DLP Halloween 2015

Started by LoopyLou, July 19, 2015, 11:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on July 29, 2015, 11:18:23 AM
Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on July 29, 2015, 09:48:06 AM
Quote from: HildeKitten on July 28, 2015, 11:53:30 PM
It's much like any convention when it comes to costumes.
Some costumes will be amazing, others will be really good/nice and some will be "omg why are you wearing that aweful thing" rubbish.
But hey, it doesn't matter what others think of a person's costume, it's the wearer that needs to like it, and as long as they do, its all good :)

Awesome thanks :) did you see any adults dressed as disney characters because I'm getting mixed reactions to my costume from the disney workers!!

my hubby went one year to one of the not so scary halloween party's that they had and he went as jack , not the best costume one i made myself even had my uggs on haha ,think looking at your small pic there yours looks like it is a detailed costume , you will have to post a full pic , but captain jack loved it pulled him out of the crowed and got him to pose in captain jack poses with him , it was fun and my hubby was so embarrassed  , i was maleficent and i saw lots of other people dressed as disney characters ....
think the thing is that you dont portray to be that character , safety for children that could wander off with a character that really isnt one...
we went last july ,i put some photos on a trip report , and we were only disney bounding but got people stoping us and asking for photos even though we were not really dressed up

Wow that sounds brilliant!! Always great to hear of another Jack!! I saw posters stating not to act in character or pose for pics ( which I would never ever do there), I saw pics of some immense
Jack and Sally's who looked better than the cast members haha

This is my costume attached so if you see me
With a wench wife, an undead Elsa (daughter) and a young Jack Skellington then please say hi! We are flying from scotland on Halloween morning :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Take what you can....give nothing back.

ilovemainstxxx

great costume !!!!!

my daughter said was the pic at mcm comic con ?? she thought she saw you ..

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on July 29, 2015, 09:43:41 PM
great costume !!!!!

Hiya :) thanks!

I wasn't at MCM this year but quite a few jacks were haha I only hit the cons up in scotland! It's quite a competitive game this sparrow malarky haha! Please say hi if you and your family spot me and my family in the park! :D

HildeKitten

@CaptainKennySparrow, the years I did the soirée Halloween I didn't, but I saw photos from a girl who went last year, and her Snow White costume was so spot on that initially I didn't even realise it was her and not an official character.
So obviously you can get in with a _really_ realistic costume, but I wouldn't advise it, because it'll entirely depend on who's at the entrance whether you get in or not.
Personally I always liked to do Disneybound outfits, but slightly more over the top, because that would always be ok. And it would give me the freedom to move to comfortably do rides :)

I saw some girls with HUGE hoop skirted historical dresses one Soirée, and whilst they looked amazing, they couldn't even sit down. I can't imagine that was much fun XD

Cheshire_Cat01

We have been to the party last year and all the three of us were dressed as disney characters (Rapunzel, mother Gothel and Zarina from Tinkerbell and the pirate fairy). We had no problems getting inside with the costumes. A CM stopped us in front of the entrance and complimented our costumes and asked us not to pose for pictures with other guests or sign autographs.  But as long as you stick to these rules you should be alright.
Btw your Sparrow costume is amazing. You have the perfect face for the Captain!

CaptainKennySparrow

@HildeKitten Thanks for the advice :) Ive been trying to find any photographs from last year to see some people dressed up but cant find any haha, I think I'm worrying a wee bit too much about it, mainly because I know my little girl who is pirating up with me would be devistated if we got knocked back. Good thing I have written confirmation from the managers are disney allowing me to dress up , so I can present that should there be any issues!

