Staying in Paris...

Started by pumpkin7, June 07, 2015, 10:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpkin7

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to plan for our Paris trip in October this year. We're planning on staying off site, closer to Paris as we want to spend 2 days in Disney, and maybe 3 or 4 in Paris itself.
I'm thinking we should get the Eurostar, husband disagrees but I've only ever heard bad things about CDG so I am unsure.
Can anyone first, recommend anywhere to stay in Paris itself, that isn't too far from the local sights ie Eiffel Tower and a trainstation to Disney? And second, how I go about getting a train from Paris to Disney.
I know it seems a bit silly to be getting the Eurostar just to end up staying in Paris, but I'm trying to save as much money as possible!
Thank you in advance.

Mileto

We made it last year.

CDG is perfect, no need to worry at all! From there we took direct bus to the Opera (no stops), there was our hotel (right behind Galeria Lafayet). It's a super position, metro connection to all sights, also walking distance to many places.

Then (when time dor DLP) we took in the morning RER A from the Opera and in 45 minutes we landed at Marne le Valee Disney Station. Then bus to the hotel and off to the parks.

It was super and without any problem! At the end we were full of positive emotions and memories.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

pumpkin7

Thank you for your response.

Did you go through a tour operator for this or did you book it all yourself?

I am a little confused by all the trains and prices for things. I think it runs a little like the London Underground?

Mileto

I arranged it all by myself. It's much cheaper this way.

Hotel in Paris -  booked through booking.com. Never had problem with them. You can see location of the hotel. There are many hotels that accept free cancellation up to some days before arrival. RER A is one line. You can never be wrong. Costs 7.5 eur per person.
Actually when visiting London we never used underground, because it was such fun with the red buses.

And for return Disney -> CDG you can book VEA magic shuttle.

Booking direct at Disney saves you so much. You can use the best offer of any European country.

Ask all you may need as information.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

msRavenswood

When we visited for our honeymoon, we stayed off site too. The first three days we stayed at the Ibis Marne la Vallèe Val d'Europe which is one RER station away from DLP and the last four days we stayed at the Ibis Montmartre and saw Paris.

It's very easy and straightforward to use public transportation. Just like Mileto we booked everything ourselves with no hassle. You can purchase metro and RER tickets online and have them delivered at your home. You can also buy museum tickets this way and you will save lots of time.

andrewuk

We stayed in Paris in 2006, all I would say is find a hotel where you can walk (or at least get quickly) to an RER A station.Then you will be able to get to/from DLP with the minimum of fuss. We stayed at Patio St Antoine and walked to the station at Nation. We booked and travelled with Eurostar, cheap seats to Paris are a lot easier to find than cheap ones to DLP! It was really nice, but there are loads of hotels in Paris so you shouldn't have any trouble
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne