DLP Experience Enhancement Plan: key details revealed

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2015, 08:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCC1701Q

Apparently the planning for the enhancement of Studio Tram Tours has been changed: it is now planned to close for the first three months of 2017. That's quite a bit shorter than originally planned (eight months). I wonder what this means for the final result?
http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

polar vixen

I'd there an official date for adventure idle to reopen? It says until September but nothing more precise. We're taking mum on the 8th x and one of our favourite things to do is play hide n seek in skull rock

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: NCC1701Q on June 29, 2016, 10:29:01 AM
Apparently the planning for the enhancement of Studio Tram Tours has been changed: it is now planned to close for the first three months of 2017. That's quite a bit shorter than originally planned (eight months). I wonder what this means for the final result?
http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

DisneylandBerry said here: https://twitter.com/DisneylandBerry/status/747716616503328768

That it was cancelled entirely, IMO they're just going to paint a few things and do a few touch-ups, the original plan was to have 3 scenes, Cars, Marvel and Star Wars, IMO we're going to see one at most and honestly I can't even see that happening.

Rocketeer

I see the rocks at the entrance to Discoveryland have been removed. Just an effort to improve egress or are they going to change more in that part of the land?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 30, 2016, 11:26:02 AM
I see the rocks at the entrance to Discoveryland have been removed. Just an effort to improve egress or are they going to change more in that part of the land?

From DisneylandBerry on Twitter: "From now to December 2016, the Discoveryland entrance will be paved and the basins will be entirely refurbished (relamping and new effects)"

As long as they don't temper with the steampunk theming I guess I'll be alright with this decision...

Rocketeer

^Thanks. Given rumours of a Star Wars mini-land (and the march of the Guardians of the Galaxy into EPCOT's Future World), I was concerned that this was the start of something for Disco-land.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 30, 2016, 07:43:38 PM
^Thanks. Given rumours of a Star Wars mini-land (and the march of the Guardians of the Galaxy into EPCOT's Future World), I was concerned that this was the start of something for Disco-land.

just don't think we have the budget for it, for the foreseeable future at least our Star Wars land will be basically that mini land we already have in Discoveryland.

Rocketeer

I see that 'Uncle' Bob, Tom Fitzgerald and Bob Weis were spotting in Frontierland this morning. I know it's too early to get our hopes up, but it's encouraging to see them in the parks again.

ProjectX

Does anyone know of any rumours or news regarding the Phantom Manor update? I hope they do my favourite ride justice! :D