Newport Bay Ahoy! Trip report - updated Day 2!!

Started by Mamaboogie, June 21, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamaboogie

Greetings!  :D

I am very excited to be going back to one of my favourite places in August this year!

Am especially excited because I am taking my lovely boyfriend to experience some Disney magic - for the very first time!

We are going to be staying at the Newport Bay Hotel from the 10th August. We are in the middle of deciding restaurants etc.

Did I mention I was excited?  ;D 8) :o ;)

stifle

Sounds great! Hope you've got a lot planned!

Mamaboogie

Thanks! So much planned - I don't think 5 days is going to be enough! :o

Mamaboogie

So - here's the rough plan so far:

Monday 10th August: Flying from Leeds/Bradford early afternoon - hope to get to DLP around teatime. Straight into Disneyland Parc for fun and hopefully an evening meal at Blue Lagoon!

Tuesday 11th August: Early breakfast and EMH in Disneyland Parc. Hope to lunch at Walts today.

Wednesday 12th August: Time to visit Walt Disney Studios! Evening meal possibly at Manhattan Restaurant in Hotel New York.

Thursday 13th August: Bit of park hopping and an evening meal at Newport Bay Hotel restaurant. Depends if Yacht Club has re-opened or not.

Friday 14th August: Last day  :'( EMH at Disneyland followed by lunch at Bistrot Chez Remy before being picked up to go back to the airport.

Counter service meals are going to be wherever we feel like at the time!

This weekend my job is ringing to make my restaurant reservations!  :P

Am so excited I can now say 'I'm going to DLP next month!'  ;D

Mileto

Great plan, Mamaboogie!

I can feel your excitement!  ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Komble

Sounds great!! Let me know what your boyfriend thinks of the experience.

Ringing to make your restaurant reservations is gonna be so exciting...

Next month, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I can't wait to read your trip report if you do one :D

Mamaboogie

Oh I will definitely do a trip report!  :P

I love writing about my trips (especially with lots of food pictures) but I'm always sad to be home!

I didn't want to plan in too much detail - I'd rather we just 'went with the flow' and see how we felt each day.

Mamaboogie

Well - have booked our meals! Most of them anyway! A few disappointments along the way...

Monday 10th: The Blue Lagoon

Tuesday 11th: Walt's for lunch

Wednesday 12th: I wanted to book Manhattan Restaurant but it is closed apparently  :( so I've left this blank for now.

Thursday 13th: I wanted the Yacht Club but that is also closed :-( so making do with Cape Cod

Friday 14th: Lunch at Bistrot Chez Remy before we leave.

The person I spoke to on the phone was not very helpful tbh. She spoke very poor English (better than my French I know!) and kept trying to make another reservation at The Blue Lagoon even though she had just made me one for the Monday evening. She was also trying to heavily plug The Silver Spur for some reason  ???

I think I will just play Wednesday by ear and see how we feel - we might be able to just walk in somewhere. Annette's is an option.

I'm just hoping my bookings are firmly made! I asked her if she wanted my Disney booking ref number and she was very dismissive!

ilovedisneylandparis

Ahh, so exciting! I hope you guys have the best time  :D

Komble

What a shame Manhattan restaurant and Yacht Club is closed! Hopefully you find good replacements :)

Also a shame the lady helping you wasn't too helpful. I hope it all works out!! Could you call up again to confirm?

Mamaboogie

I know! I was sad that both were closed  :'( but I was happy to get Walt's and The Blue Lagoon.

I might ring up again to double check - am paranoid!

DisneyRon

Quote from: Komble on July 05, 2015, 02:59:47 PM
What a shame Manhattan restaurant and Yacht Club is closed! Hopefully you find good replacements :)

Also a shame the lady helping you wasn't too helpful. I hope it all works out!! Could you call up again to confirm?

I've had the same issue last September. The buffet restaurants in both hotels are very popular, and they use the table restaurants as overflow. That this is a good idea does seem to imply that these table restaurants aren't particularly busy most of the time. :(

Mamaboogie

Okay - here we go!

This time tomorrow we will be in DLP!!! Can't wait and I'm looking forward to sharing my experience with you all when I get back (even though I will be a bit sad!)

michaelj1973

Mamaboogie