DLP Summer Surprise pre-trippy

Started by McSuze, August 17, 2015, 12:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McSuze

Cast
Me, Suzi 35 years young - Favourite Character - Ariel,
DH - Chris, 39 - No favourites, well, maybe Grumpy or Darth Vader lol!
DD11, her almost-12 birthday trip, Favourite Character Stitch,
DD8 - favourite Character Giselle
DS7 - Favourite Character Spiderman.

We're staying at DCR from 23-27th August, I really wanted to stay at NBC but their rooms for 5 people are limited, especially with the renovations & I didn't book until January 2015, but we've booked there for June 2016 in Compass Club.

We added HB+ and will be eating at Silver Spur, Blue Lagoon, Bistro Chez Remy & Café Mickey. I've added photopass+, which we've never had before so I'm looking forward to trying it out after reading so many reviews.

The children have no idea we're going! They know we're there in 2016, so that has distracted them from my planning for this trip hee hee  ;D

We plan to drive down from Cheshire to Watford, spend the day at the Harry Potter Studio Tour, stay overnight & tell them in the Premier Inn. I've done goody bags, including invitations from the Disney Store & arranged a call from Mickey!

We have a Sunday Morning Eurotunnel crossing. I'm so excited, I could burst!

My eldest starts Secondary School in September so it's a time of enormous change & lots of unknowns for us (I work in a school so I know how they change from year 7 onwards). She's a lovely girl & I'm sure her love of Disney will never change (mine hasn't lol!)

We aim to do BTM as it will be closed on our 2016 trip & we missed it on our last trip as it broke down on us twice (once during our FP slot on our last day & didn't reopen!). We're looking forward to riding Ratatouille as it hadn't opened yet last time. DS7 has had a major growth spurt, the only ride he isn't tall enough for is Indiana Jones, so we're looking forward to doing lots of rides together that we haven't previously.
:-)

michaelj1973

Have a nice trip. Your children will love it.

Zee79

Hi, my eldest is going into year 8 & she still loves Disney, I was dreading it would change when she went into year 7 but I think if you keep it alive they will. We off to DLP in July as a family but she is going in December with the school & can't wait. You'll have to let us know how they react. Enjoy your trip!

sydneymj

Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 17, 2015, 07:17:20 AM

We going to DLP on the 21st August leaving on the 27th have  a great time

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: sydneymj on August 17, 2015, 07:11:29 PM
Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 17, 2015, 07:17:20 AM

We going to DLP on the 21st August leaving on the 27th have  a great time

I go on holiday on the 21st!  ;D Hope you all have a good time :)

McSuze

Quote from: Zee79 on August 17, 2015, 11:57:53 AM
Hi, my eldest is going into year 8 & she still loves Disney, I was dreading it would change when she went into year 7 but I think if you keep it alive they will. We off to DLP in July as a family but she is going in December with the school & can't wait. You'll have to let us know how they react. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much, that's very reassuring  :)

McSuze

Thanks everyone, give me a wave is you see me  ;D

Mamaboogie

So jealous Suzi - I wanna go baaaaaaaaaack!!!! :o

Hope you have an amazing time - looking forward to hearing about it  ;D

McSuze

Thanks Shari hun. We're leaving today as we're having a stopover near London & going to Harry Potter Studio Tour :) xx

McSuze

I'm currently at the Premier Inn, awake before my alarm! Eurotunnel at 9.40am, ridiculously excited  :D

lovindisney87

[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

michaelj1973

Quote from: McSuze on August 23, 2015, 06:49:24 AM
I'm currently at the Premier Inn, awake before my alarm! Eurotunnel at 9.40am, ridiculously excited  :D
Have a great stay there.

Zee79

Quote from: McSuze on August 23, 2015, 06:49:24 AM

How did the kids react?

Have a great time!

Mamaboogie

Quote from: McSuze on August 22, 2015, 06:17:54 AM
Thanks Shari hun. We're leaving today as we're having a stopover near London & going to Harry Potter Studio Tour :) xx

Oh I did that last year with my girls - it's great! And tI think they've added more stuff since then! Have fun!  ;D