odd, random, rare and peculiar merchandise

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, April 10, 2007, 07:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

i thought it would be really good to start a topic about weird merchandise from disneyland or disney. Like the other day i found a tea spoon we took from disney 10 years ago, and a mark twain sharpner which i have no idea were it came from. Do people take anything they can from disneyland like spoons and napkins etc

tubbsy

I've just got the soap, shampoo from the bathroom

Oh and a packet of biscuits I had in a tea pack I got from reception!!
They've got Mickey mouse on them and they are out of date!! :oops:  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

fly_with_me_dumbo

well that wouldnt be good with a cup o' tea. we had the soap but gave it as a gift saying we'd bought it :D  i have found a carry bag from 1997 with the 5th anniversariy celebration on. Any body got an older carry bag!

ailsa

I have a light up rose from disney when I was about 6! That's probably it!

Angela

I always collect loads of stuff like napkins and maps etc because I like to put them in to my scrapbook...
I have bought a real beautiful glass there once with Winnie the Pooh character as feet and my name on the glass itself (its a wineglass)

Samninetysix

Oh sorry, wrong post, when I saw odd, random, rare and peculiar I just assumed it was a thread about me :D

tubbsy

I did think that too when I saw it, I meant about me, not you samninetysix!

Random, odd and peculiar? Thats me and my next door neighbour stood in the back garden last night singing Zippedy Doo Da to our daughters 12 and 9. To say they werent impressed was the understatemet of the year! :lol:

Back on topic. I have paper cups in my kitchen cupboard with mickey all over them. They are from the tea pack too! I went out and got mugs from the gift shop just so that I could keep them! So I've got paper cups and new coffee mugs too! :lol:

Why do people think I'm eccentric? :P

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Masamune

;) :lol: All my Cheshire Cat merchandise is odd.

:P Just because it's Cheshire Cat.

Anonymous

Probably the oddest thing I have is a Darth Mickey plush from the WDW Star Wars weekends, which I won on Ebay. There's just something weird about Mickey Mouse dressed as Darth Vader.

My different plushes of Disney characters dressed in different outfits are probably the weirdest things.

I've got:-

Astronaut Donald from Discoveryland
Astronaut Minnie from Discoveryland
Aerosmith Goofy from WDS
Pirate Mickey
Pirate Pluto (really cool)
Jedi Mickey (from WDW)
Darth Mickey (from WDW)
Indiana Mickey (from WDW)

And I'm just waiting for Minnie as Belle, and Minnie as Ariel from WDW.

All my WDW plushes are won off Ebay. I've never been to any of the American parks.

fly_with_me_dumbo

the scrap book for maps and that sounds great, i think im  going to do one! :D

lostinwonderland

I've got loads of plastic teaspoons, with characters on the end... We nicked a few them from the breakfasts each morning (5/6 years ago), and collected every character... All unopened... Haha!!

xx

Dlrpfan

hmm the strangest and rarest thing i have is a light bulb from the original msep at DLC i also have a button from mickey mouses costume that fell off but i also have a rather large collection of disney park guides/maps too plus many other things
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

laurs_disney_love

Mickey mouses button i have to say that is the strangest thing i have ever heard taken from disney well done lol

i just have the usual all the free soap and some tea bags
Star light star bright first star i see tonight i wish i may i wish i might have the wish i wish tonight.

speedpacket

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"well that wouldnt be good with a cup o' tea. we had the soap but gave it as a gift saying we'd bought it :D  i have found a carry bag from 1997 with the 5th anniversariy celebration on. Any body got an older carry bag!
We actually have our Easter decorations stored in the 5th anniversary bags!!!  I just noticed it when we got them from the attic somewhere in March :)  So I'm happy to tell you I'm joining your club ;)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "laurs_disney_love"Mickey mouses button i have to say that is the strangest thing i have ever heard taken from disney well done lol

i just have the usual all the free soap and some tea bags

LOL! well i didnt take it it fell off onto the floor and thats the honnest truth :)
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012