Mickey Ears

Started by deltaandthebannermen, July 07, 2015, 10:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deltaandthebannermen

When I went to Florida a few years ago, one of my favourite purchases were my classic Mickey Ears.  Knowing we were going to Paris, I planned to buy a new set.  In Florida I remembered seeing all sorts of variations - pirates, Sorcerer, etc.

However, the only disappointing aspect of Paris for me (the rest of the trip was utterly awesome) was that there were hardly any Mickey Ears - not even classic ones!  The only two choices I had were the Mickey Sorcerer hat or the light up ones.  I went for the Sorcerer hat in the end but can't believe they weren't selling any other types.  Is this normal for Paris?  Do Florida still sell all the variants (we went about 7 years ago)?

Minnie Ears seemed to have a few more options, but not many.

Disney Matt

I searched high & low during my last visit for classic ears & found none! Was very disappointed. Minnie on the other hand had lots of options.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Komble

They may not be official but you could always shop around online (perhaps eBay, etsy or Amazon) to find what you are looking for just in case you cannot find anything in the parks.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Although I've never been to the american parks, i know that the Mickey Ears are very popular merchandise over there. And they will most likely never never stop to sell them. This is partly due to the popular 50's television show "The Mickey Mouse Club" where all the kids wore them, which cemented them in Disney Pop Culture.
Now I don't know if they ever sold them in Paris (maybe in the early days of the park), but i guess the reason why they don't sell them anymore is, because the europeans don't have that strong connection to them, because we never saw the show. Which is dumb, because i think they lived their life independently from the show for so long, that they could at least try to sell them again! Sometimes I think DLP doesn't want my money  :P ... They are missing out on so much merchandise opportunities, not just the hats...
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014