@Cheshire_Cat01 your costumes sound epic! do you have any pictures of them? It sounds like as long as you stick to the rules then there shouldnt be a problem. I would love to get a picture with the french Jack haha and see what hes like! Ill probably lay my scottish accent on thick when im there so they know Im not Jack! (I can do the voice due to being employed as a lookalike but would mega tone it down for that night haha) Does it get quite busy at night?? Also we havent got a clue as to what time you are allowed to enter the park dressed up, I think the Halloween party starts at half 8 but I'm not sure if youre allowed in before hand to enjoy some of the rides? Sorry for all the questions hahaha

Cheshire_Cat01

I have seen many guests with great disney costumes so I wouldn't worry too much.
The only thing i would recommend is not to go there to early. With a ticket to the party you are allowed to enter the park from 4pm but I think they won't let you in with a costume at that time.
Of course I have pictures of our costumes.
It was quite busy last year but I expected it to be worse because the party was sold out. If you want a picture with a character you will have to wait for a while but there are plenty of events so the guests split up a bit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

CaptainKennySparrow

@cheshire_cat01 those costumes are fantastic! We were thinking of going there for about 7 ish? What would you recommend :),

Btw how were the other guests in the park with your costumes?? Are they as friendly as the Americans hah

Cheshire_Cat01

Thank you.
All the other guests we talked to were really nice. Many guests asked for pictures. Some of them were a bit disappointed that we weren't allowed to take pictures with them but all in all they were understanding. Unfortunately I have never been to Disneyworld so I don't know how the Americans behave ;-) But in general Halloween isn't celebrated that much in France just like here in Germany. Perhaps in America more people dress up or put more effort into their costumes. But that is just my assumption.
I met some other Rapunzels and even a Flynn that was really fun. Even though my french is not very good  :P
This year we will be there as Aurora and the pink and blue fairy. I have already started on our costumes  8)
I think 7pm is a good time to arrive. I guess we will be there about 6 pm like last year.

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on July 29, 2015, 10:36:55 PM
Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on July 29, 2015, 09:43:41 PM
great costume !!!!!

Hiya :) thanks!

I wasn't at MCM this year but quite a few jacks were haha I only hit the cons up in scotland! It's quite a competitive game this sparrow malarky haha! Please say hi if you and your family spot me and my family in the park! :D

hi again
sadly we are not going then , not been at Halloween in awhile
looking at the pics everyone's costumes look great , hope there will be lots of pics after the event  :D :D

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Cheshire_Cat01 on July 31, 2015, 05:49:25 PM
Thank you.
All the other guests we talked to were really nice. Many guests asked for pictures. Some of them were a bit disappointed that we weren't allowed to take pictures with them but all in all they were understanding. Unfortunately I have never been to Disneyworld so I don't know how the Americans behave ;-) But in general Halloween isn't celebrated that much in France just like here in Germany. Perhaps in America more people dress up or put more effort into their costumes. But that is just my assumption.
I met some other Rapunzels and even a Flynn that was really fun. Even though my french is not very good  :P
This year we will be there as Aurora and the pink and blue fairy. I have already started on our costumes  8)
I think 7pm is a good time to arrive. I guess we will be there about 6 pm like last year.

Funny you saying that I read that the french weren't introduced to halloween until something ridiculous like the 80s!! Don't know if it's accurate!! I will Be looking out for you guys for pics! We arrive in Paris at half 10 from flying at half 7 so think an afternoon nap and rum will wake me up haha! We are so excited to go! Just hope rides aren't closed when we are there!!

Cheshire_Cat01

@ ilovemainstxxx: We will take some pictures for you  :)

@ CaptainKennySparrow: I will keep my eyes open for Jack Sparrow.
I don't know yet when we will arrive. We'll get there by car on the 31st.

ilovemainstxxx

hi again CaptainKennySparrow
was looking through some old sd cards and found these old photos ...a couple of my hubby as jack like i said , looking back these were 5 years ago ,
not long for you now really , hope you have a great time

littlebitofpixiedust

Wow! Those photos to me looks like the real deal or near enough to it! I look forward to your trip reports guys about the party enjoy  ;D

Ruby Dawn

Ha - how cool to be married to Captain Jack even if just for Halloween  ;)  :-*