CV and Headshot for Character auditions

Started by sjsmith1992, May 27, 2015, 09:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjsmith1992

Hey guys,

So I am going to the character auditions in Budapest in a few weeks and I have only ever done one audition before this but it was a private audition for cast members which I was last summer. Does anyone know if firstly the audition is in English? Also, it says to bring a CV but I am not sure how to format a CV for a character audition? Could anyone help me?

DisneyDancer92

Hello :D
First of all: Good luck! I'm starting there as a parade/character performer in the near future and the audition is alot of fun and alot less stressfull than you imagine. Just keep smiling and imagine you're int the park performing that's my best advice :D

Yes the audition will be in English.

I went to a proffesional musical theatre school so I just took my normal CV. So if you're a performer just take your normal CV :)! if you don't have one google CVs for auditions and that should give you a basic idea.
But basically it should include:

Name, Phone number, email
Profile: height, languages, possibly playing age (kinda irrelevant here), some girls put dress size
Training: say you did a course somewhere be it fulltime or parttime or just for the summer. Dance, theatre, acting
Experience: any form of performing experience you have be it professional or amateur.
Skills: Dance styles you can do, singing, improv skills, gymnastics, etc maybe youre really good at rollerblading.

CVs are less important at the actual audition but it could make a difference if you get put in the talent pool. So it's def worthwhile putting some effort into it looking good and attractive :)!

Hope that helped!

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"