Having doubts......

Started by musicaljojo, June 10, 2015, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little mermaid 240

Unfortunately in 1989, when we got married, EuroDisney hadn't yet been opened, it was still being planned/built. Luckily for us we were able to go in 1992 when it opened for what we thought would have been a once in a lifetime opportunity.

We have since manage several visits with our daughter, the most memorable one was our Silver Wedding Anniversay trip, which was in a low tariff time and we where able to make it to the Disneyland Hotel, with the special offers at the time, and stay at 'the pink hotel' we had promised ourselves.

You can make Disney as romantic and special as you want it to be, but the parks magical atmosphere and the ability to make the most amazing memories that will live with you forever. It will make your Happily Ever After, and what Disney movie does have that?!

A picture with Mickey will make a perfect end to a wedding album!

Congratulations, remember it is your happy memories not anyone else's. :)

Little Mermaid x

Zee79

It is your honeymoon. We go to Disney a lot, our eldest traveller is currently 58 & youngest 4. My Nanna came with us one year aged 70! Ignore the negatives.

Barnsleybigbird

I just wish to echo all the comments made by my fellow forum family. Me and the hubby are going back to DLP in December and I have had the odd person thinking we are strange with us not having children but I just laugh at them.  We are both in our forties and love being in a place where you can be a kid again and forget about everything else that is happening back in the real world. Book it and you will have the most fabulous and memorable honeymoon x
Who wants a twig when you can climb the whole tree 😉

gavinng

My wife and I honeymooned at WDW (along with Universal and a cruise to the Caribbean). We were 32 and 29 at the time. We loved it. Even brought my Dad along. So... Just do what you want.

AlmostThere...

Yes, I guess this is also about what people think is a 'correct' honeymoon, a previous poster mentioned an all inclusive resort as being the norm for example...well we went backpacking around china - just do what you enjoy doing as a couple x
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

essexmum

I went in March with my daughter.  I'm 42 and hugged Micky Mouse, got more excited to meet Goofy then my daughter, high fived Woody and danced with Thumper.   I really didn't care less what people thought of me tbh, it's Disney you're allowed to revert back to childhood.  Go to trip reports and watch my youtube clip (my experience in 4.5 minutes), it will show you the real Disney

A&S&O

Some people "get" Disney Parks and some don't. It's nothing to do with age or any social standing etc.
It's up to the "Yay's" and the "Nay's" to respect each other's opinion.

We go to DLP at least once a year, and people say "Don't you always go there?" Well, yes we do, because we like it.

We also go to Florida most years now. People have asked for advice on what to do there and they say "we only want to spend a couple of days at Disney". We think they're mad, people think we're mad.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Lisaa

I also feel like people only go on Trip Advisor to complain! And please don't let anyone make you feel like you are too old for Disney! Adults are only kids grown up, anyway  ;)

I just got back from an amazing trip. Something that really surprised us on our trip were the amazing castmembers.
We stayed at the Seqoia Lodge because I fell in in love with it on my last trip two years ago. When planning my trip I came across some pretty nasty reviews of SL, but it wasn't anything like those people said. The parks were looking great and although there was some work going on, it really didn't affect the magic because you could just feel that the park is getting better and better.

TinkSassy

I've done romantic trips to WDW (it's close for me) and they were some of our best!  I know the feeling though - I asked for advice on a Paris based site and kept hearing - why are you wasting time at DLP? - I love Disney, they don't get it and there are some that never will but it's my trip! :P

So keep the faith - you will have a great time!

daddyof2

Sorry, I've been away for a week. I agree with everyone else - it's your honeymoon so do what YOU want. Lets be honest, most of us don't plan to have more than one honeymoon so do whatever makes you happy.