Swing into spring 20-24 may!! HNY

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, June 02, 2015, 12:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

First experience of "Swing into spring" and our first visit ever in may!  ;D

Our party travelling: Myself, my son (6) my friend her daughter (2) and her aunt (newbie!)

DAY 1:
Eurostar direct from ebbsfleet, pleasant journey had breakfast in the train. Although I almost didn't make the holiday (tonsillitis) was quite poorly the day before but had strong painkillers and antibiotics in hand thankfully!

Upon arrival we had a leisurely walk along to HNY we always check in first dump unwanted bits and bobs, let my son have little time out of his wheelchair and of to the parks. We headed to the studios got my sons easy access card and my friends aunt got hers too. And of we go as we arrived we just missed animagique! So took the kids on the cars ride instead then of to ratatouille my sons new fav at the studios!!

My friends aunt being a newbie wanted to try all the rides at least once so they had a quick whizz on crushes coaster whilst I sat with the children and enjoyed the stunning weather. After this we watched playhouse Disney and stitch live kids loved  :)

By now I was feeling utterly drained so suggested we head of for dinner, nobody obliged! So of to planet Hollywood, food was tremendous I just had a starter as my tummy was still weak but still delicious. Needless to say all the plates where cleared   :D the photographer came round and took a group photo and I decided to get my son the keying wich he was very pleased with (he collects them) after dinner I felt bit better after resting so of to discoveryland for a go on autopia and buzz. Few rides in fantasyland and time for bed! It was pleasantly quiet and despite having a busy day my son was up half the night...

DAY 2:
All feeling a little worse for wear as my little pickle woke everyone although we did have some late night giggles!
Got up slightly later but still down for breakfast by 8.30 the manhattan is so much nicer then parkside diner  ;D
Food was lovely mixture of hot/cold items finished just after 9 and headed to the disneyland park.

My friends daughter hadn't stopped going on about Dumbo so we started there to keep the little princess happy, my son loves it too! We done every ride in fantasyland apart from Peter pan (technical issues plus my son isn't allowed) sand the carousel was down for maintenance.
My friends daughter was desperate to have a wander in Alice's curious labyrinth so we all did she absoloutly loved the Cheshire cat and was looking out for him the rest of the trip!

My sons favourite ride in fantasyland is Casey junior and here's a tip, if you get to this area for 10am Casey/storybook ride are walk-ons there's no ques at all so we had 2 goes round on each!

After this discoveryland again, autopia, buzz and orbitrion.... (never again!) I forgot how scary orbitrion is I felt like I was going to fall out the side and I was actually scared my son would too. When we got on my friend said her daughter was shouting "I'm falling!" lol. We didn't do this one again on this trip.
I was feeling brave so took my little fella on Star tours for the very FIRST time and he's been to DLP around 15+ times and I've never tried him. He loved it he loved the que line the ride itself the whole experience he wasn't scared at all! I couldn't wait to call my family back at home and tell them  :) so I did just that when we got of.

My friend and aunt now had a go of BTM wich turned into being the newbies favourite ride of all well crush too! After we had a go on the phantom mansion great ride as always but the little one being only 2 didn't like it at all bless her.

Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me next! Took both kids on they loved it first time round, second time round erm not so much!? Then me and nat had a quick go of Indiana jones wich was brilliant she didn't even realise it had a loop until we had gone through it!

After an action lacked day it was time to head of for some mc Ds it was boiling hot, unbearable so we ended up going back to the hotel raiding the ice room filling the bucket and having cold drinks and replaxing we needed an early night and that we did. And my pickle he slept beautifully.

DAY 3:
Up bright and early, seated in the manhattan again same table wich was lovely. Made it into the main park by 8.30 and covered all rides open in EMH and took some photos. Today we wanted to watch the welcome to spring show wich we did get a good spot for just had to wait around half an hour, Unfortunatly my phone hadnt been working and so couldn't take ANY photos/videos it was devastating! But my friend had a cam-corder and camera so we both took pics and visas between us. Although short I loved,loved,loved the show with Mary poppins and Bert!! My son fell asleep but woke up just intime thankfully and there we was singing along and dancing it was happiness behind words.
" let's go fly a kite!" such a happy song, fantastic dancers and a gorgeous hot day couldn't ask for more.

After this we decided to go to the studios as we had a lot we hadn't done made it bang on time for animagique wich was great! I'm going to miss this so much when it's gone....  :( another go on ratatouille, cars ride I had a go of crush! Then toy story playland for RC racer my friends aunt was terrified but the CM was really good and asked her where she'd prefer to sit and of course her answer was "middle!" she loved it and was pleased she done it once of. She then wanted to do the parachute stop but as we qued with her pass the CM said "forbidden" and pointed at the icon ticked (mental issues or something like that) I guess it's health and safety she was fine about it. And we rode slinky instead with the kids.

