PHOTOPASS PLUS

Started by georgia98x, July 22, 2015, 08:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuk

Quote from: stifle on July 28, 2015, 09:41:44 PM
Quote from: vuk on July 28, 2015, 06:44:36 PM
Hello, if I can use some mobile apps - applications for waiting times and Photopass Plus - will be enough to limit 1G for about 10 days, please?

Depends on how many photos you're going to download. I use around 4GB a month myself.

10 days, all attraction and characters photos-- 300 photos maybe?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: vuk on July 28, 2015, 10:12:01 PM

You can just download the photos in your hotel if you have free wifi there, which most hotels do.
Then you dont need any internet at all with the Photopass.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

vuk

Quote from: stifle on July 28, 2015, 09:41:44 PM
Quote from: vuk on July 28, 2015, 06:44:36 PM
Hello, if I can use some mobile apps - applications for waiting times and Photopass Plus - will be enough to limit 1G for about 10 days, please?

Depends on how many photos you're going to download. I use around 4GB a month myself.

I dont know how much photos i have made...  Maybe 15 potos/day (atraction photo included). Technicaly, how much dates slurp one photo?

NCC1701Q

One photo is on average 1MB. Character photos are a bit bigger, attraction photos a bit smaller.

nathalie

Picture sizes vary from about 800 k tot 2 mb per picture.

sarahh83

am i able to buy photopass before i go? or do i get it there from the shops
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: sarahh83 on July 29, 2015, 04:14:43 PM
am i able to buy photopass before i go? or do i get it there from the shops

No because it's valid for 10 days and that goes in the moment of purchase.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

polar vixen

You can add it to your booking if with Disney,  pay for it before you go,  then you get a voucher with your park passes etc to trade in for the photo pass in one of the shops

sarahh83

Quote from: polar vixen on July 29, 2015, 05:16:04 PM
You can add it to your booking if with Disney,  pay for it before you go,  then you get a voucher with your park passes etc to trade in for the photo pass in one of the shops

is it the same price pre-booking as to buying when i get there ?
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

stifle

Normally yes. Sometimes there are special offers when booking in advance.

polar vixen

its always worth asking, last November we paid £33 for it when we booked it in advance, which reminds me... I need to call and add it on, that said, even at $9.99 it's fantastic value given the number of photos you get, and even if theres no discount, I'd still get it

vuk

Quote from: DLRPWonders on July 28, 2015, 10:54:46 PM
Quote from: vuk on July 28, 2015, 10:12:01 PM

You can just download the photos in your hotel if you have free wifi there, which most hotels do.
Then you dont need any internet at all with the Photopass.

I dont need any internet when i use scanning Photopass Plus?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: vuk on July 29, 2015, 07:52:52 PM
I dont need any internet when i use scanning Photopass Plus?

Well you don't scan it, the character attendant does.
And at the attractions you can just go the cash register and let the Cast Member scan the photo.
You don't need internet to use the Photopas. You only need internet to download the photos.
Which I reckon you either do at night at your hotel room or at home after the trip.

stifle

The only thing you need internet for is if you want to use the Photopass Plus app to scan the QR codes to quickly add ride photos to your account. As already mentioned you can ask a CM at the tills to add it to your card for you (it shows up within the app in five minutes or so). This is a better option anyway in rides such as Pirates of the Caribbean and The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror where the CM at the till can zoom the photo in to show just you and your friends.

vuk

Thank you both DLRPWonders and stifle. Now i understand.