TRIP REPORT 21 - 26 JULY DAY 5 AND 6

Started by evie2002, July 31, 2015, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evie2002

DAY 5

Up early as usual although felt we didn't need to as we had done so much already but you are a long time away from Disney and today was the day that Space Mountain reopened so we wanted to get in early. It was a bit cooler today and a bit more overcast but that certainly didn't dampen the spirits as it was probably perfect theme park weather as I was struggling earlier in the holiday with the really hot weather.

We did the usual EMH rides but Space Mountain wasn't opening Until 10 - and explored upstairs in the castle also did some more shopping and then headed to the Studios to visit Spiderman - this was really good and our 4 year old was thrilled - hardly any queue at 10am and then Aerosmith and on to ride Ratatouille again using the VIP fastpass, then did Aerosmith again and tried to go on RC and Parachute Drop but both were closed due to the wind. We had a quick ride on Flying carpets and then caught Animagique - still brilliant and it will be interesting to see what changes they will make to it.

We took a stroll to Disney Village for lunch and had nothing booked so let the kids decide on the way, they were all happy to go to Annettes again and we had another nice lunch there. Went back to Disneyland and had a few more rides on the fastpass rides - Peter Pan, Buzz and BTM - though Space Mountain had since closed! due to technical difficulties, as well as IASW, Casey Jnr and storybook and then headed back to the hotel for a swim and a rest as we had a 5.30pm booking at Café Mickey.

Café Mickey was a big disappointment - the characters were great, we had a good table and the service was friendly - we just thought the menu choice was really poor and the quality of the food was very average, I had the soup which tasted like it had been kept warm all day - it was lukewarm and stewed and then the veal which was okay but very dry, my wife had the chicken Caesar and the chicken was of very poor quality and then a pizza that she didn't really enjoy either. We are not fussy eaters and usually really easy to please but were very disappointed on this occasion and wouldn't rush to go back. We still had a great time and the atmosphere was really good just another lacklustre overpriced Disney meal I'm afraid - kids had a ball though which is the main thing.

We had a look around some more of the shops and then headed back into the main park for some more rides - the weather was still a bit cool and we had a spot of occasional rain but thankfully it never came to anything. We hit all the FP rides again and had another go on Pirates - this had a big queue this afternoon so we left it until this evening where it was practically a walk on - and then Space Mountain - a first for my eldest son as he was too small last time we here - the kids both loved it although I still think it throws you around a bit - but it's been a while since I last did it and it looked like a lot of the planets were better effects and a lot closer to you (unless I had my eyes closed last time!) so overall it got a thumbs up from all of us.
The park atmosphere just gets better and better as the day goes on, it has a wonderful feeling in the early evening - I particularly love the outside rides in the dusk especially Indiana Jones which most times on this trip hardly needed a fast pass and BTM. We headed home at about 10pm and the shuttle was quiet as most people were waiting for Dreams - Another packed day today and home unfortunately tomorrow.

DAY 6

Myself and the big two hit EMH as usual as my wife let the little one have a lie in and packed up the bags - she did all the packing and got the bags stored on her own before meeting us later - what a star! after EMH and a hotly contested Buzz high score competition we headed early to the Studio to get in early for one last go on Crush - we had a great spot only 3rd or 4th in the queue and I explained to the kids that we don't run as its dangerous and not cool. There were cast members standing just inside to stop you - however when the first few people got through and started sprinting and nobody stopped them I told my 10 year old son to go for it - and he did' he got us within the first 12 people in the Crush queue - what a legend' and then it opened early at 9.40am and we had ridden it by 9.50! a good start to our last day, we then did RC and Parachutes with no wait and then the kids did Art of Animation while I picked up FP for Aerosmith and Space Mountain - after the week that we'd had my legs were sore and my feet were killing me but you can rest them on the plane! We had some last rides to do before we left - when I got back from Dlp and met the kids it was time for Aerosmith and then straight after that we had to move to get the time for SM - picking up a FP for BTM on the way - we met my wife and youngest after SM and did the Carousel and then we did one last ride on Pirates before my wife took the wee fella to some of his favourites and we went to do BTM for the last time. Just as we arrived it had closed due to the ubiquitous 'difficulty technique'! disappointed we wandered over to Indiana to see what the queue was like - only 5 minutes again - brilliant - last ride and then headed to meet my wife and youngest son for a late lunch at 3pm at Plaza Gardens.

Just as we were getting to the restaurant the rain started to fall for the first time and while we were in the heavens really opened - a real shame if you'd just arrived or were only here for the one day but we were really lucky as that's the only bad weather we experienced - we got a bit wet heading back to the hotel but changed when we got there.

Car picked us up at 5pm and took us back to CDeG for the 7.30pm flight back to Glasgow.

Everyone agreed what a brilliant trip it was and we went at a pretty relentless pace and packed in loads - although with plenty of rests and nice meals and with the Annual Passports we will planning to go back again soon hope you enjoyed the report.

BlackPearl

Just finished your three wonderful reports. Thanks for sharing your trip.
It seems, that you really had a great time  :D

evie2002

Thank you we did - it was exhausting at times and we all had grumpy moments but on the whole it was fab.

andrewuk

Wow what a wonderful time you had! Can't believe you had a short wait for Spidey: we were there early and the queue seemed to last forever! Loved reading this, thanks for posting  :)
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Caz

Great report. Really enjoyed reading it and comparing your experience to ours. We were there 21st to 24th but took ours at a slightly less intense pace  ;)  - will post a trip report shortly.
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008