First Visit Trip Report -Hotel Cheyenne -23-28 June '15 (with photos) *Complete*

Started by DisneyChris11, July 07, 2015, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Great report. I have heard about people seeing the Eiffel Tower from La Cabane des Robinsons, but never saw it myself, despite having a good old look! And you got into Toad Hall, it always seems to be shut when we want to go in!

Sounds like you had a great time, keep 'em coming!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Mileto

It's such a pleasure to read your report, DisneyChris11! And you made beautiful pictures! Thank you for taking time.

We've never been to King Ludwig's, Disneyland and surrounding have so much to explore each time.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DisneyChris11

andrewuk - Yes, we wanted to check toad hall out and had heard it shuts at about 5pm daily so went for a late lunch.
Mileto - Thanks a lot, King Ludwig's is great, a hidden gem. That's what I love about DLP, so much detail in everything and so much places to explore!

Last day coming very soon! :)

DisneyChris11

Day 6 - Sunday 28th June

Was the last day today, got all packed and took our bags to the left luggage area and went for breakfast, had a nice last breakfast and then walked to the parks for the last time. We ventured into Hotel New York on our way past to have a look as we wanted to take a peek in at least one of the other hotels before we left. Loved the theme at this hotel, a total contrast to the Cheyenne, would love to stay here in the future ! We then went in some of the shops like the Disney Gallery in Disney Village and then on to walt disney studios park. On our way we saw the compass on the floor with all the other Walt Disney Resorts, hadnt seen these before, amazing what you miss :)

We first saw stars n cars and had a quick look there, then went to cinemagique as it was back open, well in time for the show today. Was a good unique show, I think I enjoyed animagique better, but they were both incredibly good and I liked the effects and the way it incorporated lots of films into one in cinemagique. Then we didn't have time for much else and I wanted to use our photopass on rock n roller coaster so queued up, it was 55 mins but this was one of the rides we really wanted to do, so waited. The queue outside was a bit bland, but once we were in the building it was very good, went through different memorabilia areas and then to the recording studio, Aerosmith were on a screen designing a rollercoaster. It was a good build up to the ride and into the next room which was the station and WOW, it was dark and there were lights and scenery, then the train came round and launched into darkness! Got to the front of the queue and got front seat! The ride was great, very thrilling, and the sounds and lights all fitted together brilliantly. We then got our photo on the pass.

We saw a meet & greet at toon studio with mickey mouse, just before we left so had a last photo. Then had the last stop at World of Disney to get last minute souvenirs, We got some postcards and a mug, and I wanted a lanyard and a photo album but they didn't have the ones I wanted, so I had the last chance back at the hotel where we headed back to. Luckily I found both there – perfect. A unique photo album too, I haven't seen it anywhere else :)

Then we picked up our bags and went to the bus to get it to the station. Cos we had so many bags it was a bit of a task to get them all on and off the bus and to the station but we just about managed. Went into the station and to eurostar departures. Went through passport control and bag check which was relatively relaxed and much clamer here. Got on the train and then off we went back to England Then we headed to Kings Cross and got the train back up to Yorkshire!

Overview
It was an absolutely brilliant holiday and trip, One of the best trips of my life, if not the best! Have thousands of pics & videos and magical memories to look back on and experienced some amazing things. The weather was spot on – Sunshine all day everyday, was hot but bearable, I was surprised how much I enjoyed the heat. We got on pretty much all the main attractions and rides except a few which will be good to do next time. The shows were incredible, the rides were brilliant, Loved walking through Disney village and on the river to the parks. Got lots of souvenirs as well :)  Will definitely return for the 25th Celebrations in 2017 and would love to stay at Hotel New York or Newport Bay, will be interesting to see all the refurbs as well. Been truly Disneyfied and looking forward to many more trips in the future! :D

Mileto

Great visit and memories! Thanks again, DisneyChris11!

It's always this nostalgia-happy-sad-feeling at the end! We all had it. The one thing I always say to myself and then loudly to my beloved company (staying at the exit gates): Goodbye but for now! We'll come again some day!

I know there's magic and it's the fault of this one special coin I threw in the waters of Splash Mountain in Tokyo Disneyland in 1993 making one wish.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

mdw

hi, how many pictures did you get on your photopass? how much was it? where did you buy it?.....please

great trip report

stifle

I can field the last two questions. The PhotoPass+ costs €49.99 and is sold at stores near the entrance to each park.

andrewuk

Loved reading this.  I always get transfixed by the rnrc launch when I first see it. I have to be careful or the queue starts moving past me!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

DisneyChris11

Thanks again everyone, nearly 2 months since we left, ready for my next trip there, time flies!

mdw - We got around 20+ pics on the photopass, but I know people that have got a lot more, we would have but wasn't at the meet & greets at the right time so missed out on a lot of the character photos.
We got it in World of Disney with a voucher that made it 29.99 euros - a Bargain! But that voucher has expired now unfortunately. At 49.99 euros normally though it's worth it :)

andrewuk - Yes, I think we got overtaken by a few people by being transfixed at the launch! :D