Now for the studio tram tour wich our newbie thought was brill! She was amazed my the effects. Although I wonder why the earthquake effects don't work? They didnt on my last trip either. Let me know if you know!?

Now for TOT nats most anticipated ride, she so wanted to do it. But I don't think she liked it she was shouting quite loudly "whens it going to stop" over and over finally it did and she said not again, but she was pleased she can go home and say she done it. Now the 2 girls had a go on rock n roller coaster they both came of buzzing! I enjoyed the sunshine in the meantime and gave the children snacks and soaking up the atmosphere and sunshine of course!

Time now for our reservation at king Ludwig 3.30 so of we went, delicious food great staff and quiet! After a good meal and rest we decided back into the main park for a few re-rides with the littlens. Sonny loved star tours again especially. Then we decided to call it a night and back to the hotel we went.

DAY 4:

Today must of been busier as the conference rooms were opend up I wasn't keen it was an unusaly blue neon lighting that wasn't appreciated that time in the morning but hey-ho breakfast done and of we went. We had some fun this morning trying to use a selfie stick that didn't work! Met Donald and had photo with him and of to fantasyland again!

3 rides in cash junior at 10am the kids were thrilled  :) by 10.30 the crowds were noticeably more and my little man was quite distressed so we took it easy again was so, so hot we decided to have a relaxing ride on Molly brown and phantom mansion and head of for our reservation at inventions for 2pm. This usually would be the highlight of my trip dinner with the characters, great atmosphere. Today was not the same as previous times. It seemed our waitress was rushing us we had 2 fussy children and she took they're food on more than one occasion without asking if they where finished. I noticed the mickey mouse potatoe shaped were replaced with hash browns....  ::)
My son ate one piece of chicken and sat there. We did see 3 characters Pluto, daisy, And mickey. They all were great with the children so no complaints there but mickey was in a hurry to move on. It we hadn't even had a photo with him and the children as of yet because there where 3 children pulling at his arms trying to jump on him as he was trying to be with our 2. I understand children are exited but we make ours wait their turn and when the character comes then you take the photo, mickey was looking round for a CM I thnk to help him as we god mickey the children wasn't with us. Fianlly I decided to go find some one to help poor mickey out!

After all this our waitress presented us with the bill wich they charged for my son who ate one nugget he literally had no food Infront of him he pushed it all away so I told her he wouldn't eat as all the kids bits he used to have were no longer there. She took his price of thankfully, I don't think I'll return I'd rather wait for the characters in the park at EMH in the future. It was hectic the food in my opinion isn't what it was and if the lovely family on here that I met reads my trip report I'm sure they agreed it wasn't great. Maybe an of day who knows?

We decided to go back have baths let the kids nap get them a happy meal as they ate nothing and head back into the park for the evening and to watch dreams as it was the last night and we hadn't watched it yet! Lovely night, but I was disgusted with the amount of litter afterwards. I really was. However all the CMs full of smiles and enjoying themselves. They had they're mickey hands on waving us out the park and have my son a high five as he was a grump  :)

DAY 5: Last day!!!

Always a little sad on our last day, we had been very organised and more a less packed the day before thankfully. So headed to the studios as still wanted To re-ride a few bits and Watch cinemagique and art of animation my son loves this I've lost count how many times we've watched it over the years!?

We had lunch booked for bistrot chez remy for 12, beautifully themed I couldn't wait! There was a bit of a wait once inside but lovely couch to take the weight of your feet and had a natter to the family I refereed to earlier  :) It didn't click I recognised them until we were actually of the Eurostar at ebbsfleet station later than day! I'd seen trip reports and photos on here! Anyway the salad wasnt for me, I eat salad but it had an unusual dressing and none of us ate. The steak was good however and the setting lovely but the children once again refused to eat anything!

After this it was now so busy you couldn't move, way to hot and we all couldn't wait to get on the Eurostar!

Fantastic trip, but would I go again over a bank holiday weekend in may? Nope. I'd definately go before or after. I'd never seen the que line for art of animation jam packed before, ratatouille was a 2 hour que. RC 85 min and slinky 45min. It didn't help that crush was down and ratatouille earlier that day I suppose.

Anyway that's for reading, I apologise for no photos I only had Donald/woody in frames and no scanner to put them on. Swing into spring overall was amazing, decoration was superb the songs catchy. Goofys garden party also fabulous! May is a great time to go minus the bank hol Sunday  :) strangely the Saturday was fine!

BlackPearl

Thanks for your great report.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, despite feeling ill on your first day.