Newport Bay Ahoy! Trip report - updated Day 2!!

Started by Mamaboogie, June 21, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamaboogie

Quote from: abismummy on August 20, 2015, 10:46:51 PM
Lovely report so far. We was there 12th to 16th August in the same hotel too! We thought it was a lovely hotel and pool was great too. x

Thanks! We loved the hotel. Never got to see the pool - next time! ;)

Mamaboogie

Quote from: sarahh83 on August 21, 2015, 10:46:30 AM
looking forward to reading more! fab pictures! we are going that hotel 23-27 december cannot wait xx

Thanks for reading!  :) I would love to go in December and see it all set up for Christmas!

Mamaboogie

Day 2!

We were up nice and early for our first full day. We had a 7am breakfast slot and we were some of the first people in the restaurant. I've had experience of DLP breakfasts before and sometimes I've found it to be a bit busy and a bit of a scrum. It was nice and quiet all the time we were there, we didn't have any problem getting around the breakfast buffet and choosing what we wanted. There was a nice selection of continental breakfast goods - croissants, toast, creals, fruit, yoghurts, meats, cheese, juices and tea and coffee. Here are a couple of photos of some of our offerings:

Fuelled up, we headed out into the park for EMH!

Nice to wander through a quiet Disney Village:

Fab to see some characters out and about. If I was going to try and get a photo with them it would be this time:

Chris wore his Pluto hat all day - I was impressed!

Of course, we had to get on Dumbo!

We went on Peter Pan and the teacups:

Over to Buzz:

When the park opened properly at 10am we headed over to Frontierland for a BTMRR fast pass. Whilst waiting for our FP time we went to see if Casey Jnr was open - it was! And with a 5 min wait. I love this ride!

We also went on the storybook boat ride (can never remember the french name!)

We had to try the Carousel:

We also went on the Pinocchio ride. Soon it was time for our Big Thunder fp - Chris's first time ever on it!

The fastpass queue was not particularly fast! More a 'bit less slow' pass. We queued for about half an hour. But Chris absolutely loved it! And I'd forgotten how much fun it was.

After our ride we went and picked up a FP for Star Tours for after our lunch. Here we are enjoying the sunshine:

Coming up: Lunch at Walt's

Komble

What a fantastic trip report, it's good that the reservations worked out in the end!!

Thank you very much for the photo of the breakfast - it's pretty much confirmed they still have those apple things! I used to love them back in 2010 and I'm so excited to have them again, hahaha!

I look forward to reading more about your trip and seeing more pictures - looks like you had a fantastic time and the little birthday treat is a lovely touch :D

Mamaboogie

Quote from: Komble on August 21, 2015, 08:55:23 PM
What a fantastic trip report, it's good that the reservations worked out in the end!!

Thank you very much for the photo of the breakfast - it's pretty much confirmed they still have those apple things! I used to love them back in 2010 and I'm so excited to have them again, hahaha!

I look forward to reading more about your trip and seeing more pictures - looks like you had a fantastic time and the little birthday treat is a lovely touch :D

Thanks for reading! Am spending so much time looking at dates to go back.  :P

Mamaboogie

Lunch at Walt's

So after a morning of fun in the park we trotted off for our lunch reservation at Walt's - my favourite DLP restaurant.

When we checked in the CM told us she would find us a nice table. she then backtracked and said all the tables were nice  :)

We went straight upstairs and got seated. It was a nice table but not a window seat.

We again used our half board vouchers. There was plenty of choice on the set menu. Chris had another beer and I decided to try a Martini Royale:

This cocktail was a little too sour for me so I didn't drink it all. Luckily you also get a soft drink included with the half board plus vouchers so I didn't go thirsty.

There was some nice crusty bread and butter:

To start I had a chicken Caesar salad:

Again very fresh and delicious. Chris had a smoked salmon bagel:

For main course I had chicken supreme in marsala sauce with crushed potatoes and veg:

Chris had beef steak with potatoes:

For dessert I had a baileys creme brulee and Chris had the american style cheesecake:

I still love this restaurant so much. The service is so good and the food was amazing.

After lunch we headed over to Star Tours to use our fast pass. Unfortunately, it was another case of 'not so slow pass' and we ended up waiting a good half an hour. It was lots of fun though  ;D

After lots of queuing and eating we were feeling a bit tired so we headed back to the hotel for a bit of a rest, looking in some shops on the way. Chris loves Stitch:

Refreshed we went back into the Disneyland Park. We popped into the Disneyland Hotel:

We managed to get on Snow White with hardly any wait!

We wanted to find somewhere to get a counter service meal but most places were closed! We ended going back to Disney Village and calling in at Earl of Sandwich. I had an original sandwich and Chris had a Hawaiian. We also shared a brownie and some crisps. I love Earl of Sandwich. Always lots of space to sit in and the food is so good.

After eating, we wandered to the Hotel New York and had some cocktails in the bar. I love it here - especially when they give you a little pot of olives and peanuts to go with your drinks. I had a Fred Astaire cocktail and Chris had a Fragol rock:

After a very full and busy day we staggered back to our hotel.

Coming up: Walt Disney Studios!

lovindisney87

[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

michaelj1973

Mmm good food pictures. Am thinking about also visiting wants.  And looking at those pictures I am almost sure that I will go there. Thanks

McSuze

I'm hungry now looking at your yummy food pictures  ;)
:-)