Trip report aug 15 - August 19 hotel Cheyenne!

Started by Mollieben, August 22, 2015, 11:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mollieben

Just back from dlp and thought I'd write my first ever post! We booked in jan and decided not to tell the kids - boys 8 and 5 - until the morning we left as a birthday surprise for my eldest son. We woke them at 530am and they came downstairs to see the suitcases and two Mickey Mouse toys on top! Both went crazy with excitement - so worth the wait to tell them. We left at 6am for ebbsfleet to catch the 1030a Eurostar to dlp. Smooth journey - no problems , and we were unpacked at the Cheyenne and in the park by 330pm. The kids went straight onto the carousel in fantasyland, visited the dragon under the castle and then over to POTC in adventure land with a 20 minute wait. We had a wander about and a look in the shops before our reservations at Le grange tex mex buffet in the Disney village. Lovely food but the kids were both very overtired so we headed back for an early night in preparation for the next day!

Up early for a 730am breakfast and into the Disneyland park for EMH. Walked straight onto buzz light year ride - I won out of the four of us - and then onto Peter Pan with only a 5 min wait, dumbo, tea cups and the carousel again.  My 8 year old queued (for 45mins!) to see chip and dale and then we went to wait at the rope for frontierland to open. The crowd was big and I was worried about the kids in the scrum but everyone walked patiently in which was a surprise! We joined the queue for BTM and waited about 20 mins. Kids loved it - even the little one. We then went over to PM which had not opened yet for some reason so we went back into fantasy land and went in the Alice in wonderland maze and on the circus train. We queued for so long for this and it was just not worth the wait! Popped back into frontierland and went in the PM before lunch. We grabbed a hot dog from caseys corner and had a well deserved sit down by the castle. After lunch my eldest son wanted to go on SM but was about an inch too short so we went on star tours instead. The queues for orbitron and autopia were huge so we gave them a miss. By this time we were all exhausted so we went over to the Disney village and me and hubby had a beer in the sports bar whilst the kids went in the games arcade. After a spot of shopping we had reservations at plaza gardens so rushed there as we were late! It was very busy but the food was good - the kids especially liked the ice lollies for dessert. After dinner we went on a few more rides including Pinocchio and headed back to the cheyenne.

We were back in the park for EMH by 815 and did buzz and orbitron. I was disappointed that more rides were not open for EMH to be honest particularly Autopia as we never managed to get on this. We went over to the studios at 930 when the gates opened and got into the TOT queue as my youngest insisted he wanted to go on it! Me, hubby and big brother loved it but little one cried - I felt like the worst mum ever!! We went over to playland straight after and me and my 8 year old went onRC racer whilst dad and 5 year old went on slinky. RC racer is great although I admit I closed my eyes at times. The parachute drop was packed so we left that one for now and went on the studio tram tour. Having been to WDW Florida, I found this very disappointing other than catastrophe canyon - was much better in USA. We queued to meet Pluto and then Oldest son wanted to do the Rock and roller coaster so him and hubby went on this and me and little one watched the incredibles parade. We then went into Armageddon - another disappointing attraction, too much build up and not enough action. We had some lunch - sandwiches made from the breakfast buffet! - and went into the motor stunt show. The kids absolutely loved this and it was a chance for a sit down. We decided to go back to the hotel for a rest after this as the kids were tired and wanted to play with their new toys. We were back in the village for 530 for our cafe mickey reservations. This was great - kids got lots of photos and autograph so, mickey, Minnie, goofy, Pluto, eeyore. The food was not great but as we were starving no-one minded. Had a wander around the Disneyland park after dinner, few rides and called it a night at 9pm.

Last full day today and my eldest sons 9th birthday! Straight into the studios at 930am and in the queue for crush's coaster. So worth the wait - loved it. Got fast passes for ratatouille straight after for 3pm, went on the rock and rollercoaster again and the animation show. We decided to try the parachute drop again - 60 min wait! Oldest boy got in the single riders queue and was on in 15 mins. We did slinky again and then over to cars and the flying carpet ride. After lunch we watch animagique and wandered back over to the Disneyland park. It was so, so busy - busiest day so far, I don't know why as it was a Tuesday not the weekend. We were back over to the studios for 3 for our ratatouille fast pass. What a fantastic ride - we all loved it. Kids queued to meet buzz after and then back to the Disneyland park to find a spot for the parade although there was the inevitable pushing and shoving. A kind French man let the children stand in front of him when the parade came so they had a good view although I did not. We rushed out to Annetes when it finished and were second in the queue for a table - result! Food was nice in here and we all enjoyed it. We popped back to the hotel after this as we planned to stay up for Dreams. Back out at 9, rides on star tours again and walked straight onto Snow White which the little one was dying to do although he was scared of the witch! We found a spot for dreams but by 1015, little one was asleep on the pavement so hubby took him back to the Cheyenne. Me and the oldest watched dreams and it was certainly worth the wait - had tears in my eyes! I do feel that 11pm is too late tho - it was dark at 10 and 11 is just too late for young children. We walked back as I envisioned the shuttles would be packed and we were in bed by 12.

Last day so we had a later breakfast, packed and checked out at 11, leaving our luggage at the Cheyenne. Kids choice of what to do and they chose PM, BTM and POTC. Unfortunately BTM was out of order but we did the other two, queued to meet Pinocchio and gepettho, took some photos around the park and had a late lunch at McDonald's. Some last minute shopping , picked up the luggage and caught the 6pm Eurostar back to ebbsfleet. Back to ebbsfleet at 730 local time and home by 11pm. One very tired but happy family!

Mollie x

michaelj1973

Nice trip report. Good to hear your children had a blast.

lovindisney87

Fantastic trip report, sounds like a great time was had by all. I am pretty sure us adults need another holiday after a Disneyland holiday to recharge lol 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Mileto

Thanks for sharing with us, Mollie! Great days in the parks!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all