Cafe Mickey - which meal?!

Started by AmyT14, June 10, 2015, 12:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmyT14

Hi all,

We really want to dine in Cafe Mickey when we go to DLP next week but I'm undecided whether to upgrade for breakfast one day (we're staying at Sequoia Lodge) or to do one of the other meals?

Any thoughts or are they all as good as each other?!

Thanks  :D

msRavenswood

Breakfast tends to be less crowded and you get more interaction with characters because they spend more time with you. But if you go during a busy period I guess it's just a matter of which meal you prefer.

solo_beckett

We went for dinner in August last year and it took about 3 hours to be served very basic food. Personally if it was just for character dining I'd probably opt for breakfast. The kids will probably enjoy it more and it will set you up for the day.

littlebitofpixiedust

Agree with solo becket much prefer breakfast than dinner at cafe mickey, but I know others that love dinner but its so busy

HildeKitten

I've done dinner at Café Mickey only once, back in 2008, and it's not an experience I ever care to repeat.
Even though we had a reservation, we had to wait 45 minutes to be seated, it took FOREVER to receive our food, my friend's food was so badly cooked you could kill someone with the meat, it was that hard.
And even though I specially requested NOT to put herbs on my pizza due to allergies, and the CM taking my order said it was no problem, I got a pizza with herbs included, which I of course couldn't eat. When pointing this out, the CM just shrugged and wandered off. I basically could only eat the fries I had ordered as a side dish.
So yeah frankly, it was a total waste of money.

I'm not saying I'd never do another character meal, I just wouldn't do it at Café Mickey.
It seems to be a 50/50 chance: either it'll be brilliant, or it'll be fail. And I'm not taking my chances again.

AlmostThere...

I have had breakfast there and it was great. I booked a later slot (all that was left as I booked quite son to our trip and it was school half term) but when it came down to it we were hungry and wanted to eat earlier which was no problem on the day.  We saw plenty of characters and the kids loved it!  The food was I would say above average but not amazing, but plenty of choice.  Hope this helps x
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

AmyT14

Ooh thanks everyone, I was keen on the breakfast but my daughter wants to do lunch/dinner.

Thanks again - we go next week so not a school holiday so I am hoping it won't be too busy!