Favorite "Secrets" of DLP

Started by TinkSassy, August 12, 2015, 12:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkSassy

Hi -

My trip is coming up in October and I'm curious what are the little known treasures at DLP. 

For example - at WDW I love eating at Columbia Harbor House because part of the restaurant goes over the walkway so you can watch the people and the Mark Twain.  It is also quiet with a/c.   OR I love to watch the parade in Frontierland on the boardwalks because they are raised and shaded so it is comfortable and cool. 

As I've never been to DLP - what are your favorite "little things" - location, food/snack, etc.

michaelj1973

Inside the castle there is a stained glass window which portraits two doves if you watch long enough it turns into a rose.
found a youtube video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE6ae9Sc6gE
also looking for hidden mickeys.

For food I like blue lagoon.

daddyof2

Fairly well known - it's possible to watch the parade from Walt's if you get a good table

Little treasures - the facades on Main St, including the Wright Bros. cycle shop

never2old

Little tip - for the parade, we always go to the start of the route, in Fantasyland (by the restaurant Bella Notte). It's the last area to get really crowded, so you can usually go 15-30 minutes before the parade starts (depending on how busy the park is) and get a good spot...

One of my favourite spots is the Boot Hill cemetery, next to Phantom Manor. Usually quiet, great views of Frontierland, and the tombstones are worth reading! Oh, and talking of Frontierland, if possible try to go for a walk in the evening, it's so beautiful! And riding Big Thunder Mountain when it's dark it's really the best :)

Oh, and don't forget to visit the dragon sleeping under the Castle!!

Food... For a quick bite, we love Hakuna Matata, or Mr Toad's Hall. For a buffet, Agrabah Cafe (if you like Mediterranean food).

In the Studios, don't miss Cinemagique. And take some time to sit in the Place de Remy (the Ratatouille area), I love  sitting in the benches and watch the people go by...

bad-pink-tink

For me , it has to be the hidden walkway from the Arcade to Adventureland. Its possible to go from the plaza at Mainstreet, right the way down to Pirates and Peter Pan at the very end of the park using the walkway which is almost totally covered. A great way to beat the crowds and shelter from rain.

Also I love the shopping service which is available to onsite hotel guests. Shop in the morning and get your bags delivered to your hotel.

Boot Hill at Phantom Manor is something many people miss. The inscriptions on the tombstones are a must read and if its quiet, you can hear a thumping heartbeat from one of the graves.

Wish I had enough money to do this one, there is a special entrance / walkway from some of the top priced suites in Disneyland Hotel to the park via Main Street train station.

Another hidden thing at DLP which many people miss is the dragon under the Castle and the upper walk through part of the Castle.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

never2old

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on August 12, 2015, 07:55:40 PM
Wish I had enough money to do this one, there is a special entrance / walkway from some of the top priced suites in Disneyland Hotel to the park via Main Street train station.

Do you mean the lift from the Castle Club down to the park entrance? Or is there another entrance?

That lift is wonderful. You have a special key card to use it, and it really goes straight from your floor to the entrance  :D

RockNRoller

Hidden Mickeys are great but I like looking for those few places that still call it "Euro Disney" like some of the wrought iron work around the Main Street Station.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Mileto

Many favorite things have already been mentioned by previous forum members.

What else:
- the moving window on the right up side at Phantom Manor.
- the bad queen showing herself on the window up at the attraction Snow White.
- quick way connecting Fantasyland and Discoveryland (if opened)
- Nautilus and the family tree - many people forget to explore these area, but they are great!
- the three fairies in the fireplace - in the shop behind the castle

and many more.... small but wonderful secrets.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

mdw

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on August 12, 2015, 07:55:40 PM
For me , it has to be the hidden walkway from the Arcade to Adventureland. Its possible to go from the plaza at Mainstreet, right the way down to Pirates and Peter Pan at the very end of the park using the walkway which is almost totally covered. A great way to beat the crowds and shelter from rain.

Also I love the shopping service which is available to onsite hotel guests. Shop in the morning and get your bags delivered to your hotel.

Boot Hill at Phantom Manor is something many people miss. The inscriptions on the tombstones are a must read and if its quiet, you can hear a thumping heartbeat from one of the graves.

Another hidden thing at DLP which many people miss is the dragon under the Castle and the upper walk through part of the Castle.

How do I find the hidden walk way please?

RockNRoller

Quote from: mdw on August 13, 2015, 03:00:24 PM
How do I find the hidden walk way please?

I can answer that, sort of. As I'm on a work PC it wont let me post links but if you go onto You Tube and type "Phantom Manor the fastest way" you will find a clip of the same name. Apart from being a very good clip the guy featured in the clip actually uses the walk way in question and says you can use it to walk the length of the park.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Mileto

Here is a video for the covered walkway from the entrance to Peter Pan/Pirates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkng8zSJweE

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

mdw

Disney Matt

Wow! I had no idea that walkway existed!!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Mathierson24 on August 13, 2015, 08:44:20 PM

Its really great, especially when the park is at peak capacity. I used it alot on my last visit, to avoid the crush of people on Main Street / the Hub / Castle.

There are also toilets halfway along, which as people dont know about the walkway, are never crowded :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Disney Matt

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on August 13, 2015, 08:48:14 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on August 13, 2015, 08:44:20 PM

Its really great, especially when the park is at peak capacity. I used it alot on my last visit, to avoid the crush of people on Main Street / the Hub / Castle.

There are also toilets halfway along, which as people dont know about the walkway, are never crowded :)

I watched the youtube video but got confused, does it go under the ground?!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17