18TH BIRTHDAY!

Started by georgia98x, July 22, 2015, 07:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgia98x

Hi! I'm going to DLP on 31st January with my boyfriend for my 18th birthday and I am so excited! just wondering if there is anything special I could do to celebrate? birthday cakes? cocktails? meeting characters etc.
any help is appreciated, id love to make this the most magical trip!
Any pictures of special things would also be appreciated
thank you!

bad-pink-tink

Go to Town Hall, which is just inside the main gates of the park, at the top of Main Street USA. Ask them for a HAPPY BIRTHDAY BADGE.

Depending on your budget you can also order a special birthday cake at most restaurants. Check out the restaurants and the menus,  then ring the Disney Dining Reservation phone number and ask how much a Birthday cake costs at different restaurants.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

twentythingamabobs

HI Georgia, hope you have a wonderful 18th birthday at Disneyland, I cant think of a better way to spend the day! You will get lots of extra attention in the Park with your birthday badge on it is a great feeling :)

For cocktails I would definitely recommend stopping off at Bar Fantasia in the Disneyland Hotel for a Glowtini, they are delicious  ;)

glenn

Don,t waste your money on a cake,if there,s only two of you you,ll never eat it all.
The restaurant will give you a box to take the uneaten cake back to the hotel,but the cake is
fairly big.
Go for the glowteenies they are quite special.

LotsoHugginBear

Quote from: glenn on July 23, 2015, 03:17:54 PM
Don,t waste your money on a cake,if there,s only two of you you,ll never eat it all.
The restaurant will give you a box to take the uneaten cake back to the hotel,but the cake is
fairly big.
Haven't they changed the cake at all restaurants now? A year ago or so you got a choclate birthdaycake which you can take with you if you wasn't able to eat it all. But now you get an ice cake which you can't take with you... (or is there any restaurant that still serves the choclate cake?).

BaileySadie

You could book a spa experience at the Disneyland Hotel (Celestia). They do a massage for 2 people, and various other treatments.

rebecca20

I went for my 22nd in June. Unfortunately it landed on a Saturday and so I decided to spend some of the day in Paris shopping, as the Monday and Tuesday were quieter for rides etc.

Depending on your hotel (I stayed in the Disney Hotel) email before hand and let them know its your birthday. I did and I had a badge (not a proper badge like Florida) at reception. Walking down the corridor towards my room I noticed one door had a balloon on it and immediately got excited. Upon entering my room there were lots of balloons (borrowed from castle club so hence why i dont know if other hotels will do this). There was also an envelope with my name on and a card with loads of character signatures - including Elsa and Anna which I reckon are pretty tricky to get.

Once in the actual park I got the usual Happy Birthdays and one man even gave me his fast passes for Peter Pan which was super kind.

For Dinner we ate in Inventions (we had the half board premium vouchers) and the characters made a big fuss (Chip decided to go get me loads of lollipops from the desert area). After leaving we popped to the bar for a cocktail - I had the Glowtini but I must admit I wouldn't order it again, I made a comment how I loved the flashing clips on the childrens cups and the waiter got me one for free (they were 7 euros to buy). Then we headed into the park for dreams! All in all a fab birthday.

I have booked to go Castle Club for my Mums 50th so we shall see what pleasures that brings!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.