What do you watch to prepare for disney

Started by polar vixen, April 22, 2015, 11:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

SO we've started way early but in preparation for our Disney hol, we have a sunday night with a party picnic tea and a Disney movie.  Toy story films, tangled, frozen, Davy Crockett, and the tigger movie are all on the watch list,  Also we have I think its the island on top of the world, which my son pointed out has the big flying thing that's on the front of the burger place near buzz (the airship on the front of hyperion in other words), so really excited about that one.  Also did anyone realise that the old movie 'the gnomemobile' is set in a sequoia forest? -links great if you're staying at sequoia lodge!
What do you watch to get you in the mood for Disney?

gavinng

My boys are real young (ony 18 months) so they favour shows with lots of music right now. They're favourites are Frozen and Mulan (I think they like princesses). So we watch Frozen, Mulan and Lion King a lot.

Zee79

We watch the Disney movies we have at home or we youtube clips about the park. when my girls were a little younger (too old at 12 now the eldest haha) they used to put the Disney songs on and do a little show for us- I miss that now  :( I'm just glad she still likes to go.

grovesie

We do different things each trip. We either watch a movie, view clips or just look at previous trip photos.

Mrsya

We watch DLP fan adventures on YouTube every Tuesday night after tea.

We also watch the classic and Pixar movies at weekends and as we get closer we have disney teas like cowboy stew whilst listening to frontierland music on the iPod!  ;D

DLPWonders (Banned)

What I watch are Disneyland Paris vlogs on Youtube, old parades and shows, the current parade and my photos from previous visits.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

AlmostThere...

We stated on Davy crockett ranch so watched davy crockett.... And ratatouille so we understood the ride! Hasn't watched either before x
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

Uragano Tati

I usually make a list of about 10 movies to watch before every trip. I try to change the list every time.
For our next trip we have already watched The Haunted Mansion, Big Hero 6, Alice in Wonderland, Brave, Monsters Inc. And I am going to watch Up, Wall-E, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins and maybe some more.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

mdw

We don't go til the end of August..... But have bought my daughters bags that are perfect size to carry their autograph books. We have done an airport visit, watched big hero 6, sword stone, frozen, Lilo and stitch and toy story 3! We have a huge pile to get through and are very excited.

seraphelle

We watch so many its hard to list them all, but definites are Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Tangled (all our favourites).

Hubby has said we need to throw Star Wars in there now, too  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

SwipatronSparks

last time i went to disney i worked out how many sleeps i would need to watch all the disney movies i owned in reverse order so i began with the newest and finished the night before we went to disney with snow white made for lots of fun to count down those last days with a disney movie every night and knowing it was getting so close as i worked my way along my shelf watching them all =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....