TRIP REPORT 21 - 26 JULY DAY 3 AND 4

Started by evie2002, July 29, 2015, 11:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evie2002

DAY 3

Up and out early to enjoy EMH this time with just the big two as the pace we had set and the later nights had really wiped the little one out so my wife let him have a longer lie and arranged to meet us later - again the shuttle from the explorers was really quiet at this time and we had walk ons to all the EMH rides - I think we did Buzz three times in a row and you forget how sore it can be on your arms!

Then got into the queue for rope drop at Frontierland as although this was our third day we still hadn't done BTM yet! unheard of as its a firm favourite for all of us - unfortunately the rope was just dropped and people pushed and ran - we just took our time and joined the quite considerable queue already forming - it was then announced that the ride wouldn't be opening for another 15 minutes so we got fast passes to come back at 1140 and went to Indiana Jones - another 5 minute wait and we all enjoyed it - I find queuing to be the worst part of the trip and anything that can be done to avoid or reduce it should be planned, we make full use of fast pass and baby switch and avoid the big rides in the middle of the day - the worst queue we probably had the whole trip was one 45 minute wait for crush but this is pretty unavoidable and we then used baby switch for my wife and daughter afterwards.

Headed back to Frontierland and did PM with my eldest son - we both really enjoyed it and it was the first time the ghost over the doom buggy at the end had appeared when we had done it, then joined the rest of the gang for a ride on the Molly Brown and then headed up to the top of the Frontierland to see the Frozen sing along show - another blistering start to a day with a lot of rides ticked off and sore feet already so it was great to sit down and rest for half an hour - enjoyed the show and then we used our FP on BTM and used baby switch too - a bit of a cheat here as we had 4 fast passes - so two of us went on the ride and then we used baby switch and then the big two got to ride again with the Fast passes so we get three rides on BTM in 20minutes while the wait in line is 45minutes!

We picked up FP for Indiana for later and headed to Disney Village for another welcome rest and lunch at Annettes - the burgers here are really terrific and the price - for Disneyland anyway - is pretty reasonable especially with the 10% off from the Annual Passports.

After lunch we headed back to the main park and did some rides for the wee fella so we did IASW, storybook cruise, casey junior and teecups all with small wait times, ( dumbo was queued out! definitely only for EMH! ) and pirates - this had a 20 minute queue so you know the park is pretty busy whenever this has a queue! we could now pick up fast passes for Peter Pan and then used our passes on Indiana again. We had a nice explore around the nooks and crannies in Adventureland and let the kids have a play in the play ground to let off some steam and let us sit down again. It was another hot day and we drank lots of water throughout the day as its easy for the kids to get dehydrated and grumpy - let alone us!

We managed to catch the Frozen royal welcome today and it was nice to see - think my wife had a few tears in her eyes lol then we did Peter Pan with the FP and IASW again - it was about 4.30pm now and already people were starting to stake out places for the parade so we found a nice spot under the a tree in the shade outside the Pizza place at IASW and let the kids play with some of the toys they had bought today while I picked up some ice creams - we had a great view of the parade and afterwards wandered over to Casey and storybook cruise again and I noticed the train gong past looked very quiet so we headed to Fantasyland station and waited.....and waited - unfortunately it took us 30 minutes to get on the train! but it was a nice journey and we didn't do it last time we were here but by now we were all exhausted and headed back to the hotel for a quiet meal and let the kids have a swim and a reasonable early night.

DAY 4

Got up at 6.45am again - did this every day on our trip and always asked the kids if they would rather have a long lie but they were happy to get up and go - it might not seem like much of a holiday getting up at that time but we loved every minute of the trip and I guess wanted to make the absolute most of it so it was never a chore - another quick breakfast onto the bus and into the park for 8am - another nice day too and the kids were excited as I had bought a VIP fast pass from Ebay before we came and it was valid for all five of us for the Friday and Saturday we there as I felt that these were the days that the parks would be busiest although I didn't really notice the difference.

We did the usual EMH rides, the kids just couldn't beat me on Buzz! and we then queued at 9.30 for Autopia as this is another slow loader during the day and not really worth the long queue but fun to do for the kids, after that at just after 10 we went to BTM and walked straight on with VIP fast passes and I mean straight on and front car! brilliant - so good we walked around and walked straight on again! then did Indiana and Peter pan all with the fast pass and popped over to the Studios and did Ratatouille, TOT,  Aerosmith and the flying carpets - another blistering start and not even lunchtime!

Took a breather and wandered down to Disney village for lunch - the kids had Macdonalds and my wife and I had a sandwich from EoS and we sat outside by the lake - another lovely day and really nice to just sit and relax with a beer and people watch. Did some shopping in the village and decided to head back to the hotel to relax and rest as we were having a late night tonight.

I took the big two swimming and the little one had a sleep and then we headed back to the park for dinner at Inventions at 6pm - food was good although it hadn't seem to have changed much since we were last at Disney - we all enjoyed it though and let's face it its all about the characters and they were great - we saw Captain Hook, Donald, Geppeto, Pluto, Chip and Dale and of course Mickey! the kids loved it especially the young one and we popped back into the park for some more rides and just to soak up the evening atmosphere - the park always seems a bit quieter in the evening and the highlight was definitely BTM in the dusky dark that was just setting although no-one would do PM with me at night!

Then it was time to get a spot for Dreams and we wanted to stand a bit nearer the back as we didn't want a mad rush to get back to the bus afterwards - enjoyed the show as always although it was probably too late for the little one to be up and we left right at the end and got on the shuttle with no problem, although I could see them coming back to the hotel later on and still absolutely rammed - kids to bed and a quick beer for me another brilliant day and crammed so much into it but my feet and legs were starting to feel it - never mind you can rest them at home - another busy day tomorrow!

Lavi

cazdow

Great report sounds like it was fun. We doing first night at explores then to in dcr then last night in explorers