Phantom Manor closed indefinitely

Started by stifle, April 04, 2016, 01:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

After the death of a cast member, believed to be by electrocution, Phantom Manor has been closed since Saturday pending a full investigation and safety check. Thoughts and prayers to his family :(

littlebitofpixiedust

I just heard this, this makes me so, so sad! I love all the CMs thoughts with his family and friends at this sad time.

15stitch

How tragic.  My thoughts go out to his colleague, friends and family.
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

Zee79

OMG! How sad. RIP thoughts with their family & friends

Reports are saying closed until Wednesday at the moment. I might be labeled at not having a sense of humour but i don't like some of the comments being posted on the news sites, how insensitive can people be at the moment, you can guess what some will be due to the type of ride it is.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Zee79 on April 04, 2016, 01:30:03 PM
OMG! How sad. RIP thoughts with their family & friends

Reports are saying closed until Wednesday at the moment. I might be labeled at not having a sense of humour but i don't like some of the comments being posted on the news sites, how insensitive can people be at the moment, you can guess what some will be due to the type of ride it is.

I did assume there would be vulgar comments regarding this.. I don't think you have no sense of humour I think when a man dies suddenly like this it's not funny. He had children and was just at work like most people trying to earn a living, I won't find any jokes funny it to sad to make jokes. It was equally sad when some time ago another member of staff lost their life on small world :( I was in DLP at the time the ride was closed due to that incident. Incredibly sad and you can only imagine what his colleges and family are going through right now, so unfair.

Karen101

rip the poor man, thoughts are with his family at this time...

seraphelle

Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DisneyGagaChick

Aw, how sad. I wonder which colleague it is!
Thoughts are with his friends and family.  :'(

MickeyAteMyCap

Must be awful for friends and family. Thoughts go to them. I hope there weren't any kids on the ride when he was electrocuted because it would be quite traumatic for them too.

tigger1974

This is terrible news - what a total shock & tragedy  :'(
Sincerest sympathy to his family, friends and colleagues.
This is the first I've heard of this but I thought there must be something occurring at the Manor as the official DLP app has been saying the attraction is "temporarily interrupted" since Saturday.
I am sure DLP will conduct a thorough investigation and the Manor should remain closed whilst this is done.
I also feel for any guests, young or old, who may have been caught up in the aftermath and hope they are not too traumatised by the experience.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Zee79

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on April 06, 2016, 05:56:23 PM
Must be awful for friends and family. Thoughts go to them. I hope there weren't any kids on the ride when he was electrocuted because it would be quite traumatic for them too.

Reports are saying it happened before it was open to visitors fortunately for them but unfortunately it happened at all.

seraphelle

Has the investigation concluded now?  Have they found what happened? Is the ride open again?  Xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Karen101

I haven't heard if the investigation has concluded but the ride is still closed, with no re open date at the moment.

Mtlchuck

Sad sad news.

I was there this past sunday and I was surprised to see Phantom Manor closed, as the news outlets stated it would close for a couple of days.

Regretably this made the park very congested, with Phantom Manor adding to Star Tours, BTMRR, all of Adventure Island and Swiss Family Treehouse, and Peter Pan being closed.

Anyhow, I guess they are probably conducting strict safety checks, as that accident shoudnt have happened in a safe work environment.

CitrusZing

It has reopened, we went on it this afternoon.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).