advice on where to eat

Started by Siobhan82, April 13, 2015, 09:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siobhan82

we go to dlp on Monday for the first time we are standard half board looking for advice on where to eat the kids like the usual kid stuff pizza, chicken nuggets chips pasta.

any tips would be great

thanks

Queen Elsa

We went with the plus dining plan so tried to eat at the restaraunts where we would get good value for our money. I think the standard are worth a little less but I would highly recommend Annette's Diner. It's typical American diner food and absolutely delicious, plus you get loads of food. Also Cafe Mickey! It's a bit more expensive so I think you would have to pay a little extra on top of the vouchers but it's definitely worth it for the characters. Our kids loved meeting Micket, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, Tigger, piglet, Eeyore and Goofy. I have to admit that my husband and I loved it too xxx

Siobhan82

thanks queen elsa  think we will have to give café mickey a miss as my little girl has special needs and would freak she likes the characters from a distance not too close

daddyof2

Depending on your budget, the quick service restaurants all serve fast food for the kids. The buffet restaurants also cater for that kind of food.
Everyone has their favourites, but I can recommend Colonel Hathis and Hakuna Matata (both in Adventureland). A lot of people like Plaza Gardens, and The Rainforest Cafe is usually a hit with children
Café Hyperion (Discoveryland) is the only one closed whilst you're there I think, but similar food is available at Cowboy Cookout BBQ (Frontierland) and Restaurant En Coulisse (Studios)

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/

Mileto

You could book for example a table in Plaza Gardens (all you can eat buffet) for a longer dinner - at 18-19 o'clock. It is a great rest after all day walking. And for lunch - as you like - Taud Haul, Hakuna Matata, Colonel Hathi, but choose to go early - 12 - 12,30. After that there are big queues.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

AlmostThere...

Hi we only did lunch one day (did pack ups on others) and went to cowboy cookout which was tasty and not that busy (I think because it's a bit tucked away). For dinner we dud silver spur (nice but not worth the money) and plaza gardens (lively food, great atmosphere and setting, great for kids as you get a big choice), I booked for just after the parade.

We also had 'dinner' at the fast food place in fantasyland (can't remember the name) which was pretty good too.

First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

stifle

As you have standard half board you can use any counter service restaurant or all you can eat buffet in the parks, plus The Grange at Billy Bob's in Disney Village or La Cantina or the Chuck Wagon Café in the Hotels Santa Fé and Cheyenne respectively.

If you're looking for pizza, chicken, chips, pasta and the like you are unlikely to go hungry. Buzz's Pizza Planet in Discoveryland is all you can eat pizza pasta and salad plus unlimited soft drinks. Your vouchers will cover that. It has been reported as boring and lacking variety, but I can't say I've ever found cause to complain.

The other good buffet option I'd suggest would be the Restaurant des Stars in Parc Walt Disney Studios. This has a very substantial choice of international food – and yes there's usually chips.

Cowboy Cookout in Frontierland, Café Hyperion in Discoveryland (if it's open when you visit; I think it's being refurbished just now), Pizzeria Bella Notte in Fantasyland, and Café des Cascadeurs in the Studios (another one that seems to be closed more often than not) are all great options too.

Have a think before you get there of how you might plan your day in food terms. If you're going to be up at the crack of dawn for Extra Magic Hours you may find yourselves eating a light breakfast and being hungry around 12. Then you pick up a sandwich or a portion of chips to keep going before having dinner later on using your voucher in a buffet. An alternative is if you're less fussed about EMH is to have a decent sized breakfast, hit a buffet around 2 or 3, and get a coffee and doughnut around 6.

Siobhan82

QueenLisa

Would be interested to know how you get on - do let us know.  ;)

Siobhan82

Hi that's us back and we all managed to eat no probs (and am quite fussy) we only ate in two places our hotel restaurant Cheyenne and plaza gardens two night in each and can say it was good each time nothing amazing but enough to fill u up before u start again.