What would you change and improve at the Hotels ?

Started by Magicpartytime, April 01, 2015, 07:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about the Hotelmap Flyer ?

good
3 (75%)
not good it´s  little Informations
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Magicpartytime

What would you change and improve at the Hotels ?

daddyof2

I don't understand your poll question, but I would bring the character meets back

HildeKitten

I'd definitely bring back the characters also.

As for the hotel flyer, I've not seen the recent ones, so I'm not going to answer the poll.
The ones from the past were always quite useful though I thought.

moonloo

I dont think I have seen a hotel flyer so I wont answer your poll, but I disagree, I like that the characters are in the park for EMH now, it feels more special... my only gripe would be that it would be super fun to make these charaters the more rare ones to treat those who have spent extra £ on Disney hotels and extra effort to get to the park at 8!

I dont think I would change a thing in all honesty!

Mileto

Characters back to the hotel - definitely. There is such a crowd always in the park, in each location, all this waiting and pushing. Let there be something special for the guests of the hotels - I believe it costs not so much, but the result and experience at the end are great.

I can say - almost all of our photos with characters are from the hotels.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Disney Matt

Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Lucyloo

Just returned from Sequoia Lodge.  Characters again for me I'm afraid!

More specifically though for the hotel:

Better kids area - it's not even worth mentioning as it is.  Some kind of soft play for little ones & games room for olders?
Mini grocery shop or take away - not just souveniers.  Be nice for a small dinner back in your room instead of having to go out all the time and the hotel restaurants were too expensive to eat in all the time.
Definitely more tv channels - I know we didn't watch much but would be nice to see an hour of something after the kids have gone to sleep, not just the news on repeat.
Better decorations.  We had 1 picture of Bambi and that was it as far as Disney stuff goes.  It didn't really feel like we were on a Disney holiday.
family rooms would be nice. Double and 2 singles or bunks.

~sarahjayne~

It has to be characters back in the hotels for us too.

The disneyland hotel rooms need freshening up, faded wallpaper and furniture isn't really good enough for the amount of money it costs to stay there.

stecal

For me it would be more choice of where to stay that has the option of bunk beds in the room as my kids are at the age where they won't share a double bed anymore, i would of liked to of stayed at the Sequoia lodge in february but i think they only have 2 double beds in the rooms? Also agree on more tv channels as when my kids had gone to sleep i was bored as i don't sleep until late.

stifle

More rooms with more than two beds, and wifi throughout all hotels.

Rapunzel1

Characters and more rooms for a family of six. Or a easier way to book two connecting rooms.

Characters is a big thing. We have shy children so they have no chance in the parcs to meet a character. This year we booked davy crockett. Cheaper and since there are no characters we might just as well bring our own breakfast.

And i also would like better disney channels with continuous Disney movies. The current channel with the girl telling the 10 best things to visit gets very annoyimg after watching is 40 times.

essexmum

Characters in the hotels definitely.   It just seemed weird not to see any when staying in a supposed Dianey hotel.  Room service, it would have been so nice to have breakfast in bed one morning, or be able to order food in the evening.  Although a kettle was provided in the room, how about some hot chocolate sachets so that the kids can have a hot drink, especially after a long cold day in the parks rather than paying through the nose in the bar. 

Better Wifi, although it was OK in our room, it was often slow and clunky.  Plus Disney films on a loop on the TV.  I wanted to do some serious damage to that overly annoying girl on the 10 best things, OMG her voice  >:(

One last thing, better ventilation.  We had one window which could open and then it could only be open a tiny bit.

Mrsya

I'd like to see breakfast included for Davy Crockett guests too.

Zee79

I agree with both characters back at the hotels & larger rooms to accommodate larger families. Also a little more organisation around characters when wanting a pic.

bad-pink-tink

wow, I seem to be in the minority here about the character breakfasts.

The hotels are open to the general public, ie locals and general public can access them without paying for a park ticket.

I deeply resented the fact that I had paid for a park ticket, yet anyone could walk into the hotels and meet the characters. Meeting the characters is a main part of the Disney experience, but when they were at the hotel breakfasts it was like a big 2 fingers to the those of us who paid for park tickets. I'm sure the locals thought it was a great thing, oh lets go to the hotels during breakfast time and meet the characters for free, any day we want to!!

Now though, with the characters moved to the park during EMH , its back to being what it was originally meant to be, an exclusive for hotel guests who make the effort to be in the park for EMH.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016