Trip report 23/03/2015 - 27/03/2015 *DAY TWO*

Started by stormflm595, March 28, 2015, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneynutter

Sad to hear about this :( you don't need people in your life like that, on the plus side you were in a magical place to cheer you up, look forward to reading the rest of your report :)
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Disney hotel 2017 can't wait ;)

gemma2806

Great first day but I'm really shocked by what happened to you and I hope that you are doing ok. It must be awful but you should never let people make you lose your confidence. It's good you've got your holiday to Florida to look forward to with your boyfriend. I'm positive however that this will be her loss and not yours x

twentythingamabobs

Ahh that sounds absolutely terrible! Feel so sorry for you Stormflm she sounds like a right weirdo!  You've always seemed like such a lovely lass from all your posts you don't deserve to be treated that way! I'm actually shocked! I'm so happy it didn't spoil your time in the Park though, can't wait to read the rest of your report  :) xx

HildeKitten

Glad to hear the bad experience with this sorry excuse for a human being didn't ruin your love for Disney!
And that you managed to have fun on your own also.
Its such a horrid thing she did, and I hope you never have to go through something ever again!

moonloo

Awwwww, that is really upsetting and as everyone else is saying she obviously doesnt deserve to have a friend in you...
Im looking forward to reading the rest of the report and Im stoked you got to meet Rapunzel!!!!
I will write my report at some point... you have shamed me into it!!!!
Chin up. x

stormflm595

Thank you all for your lovely replies! Onto day two!

Day Two

Up bright and early ready for the 7am breakfast slot! Luckily I decided to wash my hair before the trip so I wouldn't have to worry about it throughout most of the week. It only took me about half an hour to get completely ready with bag packed for the day. Got to breakfast at around 7:10am and we were seated straightaway with no queue. Filled up on cereal and yogurt as sweet things like croissants in the morning always make me feel slightly queasy for a while! I left for the park at around 7:45am. I was hoping to get some new Minnie ears before entering the park (I had really taken a shine to the sequinned ones) but the shops in the Village didn't open until 9am so instead I just checked out the displays of windows as I walked through. I arrived at the Disneyland Hotel at just before 8am and had the obligatory standing in front of the Hotel picture!

I was one of the first through the gates and squealed a little in excitement at seeing the Swing Into Spring sign. It was so pretty. Here's another picture!

I called into one of the small shops right at the top of Main Street USA to look for the sequinned Minnie ears but again, I couldn't find them. So I walked along to the gazebo and saw the castle for the first time in months and suddenly became full of emotion with the music and the smells and sights and started to cry! Happy tears mind! Goofy, Pluto and Mickey and Minnie were doing EMH meet and greets...I decided to meet Mickey and Minnie as I'd met Pluto and Goofy on the previous trip and had never met Minnie. The queue was already building when I joined it but I didn't have to wait too long before I met them both! I love the little kiss noises they make when you give them a hug and they kiss you on the cheek hehe!

After meeting Mickey and Minnie I had a wander down Main Street and headed straight for Fantasyland. Of course, the first thing I did was go upstairs to the Sleeping Beauty chamber and had a look at the beautiful stained glass windows and the details. I never noticed how beautiful the ceiling is! Check it out next time you all go! Then I went down to pay Maleficent a visit, something else I really love about our beautiful park. I headed into Fantasyland and decided to go on the Pinocchio ride. After this I then headed straight to Peter Pan's Flight...amazing as always! The Princess Pavilion reservation queue was just opening so jumped in straightaway. Had to wait for just over an hour to get the ticket but it wasn't too bad and went quite fast. It was pretty chilly and it was just after 10:30am with my reservation between 11:30am and 12pm so I decided to head back to the hotel to grab my coat and put on some extra socks as my toes had frozen in the reservation queue! Then I headed straight to the Princess Pavilion and only queued for about 30 minutes even though it was pretty busy. I was so happy to find that I got Aurora, one of my all time favorite princesses! I had a little tear in my eye and she was fantastic, telling me all about Prince Phillip and posing for lots of photos! I even had a massive hug with her that got captured on camera which I couldn't resist buying as I look ecstatic!

