Cheyenne 26.05.15 - 30.05.15 with photos COMPLETE

Started by andrewuk, June 04, 2015, 11:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Day 5 Saturday 30/5/15
We got up and went for breakfast, then we came back to the room to pack up and say goodbye to it. It's strange how quickly you can get attached to a hotel room!

The checkout at Cheyenne is just to put your keycards in a box, so we did that and then dropped our bags off at the luggage room with the Disney Express tags on. No time for EMH after the emotional goodbye to the Cheyenne so we went straight to the WDS. After we got in Janine sent me to run off and get fast passes for ToT and RNRC.  We meet up at the info board and go to do the Monsters Inc. screamers, another first for us before getting an early lunch in at En Coulisse.
We headed up to Backlot as it was getting near to my ride time. The fast pass CMs seemed to be running a little bit late, but I get on no problems. I always love watching the coasters launch, but you can get too addicted to that and I made sure I didn't lose my spot in the queue! This time I did get a picture and I had the Love in an Elevator/Walk This Way soundtracker! What could be better? (I'm back row.)

Little did I know that while I was having so much fun inside, Jack was having an equally great time outside as Push, the talking bin came out! We had shown Jack some clips of Push on youtube, so he knew what was going on and they really got into it. The talked first and then did some dancing together. Push was most impressed with Jack's break-dancing moves! 
I parked Janine and Jack in Place des Stars  and I got on ToT next. Another first time, I got into the left hand library and got into the lift on the upper floor of the central shaft. I'd always had right hand lower up to now. CM was great, although he was speaking French he finished with, 'if anyone wants to pull out: it's too late!' and shut the door! This ride still stuns me every time, absolutely incredible. (I'm top left)

We got to see all three Stars 'n' Cars. Jack managed to get more autographs, so he finished off getting all of the sensational six and managed to meet Remy and Emile too. Mulan came out every time: she was working hard!

The last attraction had to be Cinemagique. Perhaps it was a bit much to do the most emotional attraction at leaving time, but we all loved it and walked through to the Front Lot with tears in our eyes. We had a look around Front Lot, took some pictures and then headed off to the Eurostar and home.

Return journey worked like a dream, but it is worth being at the station in good time.

Conclusion
Wow: what a trip! It is so great to see that Jack loves DLP as much as we do. The highlights were too many to list. The great rides are still as incredible as ever, the park beyond beautiful and the studios continues to improve. We're already starting to put together ideas for our next trip!
As Janine said to Jack as we left (with him in tears): it's not 'goodbye' as much as 'see you later!'
Tips
A few bits of advice that I hadn't come across before going that might be of use:
1.   Take some food with you, it can be useful (and cheaper) and now the bags are x-rayed rather than hand searched no one will quibble if you take a few snacks into the secured area.
2.   Take some foam fold out seat pads so you can sit down comfortably anywhere.
3.   Fantasyland is incredible first thing but can be a different experience in the afternoon with so many people.
4.   If you want to meet Spiderman be ready for a very long and dull wait, but he is terrific.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Mileto

You had really a great trip! So full of emotions, good memories and family love.
Thank you for taking time. We too are having tears in our eyes when we say goodby, till next time.

I like your advise about the seat pad, it may be usefull when we visit in winter.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Disney Matt

Loved reading your report & what fab pictures too  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

TappyFish

Thanks for sharing this with us. Really enjoyed reading your experiences. :)

andrewuk

May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

andrewuk

Quote from: TappyFish on June 10, 2015, 05:32:12 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us. Really enjoyed reading your experiences. :)

You're welcome!  :)
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

andrewuk

May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

andrewuk

Quote from: Mileto on June 10, 2015, 08:59:00 AM
You had really a great trip! So full of emotions, good memories and family love.
Thank you for taking time. We too are having tears in our eyes when we say goodby, till next time.

I like your advise about the seat pad, it may be usefull when we visit in winter.

Thank you, it's been great to be able to share it and re-live it by writing this. Glad you enjoyed it, and the seat pads are great and really light too!
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

BlackPearl

Great report and pictures! Loved to read it.
I think we saw the flash-mob-dancing when passing by the castle that day!

andrewuk

Thanks BlackPearl!

No more Flashmob this year, but I found a video of the last one (the day after we came home), they followed the train down Main St!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uoxKL8RhS5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

BlackPearl

Thanks for posting. Looks like fun  ;D
These are this little somethings, that make Disneyland even more magical  :D