Gluten free fries

Started by Allergyboysmum, June 25, 2015, 07:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allergyboysmum

Hi we're going to DLP with my two boys with multiple allergies in the summer holidays. I've seen that they do microwave meals for allergies but not sure mine would eat these and from reading other posts they don't sound good. We have a meal plan plus is there anywhere we can get them gf fries on the meal plan. Is there any other tips? We will take a lot of food with us .

polar vixen

Some places the fries/chips are safe, some they aren't, The lucky nugget is out ( I ended up paying full pricefor my boys to have a bunless burger and salad!  Which of course they didn't eat.  )   Wedges I believe are out aswell+, and curly fries, but at the buffets you could get the allergy meal ( we found the sausage one ok) and still pick what you wanted from the buffet - salad, chips, carved meats etc.  Plaza gardens, and restaurant des stars we found the best as they had jelly pots for dessert.  We found the trick at buffets to persevere till we found someone who could tell us what was and wasn't suitable, usually the chef, even asking in poor French C'est sans gluten?  If you have the tea time treat magnums are gluten free, but sadly  not dairy free if your kids need to avoid that too.  Merangues are ok, I think you can get them at the cable car bake shop

HildeKitten

Sadly large theme parks such as Disney only do so much for people with dietary requirements, so I'm doubting it'll be easy at all for you.
I think the best thing you can do is ring Disneyland Paris directly, explain the situation and ask them to help you figure it out for sure.

DisneyRon

Quote from: HildeKitten on June 26, 2015, 04:21:17 PM
Sadly large theme parks such as Disney only do so much for people with dietary requirements, so I'm doubting it'll be easy at all for you.
I think the best thing you can do is ring Disneyland Paris directly, explain the situation and ask them to help you figure it out for sure.

WDW will do just about anything you ask them to Hilde, not sure how DLP does things, but they may surprise you. :D

polar vixen

I was speaking from experience,  I've got five kids,  four of whom have to be. Gluten and milk free,  and we've been at Disney every year for the lart 4 years,  or worst experience was inventions add they didn't even offer the gluten free meals so my kids are nothing but fruin from the desert section,  it really does depend who you ask at the time,  with pushing alot of places even counter service would go and get the food packaging so I could check for myself.

HildeKitten

Ron, I actually was talking about theme parks in Europe. I don't see why I would mention a park from outside the EU on the DLP forum :P
Especially not considering I've not been to WDW :)

Mind you, what WDW does or doesn't do is irrelevant in this case, as Allergyboysmum is trying to find out about DLP ;)

DisneyRon

Quote from: HildeKitten on June 26, 2015, 08:13:37 PM
Ron, I actually was talking about theme parks in Europe. I don't see why I would mention a park from outside the EU on the DLP forum :P
Especially not considering I've not been to WDW :)

Mind you, what WDW does or doesn't do is irrelevant in this case, as Allergyboysmum is trying to find out about DLP ;)

I know Hilde, but it is Disney, a unified policy would make sense, though that is probably not applicable, as DLP isn't owned by Disney directly. :)

Allergyboysmum

Thanks polar vixen, yes we are milk free, soya free and corn free too! We went 3 yrs ago and took all there food with us and a mini fridge lol! I'm hoping not to have to take everything this time. Have you tried The Steak House? I also found when we were there last time there wasn't much fresh fruit available in many places my eldest lives on his fruit any ideas about that! We stayed at sequoia last time and found only tinned fruit at breakfast!

HildeKitten

During summer I've often seen stalls selling fruit out and about, but I'm not sure in how far it's available the rest of the year.
Some all you can eat buffet restaurants have fruit on the menu, I remember I had an apple at Agrabah, but that was in 2010 so I'm not sure in how far they still have fruit.

Maybe it's best to at least pack _some_ fruit though, just to be on the safe side.