Having doubts......

Started by musicaljojo, June 10, 2015, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaljojo

I know it's a bad thing to do....but it all started from the reaction of my dad's partner about a honeymoon in DLP.

She was just basically telling me to grow up and that i'm 28/29 i'm far too old to go to DLP for my honeymoon, so I looked at trip adivsor reviews of DLP and a lot of them were saying really bad things such as the staff were rude,the park was dirty, there is graffiti all over the inside castle and it made me worried that I won't enjoy my trip there especially as it is a special occasion, I know a lot of it, is what you make it...I guess I just need someone to reassure me that it's not bad, as we are spending a lot of money on the trip...

andrewuk

Quote from: musicaljojo on June 10, 2015, 02:44:37 PM
I know it's a bad thing to do....but it all started from the reaction of my dad's partner about a honeymoon in DLP.

She was just basically telling me to grow up and that i'm 28/29 i'm far too old to go to DLP for my honeymoon, so I looked at trip adivsor reviews of DLP and a lot of them were saying really bad things such as the staff were rude,the park was dirty, there is graffiti all over the inside castle and it made me worried that I won't enjoy my trip there especially as it is a special occasion, I know a lot of it, is what you make it...I guess I just need someone to reassure me that it's not bad, as we are spending a lot of money on the trip...

Has she ever been? We were there a couple of weeks ago and all of the CMs were lovely, the castle spotless (I didn't notice any blemishes anyway). How many of those people who think that CMs are rude started the conversation with a polite, 'Bonjour?' Not many I reckon. We honeymooned there and had a great time so I say go for it. Too old at 29? I'm 36 and I was dancing away to Sunny Bunnyland with the CMs on Central plaza two weeks ago and had a blast. If you can't have fun and go to your favourite place for your honeymoon what's the point?

People love to moan, just let them be. They can be happy or not in their own way (just not as happy as you'll be when you walk down Main Street holding your beloved's hand and seeing the castle in front of you). DLP is amazing and you will have a great time!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Mileto

The last thing (AND JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE A GROWN-UP ALREADY) is to listen to you dad's partner!

I am always mad (and after that filling pitty) at such people, because they don't respect other's emotions, feelings, needs. And I mean not understanding them, but ACCEPTING.

Do you know how many times I've heard - you are crazy to go there! And you will go again! And now again! It's stupid and childish!

Well, thank you, people, but this is my life, having my family, my passion, emotions, things that make me happy.
It's all about acceptance and respect for other.
I suppose you haven't asked your dad why did he choose exactly THIS partner, right?

Disney is a magical place! And I can sign under this - people that go there again and again are good people from heart - passionate, caring, loving, making peace, not war. I can almost write a tractat on topic "psychological profile of a permanent visitor"  ;D

I personally stopped sharing my plans for Disney with a big cyrcle of relatives and "friends" because I just don't want to hear there stupid comments.

Go for it! You will NEVER regret it!

And I will be 40 soon, and this travel in winter I wished to be my one and only present. Don't want nothing more!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

norhel

To be honest, don't listen to her. No one is ever to old to go to a Disney theme park. Just here the other day I read about a couple in their 60's who still go to WDW. If you want to go to a Disney theme park, go. I mean it. Go. Don't care about what she is saying. Shes the one that's silly. And you can still be grown up and go to a Disney theme park.  They have rides, entertainment for everyone regardless of age.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

msRavenswood

I agree with all the above posts! Just listen to your heart and you will have the most magical time! Most people are quick to judge when they hear you're going to Disneyland, because they think it's place that only kids can have fun at. They couldn't be more wrong though! To tell you the truth, I don't feel angry when I receive such comments; instead I feel sorry for these people because they will never find out what they're missing!

seraphelle

Firstly, I think a honeymoon there is a fabulous idea!

Secondly, your Dad's partner sounds just like my Dad's partner! And for the record, I didn't listen to her, had a fabulous time, and went again!  Some people just don't get the Disney thing, and that's their choice, I don't judge them on it, and I expect the same back. I'm frequently told I'm 'supporting the fascist regime' by going to Disneyland and aspiring to go to Disneyworld. Well, people that know me well know that there is no possible way I could ever be accused of being fascist, so I figure those people don't know me, and aren't particularly people I want to listen to anyway. If I could go somewhere else and be that blown away by a magical experience, I'd be there instead, but as far as I'm concerned, there's no other place that measures up.

Thirdly, I don't hold much stock with Trip Advisor reviews, its statistically proven that reviews are left moreso by those who have had bad experiences than good, so often results on review sites will be skewed anyway. I'm not an expert, but I've been both high and low season, and only encountered 1 rude CM but dozens and dozens of brilliant ones. The place has always been spotless, and I've never noticed any graffiti. 

