Inventions help!

Started by tashadec, May 09, 2015, 10:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tashadec

A big hello, this is my first post!!!

I have just booked a 4 night trip to Disneyland in January for my daughters 1st birthday....so excited! Ive already been trawling the forums and looking for hints and tips and stumbled across Inventions. We were all set for character dining at Cafe Mickey but Inventions looks right up our street as my husband and I love our food and my little boy is so fussy the set menu at cafe mickey would have been a waste for him. Can anyone advise me on the following:

1. We wanted to do the Sunday brunch but with our flight home on the Sunday evening we would prefer to make the most of our last day at Disney and eat on the go instead. Are the evening meals/character experiences as good as the sunday brunch?

2. I can't seem to find any up to date pricing. I know its expensive so we want to work out a budget and start saving so we can do everything we want. Does anyone know how much the evening meal is at Inventions?

3. Is there a children's section of the buffet? If so can you find chicken nuggets etc there? I know its bad parenting but my son has become a real picky eater and when all else fails I can always relax if I know a chicken nugget is available as a last resort!

4. What is the character experience like? Do the characters approach the tables? We've been to WDW, DisneyLand Paris and on a Disney Cruise but never enjoyed a character dining experience so just want to make sure its worth it for my 5 year old who would be really disappointed if the characters didn't take any notice of him.

5. As its my daughters first birthday on the first day we are there we are thinking of paying extra to order a cake at Inventions. I'm assuming this is possible as its been mentioned on other forums. Does anyone know how much this would cost and is it served by one of the characters or just a general waiter?

Thanks in advance, Im going to be bombarding the forum with questions over the next few months. I'm a stickler for a plan and want to make the most of the 4 days we have as unlikely to be returning for a few years!

DisneyRon

1) The evening character meals are not themed like the brunches are, however it's still a character meal and the food is generally quite nice. Inventions is generally an excellent meal.

2) Adult with 1 Drink ... €59.50

Child ... €29.50 (3 to 11 years inclusive) with Vittel (33 cl) or Minute Maid orange or apple (15 cl) or Milk (20 cl)

These prices are from July last year, at worst, add 10-20% to create a safety buffer, but it's probably fairly accurate.

3) Last time I was there (September 2014) there was a "Children's Section" of sorts with chicken nuggets and other kid friendly foods. So no worries there.

4) Characters will approach each table and interact with those at the table, and have pictures taken, sign autographs, that sort of thing. :) Only Face Characters will speak though, those in full costumes do not, and generally the characters at Inventions will be in full costume. There is generally a lot of gesturing involved though. ;)

5) It's certainly possible (make a reservation for the day of your choice and add it in there), the cost listed at DLPGuide is €26 (add 10% as a safe margin, but it shouldn't have changed too much). As for serving, I remember a few cakes being brought out during my September 2014 visit, but didn't see if a character brought them or not, I do know they got the whole restaurant to sing Happy Birthday. ;)

Feel free to ask more questions, I'm sure we'll all do our best to answer them. :)

DisneyDuckLover

The brunch is more expensive than the regular character lunch or evening meal...
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!

seraphelle

I've not been to the brunches, but it is my understanding that they're themed, and depending on the theme determines which characters are present throughout. I have however eaten in Inventions several times and also have fussy eaters, and they've never not been happy with the food, its quite a wide selection (I'm pretty sure there were nuggets of some description) and the potato mickey heads always do well on our table  :D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

twentythingamabobs

I've been to the Christmas brunch and the only thing different was a glass of Champagne and the characters had their Christmas clothes on :) Food was exactly the same high standard as usual. The chicken nuggets are lovely, I don't know how they make them but they are special! You never feel rushed with the characters, they spend as much time as possible with each table. One of the chipmunks even sat down at our table and pretended to eat my little brother's food :) Can't recommend it enough!