DLP Halloween 2015

Started by LoopyLou, July 19, 2015, 11:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigger1974

Reading these posts is making me so envious (in the nicest way of course) lol.

Halloween is, in my opinion, the best season at DLP. The whole park looks great, villains everywhere, Jack & Sally, sweets from Goofy..... it is fantastic!

I'm already starting to think about my next trip - I'm hoping Halloween 2017 (giving next year a miss due to the extensive work taking place). I hope to return to either the Sequoia or maybe one of the new renovated rooms at the Newport. Sadly Halloween 2017 seems an awful long way off at the moment.

Oh well, to everyone going over the Halloween period hope you all love it!

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Zee79

Quote from: tigger1974 on October 17, 2015, 02:33:58 PM
Reading these posts is making me so envious (in the nicest way of course) lol.

Halloween is, in my opinion, the best season at DLP. The whole park looks great, villains everywhere, Jack & Sally, sweets from Goofy..... it is fantastic!

I'm already starting to think about my next trip - I'm hoping Halloween 2017 (giving next year a miss due to the extensive work taking place). I hope to return to either the Sequoia or maybe one of the new renovated rooms at the Newport. Sadly Halloween 2017 seems an awful long way off at the moment.

Oh well, to everyone going over the Halloween period hope you all love it!

TTFN

I feel exactly the same way- so jealous :-) my cousin & his girlfriend are going in 2 weeks so ive told them want trip report & pics. I've never been to DLP for Halloween, its the only season we havent, so we've been looking to go in 2017, been seeing what prices are like for Halloween 2016 so can have an idea how expensive it is going to be for the time we want to go.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Halloween is, in my opinion, by far the best season.
Everything about it is just simply perfect.
I'm going next weekend for 9 days.
This will be my 19th Halloween season and 8th Halloween Soirée.
Can't wait to meet the villains again and watch the cavalcade 3 times a day.
Only said that Sally unfortunately isn't out anymore :(
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: DLRPWonders on October 17, 2015, 09:58:00 PM
Halloween is, in my opinion, by far the best season.
Everything about it is just simply perfect.
I'm going next weekend for 9 days.
This will be my 19th Halloween season and 8th Halloween Soirée.
Can't wait to meet the villains again and watch the cavalcade 3 times a day.
Only said that Sally unfortunately isn't out anymore :(

This will be my first one :) my family and I fly out on Halloween! Is there a certain time you can enter the park dressed up before the halloween party starts? Also how do they know who is meant to be staying for the party? do they give you wristbands or anything?
Take what you can....give nothing back.

Mileto

Oh, DLRPWonders, I am happy for you! So many visits! And now - 9 days - it will be such fun!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Mileto on October 18, 2015, 11:06:20 AM
Oh, DLRPWonders, I am happy for you! So many visits! And now - 9 days - it will be such fun!

Haha well my nickname is Queen of Halloween.
I got that nickname for a reason :P
Definitely looking forward to it, one more week to go!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on October 18, 2015, 10:06:09 AM
This will be my first one :) my family and I fly out on Halloween! Is there a certain time you can enter the park dressed up before the halloween party starts? Also how do they know who is meant to be staying for the party? do they give you wristbands or anything?

Exciting! I'm sure you'll love it!
Officially you can enter the park in costume from 5pm.
With your Soiree ticket you can get a wristlet for the evening.
They hand out wristlets underneath the Main Street Railroad.
Just follow the signs, which are always up everywhere.
You can get your wristlet from 8am already.
After 7pm they will start checking wristlets.

rebecca20

Having just arrived back - I must say the theming is fantastic and all the characters had sweets to give out. There were also a lot more characters lurking about than in the Summer. Maybe its due to all the refurbishments but either way it was great.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

legionuk

My wife and I will be there from the 29th to the 2nd,going to the soiree on Halloween night. Does anyone know what rides and restaurants will be open during the party? We're hoping to at least ride Phantom Manor at midnight.  :o  ;)

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: legionuk on October 19, 2015, 12:56:16 PM
My wife and I will be there from the 29th to the 2nd,going to the soiree on Halloween night. Does anyone know what rides and restaurants will be open during the party? We're hoping to at least ride Phantom Manor at midnight.  :o  ;)

Phantom Manner will be open on the halloween night :) my family and i only want to ride that and POTC that night as we can leave the rest of the rides to the next day! If you see a jack sparrow walking about with his family say hi as that will be me :)

arvidbux

Just came back from three days DLP to see the Halloween decorations and it looks amazing. Loads of entertainment and characters. Pictures are being uploaded and a trip report is in the making.

gemmasteele84

Ohhhh cant wait to see :) we go on monday and im so excited!

legionuk

Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on October 19, 2015, 06:24:45 PM

Phantom Manner will be open on the halloween night :) my family and i only want to ride that and POTC that night as we can leave the rest of the rides to the next day! If you see a jack sparrow walking about with his family say hi as that will be me :)

Excellent! I was hoping Pirates would be open, too. Keep an eye out for a tall Captain Hook with an Ursula, me hearty.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Most rides will be open during the Soirée.
However please keep in mind that 3-4 hour queues are pretty normal for that evening.
The Soirée really isn't an evening for rides, it's an evening for entertainment and to enjoy the atmosphere.

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: legionuk on October 19, 2015, 11:24:43 PM
Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on October 19, 2015, 06:24:45 PM

Excellent! I was hoping Pirates would be open, too. Keep an eye out for a tall Captain Hook with an Ursula, me hearty.

Brilliant! you need to post a pic so I recognise you :)

As DLRPWonders says, it is a great night to enjoy the atmosphere. Ive told the kids not to be too sad if we dont get on much as we are hitting the magic kingdom the next day. I wouldnt want to que 3 hours for POTC and miss things but part of me really wants to get some pics in the que of it with the pirate scenery haha