Forthly (sp?), I'm 34. don't you sweat it  ;D

Have a fabulous time. Its worth every single penny.  ;D ;D ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DisneyRon

To be honest, I can't think of a more lovely honeymoon than spending it in a fairytale environment like you'd have at a Disney park.

As for your father's partner. Judgemental people will be judgemental.

If you and your partner are both fine with going to DLP for your honeymoon, what right does she have to disagree with the choice you made? You're an adult, you can make up your own mind. ;)

Not everyone understands the magic we feel visiting such a park, and that is fine, but they also should not judge us for it in return.

Do what you and your partner want, you're not obliged to explain anything you do to others. :)
You will most likely not regret coming to DLP, it is a wonderful place. :D

As for my own experiences on that front, I'm 34, single and male. I get judged for what I love, but I don't really care, a solo trip to a Disney park is a wonderful experience in general. :) Luckily my mostly female colleagues are quite fond of Disney too. :)

glenn

First of all,never listen to people on trip adviser ,it seems they only go on there to complain.
Second,I have just booked to go in September and my wife and I are pensioners,so
you are never to old for Disneyland.
I have for as long as I can remember,wanted to go to Disneyland,so building one in Paris was great for me.
I took my wife and kids for the first time in 1994,I as in my 40s my kids were 14 & 24,and they are now taking their own
kids.
So just go and have a great time,Disney holidays are never a waste of money.

AlmostThere...

Please, please don't listen.  It never fails to astound me how much other people think they have a right to give you their opinion on things that have nothing to do with them (especially other peoples' weddings).  We had the same when we got married, more to do with where we got married.  We didn't listen...

Do what you want to do.  A honeymoon at DLP will be amazing.  Where would you stay?
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

solo_beckett

Don't mind her, my first trip was at 36 and I was sceptical that anywhere could be that much fun. You'll always have someone complaining about something. I found the staff very courteous, the hotel and park lovely. I was with my partners family so did not the dining choices they chose but even then they were still not terrible, just not my choice. You'll have a great time.

ilovemainstxxx

Dont listen to her and go with your instinct ...
me and my hubby went one year without the kids for our anniversary , we went to paris for the day and disney the next both were wonderful but enjoyed the day at disney much more as we love it  ;D...we go again this year for our 15 th time and cannot wait ...we are 38 and 39 and our kids are 17 and 11 and they love it too...
have you watched the add not just for kids , show her this !!!https://youtu.be/iFdWcYYhm-k

musicaljojo

Quote from: AlmostThere... on June 10, 2015, 06:18:09 PM
Please, please don't listen.  It never fails to astound me how much other people think they have a right to give you their opinion on things that have nothing to do with them (especially other peoples' weddings).  We had the same when we got married, more to do with where we got married.  We didn't listen...

Do what you want to do.  A honeymoon at DLP will be amazing.  Where would you stay?

Wow..thank you guys...we was thinking of Newport bay, but upgrading to compass club has anyone done that?

Oreo

We are massive Disney World and Disney fans.

We are doing a relatively budgeted wedding and as such cannot stretch to Disney World so we've opted for Disneyland Paris.

We've had the odd comment but it's our honeymoon and not theirs so as long as we're happy that's all that matters.

Just do something that makes you both happy and not everyone else, after all they will be your memories to look back on.

Wedmad

Just do it, I proposed to my wife with the ring in a glass slipper in front of the castle, and then went back for our honeymoon.

I often wonder if some of the reviews on trip adviser have gone to the same place as me, I have never met a rude cast member...... Ever!

We love the parks, magical, i can think of nothing worse than a week in a all inclusive resort, beach, sun, food, beer..... Boring....... But each to there own, I would not tell any one that thinks that's the perfect holiday that they are wrong.

Go, enjoy

Paul & Julia
Ps we are 44 & 35!

HildeKitten

It's your honeymoon, so the only people getting to decide where you will have it are you and your husband to be.
Everyone else is entitled to their opinion (I just think that your stepmother could have voiced it a lot better because from the sound of it she was being rude just because she could) but that doesn't mean you should agree with it.
A proper adult can agree to disagree after all ;)

I'm not going to lie, in all the times I have been I have encountered rude CMs and things that weren't as they should have been and rude people, BUT you will encounter rude people and things like graffiti everywhere (although I can't say I've ever noticed much of it in the parks), so don't let negative experiences from others stop you.
If you think you'll enjoy going and that's what you and your partner both have your hearts set on, go for it.

If you rather go somewhere else, do that, but do it because YOU two want to go somewhere else, not because of other people's negative opinions about DLP.