Newport Bay Ahoy! Trip report - updated Day 2!!

Started by Mamaboogie, June 21, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mileto

Here you goooo ......  ;D

Have un unforgetable stay!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Mamaboogie

Thanks! We are back now  :'(

Will write up a proper trip report when I get some energy back!

lovindisney87

Hope you had an amazing time looking forward to your trip report and loads of photos 😉 x
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Mamaboogie

Day One!

So excited to be setting off! We drove from sunny (ish) Scarborough at 9am and arrived in Yeadon for a cuppa with my Stepmum before leaving our car there and getting a taxi up to the airport.

Here we are waiting to board:

Pretty soon we were on the plane to France!:

It's a hop, skip and a jump over to France. It was great to get off the plane and feel the sunshine:

So exciting to get on the little bus to the terminal. We had booked a taxi from Charles de Gaulle and our driver was waiting with my name on his ipad. Well, I say it was my name but it actually came up as 'Shark' instead of Shari. Which was hilarious!

Soon we were arriving at Newport Bay:

A very lovely cast member checked us in. When she found out it was Chris's birthday she gave him a coupon for two free pin badges. A lovely touch of magic.

We went up to our room which was on the third floor. It was very near to the lifts so we didn't have too far to walk! Like you don't walk enough at Disney!

The room was a lovely, bright corner room. Very clean and comfy. A really nice base for our holiday.

We wanted to get into the park so we dumped our bags and headed out. It was a beautiful afternoon:

Yes, the Newport Bay is covered in scaffolding and many areas are being refurbished. But it honestly didn't spoil our stay at all. We want to go back and see it in all it's glory when it's finished.

We just wandered through Disney Village and towards the Disneyland Park, soaking up all the atmosphere. Chris had never been to any Disney Park before and I wanted him to enjoy it. He took lots of photos. Neither of us could actually believe we were there. After the year we'd had, it seemed like a dream.

You can see Chris is wearing his birthday sticker that we picked up from City Hall. He got so many people, cast members and public, saying happy birthday to him. It made the day so special.

It's a Small World was closed for refurbishment:

We spotted Anna and Elsa:

Coming up: A lovely meal at Blue Lagoon.

michaelj1973

Mamaboogie

Continued...

So, after spending a wonderful time exploring the park and taking lots of photos, it was time to check in for our reservation at The Blue Lagoon. I had been a bit nervous about my dining reservations because I wasn't sure the french lady on the other end of the phone had understood my requests. However, when we checked into Newport Bay, the CM had found our reservations with no problem and printed them out for us.

I love The Blue Lagoon - it is such a nice atmosphere, right on the edge of Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

I had a Caribbean salad to start:

Chris had the prawn cocktail:

Main course for me was the crayfish ravioli:

Chris had the catch of the day - salmon:

I had coconut mousse for dessert:

Chris had a mango pudding:

The food was truly delicious. The service was very friendly and attentive. It was a perfect start to our holiday.

After our meal we went for a wander. Our first ride of the holiday turned out to be phantom manor - I love this ride. And so did Chris - a good choice for a first ride. After that we got on pirates.

We watched Disney dreams from the side of the castle near Adventureland. What a stunning show this is.

On the way back to the hotel Chris decided to get himself a Pluto hat. I guess you can say he was well and truly in the Disney zone!

After a truly brilliant first day we got back to the hotel to do our unpacking and fall exhausted into bed!

Coming up; Our first full day at DLP!

AlmostThere...

I love this trip report so far, you both look so happy :) can't wait for more x
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

Mamaboogie

Quote from: AlmostThere... on August 20, 2015, 10:26:47 AM
I love this trip report so far, you both look so happy :) can't wait for more x

Thanks! We were very giddy! ;D

DisneyChris11

Great report so far!  :) The food looks brilliant at Blue Lagoon, need to go there next time.
Look forward to reading more   :D

Puffin

Wow, seems you had a really great holiday! :) And thanks for all the pictures. Love the look of that Newport Bay room. That's probably the hotel we'll book on our next trip.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Mamaboogie

Quote from: DisneyChris11 on August 20, 2015, 02:23:09 PM
Great report so far!  :) The food looks brilliant at Blue Lagoon, need to go there next time.
Look forward to reading more   :D

Thank you!  :) Blue Lagoon was delicious - definitely worth trying.

Mamaboogie

Quote from: Puffin on August 20, 2015, 03:49:39 PM
Wow, seems you had a really great holiday! :) And thanks for all the pictures. Love the look of that Newport Bay room. That's probably the hotel we'll book on our next trip.

It was a magical holiday. Newport Bay was a bit of a building site when we went - but we saw past all that and really enjoyed our time there. Would definitely go back.

abismummy

Lovely report so far. We was there 12th to 16th August in the same hotel too! We thought it was a lovely hotel and pool was great too. x

sarahh83

looking forward to reading more! fab pictures! we are going that hotel 23-27 december cannot wait xx
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs