advice for spring 2016 booking, 5 adults 1 child

Started by Spacepilot, June 26, 2015, 11:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacepilot

Can anybody help me?

We are looking at going in march 2016 with 5 adults and one child aged 6, staying at a hotel on site, probably for 3 nights/4 days all in one room if it is the cheapest solution. We prefer to include a weekend so less schooldays have to be "skipped" (for example 17-20 march 2016). An option would also be around easter or Pentecost.

When does Swing into Spring start? The renovation of Newport should be finished by then, right?

We are on a tight budget, so what would be the cheapest offer/which hotel to go/what arrival and departure date?
And on which Disneyland site is it best to book concerning pricing at the moment? Should I book right now or do we know from experience when new offers are coming up (like 20-30% discount). Until when do I have to do the booking?

Thank you very much for the advice.

Mileto

Hi!

Newport Bay will be ready by then.
I understand you search not especially Disneyland Hotel (the most expensive one), but all the hotels on site.
You can book early and play a little bit by checking the prices in the different official sites of Disney for the different countries.

For example:
disneylandparis.fr
disneylandparis.be
disneylandparis.co.uk
disneylandparis.es
disneylandparis.it

And see which offer is the best in the moment. I booked a month ago using the French crossover offer.
Better call and book after choosing. Now it's an early booking, so you have all possible discounts, also the child is free.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

grovesie

I am not sure that the DLH family rooms sleep 6, and would be very costly. You might be able to get a family room at the Santa Fe, if not it will be 2 rooms with an interconnecting door. We do the 2 rooms every time we stay and with the interconnecting door it feels like the single room

Spacepilot

Thanks for the answers so far :-)

I didn`t mean the Disneyland Hotel, but all the other hotels on site.

daddyof2

The best deals are often the free nights ones, but if you're going for 3 nights that possibly doesn't work out the best, so look for the 30% off deals (I think that's the highest percentage offered). Also, the price of your stay is affected by the date you START your trip so don't start it on a Friday or Saturday if possible. In March next year, there will be special events for St Davids Day (between 4th and 6th) and St Patricks Day (17th) so it might be worth trying to overlap with one of these.

Spacepilot

We adjusted our plans a bit, we are looking now at 5 days, 4 nights with 5 adults and 1 child in a compass club room in Newport Bay, May 2016 (since this is the only option the website offers for 6 people in one room, apart from Davy Crocket).

The website doesn`t mention that halfboard is included. Is it not included (when we book early)? How does it work with the included halfboard? Does anybody know more details about the compass club?
Is it clear if the lake in frontierland will still be without water at this time? Will the railway be operational?

Thank you very much for your help.

daddyof2

Normally, only B&B is included. Half or Full Board can be added when you book or added at a later date

stifle

Half board is only included if there is a special offer running. The default price is for B&B.

Spacepilot

Do you know what the cost for extra halfboard for 5 adults and one child is? On the website it says there is no such option, so I probably have to call. Whats the difference in price/restaurants you can eat at with the different halfboard-tiers?

Edit: I found a list with the halfboard prices per night, so I guess these are valid when booking halfboard as an extra.

Does anybody know at what level the halfboard is when booking an offer for Newport Bay Club that has halfboard included (Hotel/Standard/Plus/Premium)?

Zee79

Half board standard at mo is abt £22 per adult & £12 per child per night. The offers I was getting was exactly same cost if standard tickets are bought for the Newport as it was for the Cheyenne. Usually thought the Newport is often the half board plus with it being a more expensive hotel. There has been 20% of meal plans recently so I would give them a call.

Mileto

Zee79, did I understand you right? They will allow you to buy standart half board and you are staying in Newport?
And they have in the moment 20% off standart HB prices?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

stifle

They'll encourage you to buy Plus half board if staying in the Newport Bay Club as the Yacht Club and Cape Cod don't accept Standard. But it's possible to have Standard if you like.

£22 seems like the normal price for Standard HB, a little pricey if anything as the euro price is €27 which is around £19 at current exchange rates.

Spacepilot

Thank you for your answers so far.  :)

As I said, we (5 adults, one child under 7) would like to book one compass room in Newport Bay for all of us.
So far so good.

But any advice for transportation?

Me and two other adults will arrive by car from Germany, the other half from the family (2 adults, 1 child) travels from UK, near Glasgow.

Any tips what would be the cheapest/fastest/easiest way for them to travel? By train, by plane, ...? And where is it best to book this?
Any advice maybe from someone who has travelled from UK to Disneyland Paris would be very much appreciated.
To make the most of their visit, they should be able to arrive in Disneyland as early as possible in the morning and leave as late as possible on the last day.

stifle

easyJet flies from Glasgow to Paris CDG. Or you may wish to fly via London for better timings. Take the TGV train (9 minutes) between the airport and the park.

daddyof2

If you look at the 3 "main" options - driving, flying or Eurostar, driving is normally cheapest but slowest. From Glasgow, flying will be quickest if they intend to travel all the way in one leg and can be reasonably cheap if they can book ahead and be flexible. Eurostar is the easiest in my opinion but they would need to get to London or Kent. If they get a train to Euston one afternoon, they can get the direct service from St Pancras the next morning. Not necessarily the cheapest but London - DLP with no changes, and they can be in the park around lunchtime. Booking transport separately directly from the flight provider or Eurostar is best, less likely to have hidden fees. Are you ok with your travel from Germany? I assume you are