times the rides close

Started by dementedde, May 16, 2015, 09:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dementedde

I've been following the Disneyland app the last couple of days for my trip next week. I'm trying to get an understanding of the queue times so I can plan ahead. I've noticed about 9 that some of the rides close. Can you guys send me a link or tell me what rides close early for both theme parks?

NCC1701Q

Hi therel,

In general  the attractions in FantayLand close earlier due to prepararions for Disney Dreams!. I guess that comes down to about 9 attractions.

stifle

There is no official list, but as mentioned above Fantasyland closes a bit earlier. In general the rides in Disneyland Park start closing up to 30-45 minutes before the park published closing time. Certain rides such as Casey Jr.: Le Petit Train du Cirque, Le Pays des Contes des Fées, and the (now defunct) River Rogue Keelboats tend to shut down around dusk. In Parc Walt Disney Studios they tend to run up until just a little before closing time but when the wait time gets longer than the time until closing, the CMs may stop letting people join the queue.

dementedde

Ah ok, any idea if Autopia closes early?

stifle

Quote from: dementedde on May 17, 2015, 07:13:16 PM
Ah ok, any idea if Autopia closes early?
Not one I've paid attention to, sorry.

twentythingamabobs

We have went on Autopia with minutes to spare from closing time so I think that one would be fine :)

dementedde

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on May 18, 2015, 09:58:38 AM
We have went on Autopia with minutes to spare from closing time so I think that one would be fine :)

Thanks. It's a really busy ride. It isn't one I think is a priority to go on but one I would like to do at the end of the day after the queues go down

twentythingamabobs

It is a cute ride, and fairly long. It's even better in the dark so closing time is a great time to go.

cazspence

I almost ended up with whiplash after the idiots behind me kept crashing into me. It was my husband and 4 year old son thinking it was hilarious. And the fact that I couldn't steer it as I'd hurt my wrist earlier. Didn't make for a fun ride. Next time I'm going on the car behind them. Lol

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: cazspence on May 19, 2015, 12:33:40 PM
I almost ended up with whiplash after the idiots behind me kept crashing into me. It was my husband and 4 year old son thinking it was hilarious. And the fact that I couldn't steer it as I'd hurt my wrist earlier. Didn't make for a fun ride. Next time I'm going on the car behind them. Lol

Haha, poor Caz, it is not a comfy ride if you can't steer!! We broke down right on the hill before the end of the ride last time and caused a huge traffic jam, I was mortified.