After meeting Aurora I decided to head on over to my favorite land, Adventureland! It was around lunchtime so I made a stop at Hakuna Matata and got my favorite spicy chicken and fries...delicious. As I didn't want to go on anything too boisterous after a large lunch I headed straight for Pirates of the Caribbean, which had been closed in September. I loved every minute of it and it has quickly become my favorite ride at Disney, only after Big Thunder Mountain! After Pirates I went on over to Frontierland and got in the queue for Big Thunder Mountain, which I was so excited for as it's my absolute fav! I asked for the back as it goes a lot faster than the front as you're pulled as well the actual speed of the train and it was so good, I couldn't stop laughing! After Thunder I headed on over to Indiana Jones which was also good! Usually I get headachey on it but it was a lot smoother this time, particularly on the loop! Once done, I decided to head to Discoveryland. I was sad to see all of the fencing up around Space Mountain and Cafe Hyperion, it didn't look very nice but I know that it is for our future enjoyment in the area so i guess it is something we just have to put up with for a while. Anyway, went on Buzz Lightyear which I always enjoy and then to Star Tours! We were just about to board when the cast member suddenly ushered us out. Turned out someone had been sick everywhere on the ride previous to us so we had another star cruiser opened up for us. Got the front row and loved it again. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan admittedly, but I love the ride. By now it had begun to rain and it seemed as though it was in for the day. I started to head down Main Street with company, but said I wanted to stay and watch the parade and Dreams despite the weather (I didn't pay £400 for nothing!) and she went off to the hotel for the rest of the night (nice!). Decided not to have dinner as I was still full from lunch and went to get a spot for the parade. As the weather was bad, the park was clearing out and spots were everywhere so I got a really good spot to watch it. Loved every second of it and really got into it, I was waving at all of the characters and fist bumping the playing cards as they went past =D

After the parade finished I ended up going back to Adventureland and having a little walk and then doing Pirates again and then to Thunder Mountain. It was getting darker and as it was raining it seemed a lot faster! Best ride of the trip, even if i was alone! Was like this the entire ride =DDDDDD It was about 7:15pm by the time I got off so I went to go get a spot for Dreams...front row! It didn't take long to wait, even if the weather was freezing and rainy. Met a lovely family who was at Disney for the first time and shared some tips with them. Dreams was amazing, though some of the fireworks didn't work and the projections were hard to see as it got foggy! Still, it was great to be back! I then headed out of the park and made my way back to the hotel, making a stop in McDonalds for a little bite to eat. I got back to the hotel at about 9pm as everywhere was so empty so virtually no queue in McDonalds. Was sad to see the news as I was getting ready for bed about the plane crash in the Alps and was thankful that my flight had gotten to Paris safely. With that, I ate my dinner and then I went to bed, ready for Studios the next day!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney Matt

Grand day 2 :)
I just recently watched Sleeping Beauty for the 1st time & loved it!
I'll be going to the Princess Pavillion as 25 year old male in Feb...hope nobody stares lol :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

stormflm595

Quote from: Mathierson24 on March 31, 2015, 10:44:28 PM
I'll be going to the Princess Pavillion as 25 year old male in Feb...hope nobody stares lol :)

It's such a great movie! I love the art style and the song, Once Upon A Dream =) Loved Aurora since I was a little girl and I'm definitely on Team Pink for her dress =D
haha no definitely not! I actually think the face characters LOVE meeting older fans..I'm 26 and Aurora was amazing with me! They tend to ask about your holiday first and let you lead, so if you prefer to just talk about that they are happy to but if you want them to be the character they love it! I think they have more fun, as with small children some might not realise exactly what is happening or know what it say, whereas interacting with out sort of age means lots of fun for them and for us! =)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

Disney Matt

Quote from: stormflm595 on March 31, 2015, 11:03:47 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on March 31, 2015, 10:44:28 PM

It's such a great movie! I love the art style and the song, Once Upon A Dream =) Loved Aurora since I was a little girl and I'm definitely on Team Pink for her dress =D
haha no definitely not! I actually think the face characters LOVE meeting older fans..I'm 26 and Aurora was amazing with me! They tend to ask about your holiday first and let you lead, so if you prefer to just talk about that they are happy to but if you want them to be the character they love it! I think they have more fun, as with small children some might not realise exactly what is happening or know what it say, whereas interacting with out sort of age means lots of fun for them and for us! =)

Once Upon A Dream was stuck in my head for dayss!  ;D Totally Team Pink aswell lol!
Thanks for the advice, I really hope they do LOVE meet older fans...& think i'll definitely ask about Philip then & if she dreamed about him while in her deep sleep  :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

moonloo

We saw her at the Auberge and she spent a good while with the adults asking what our favourite parts of her story were and how we liked her dress etc... never feel weired about the adukt/character interaction thing... I LOVE it!!! Storm Im loving your report, keep it coming!!!!

stormflm595

no moonloo, i totally agree. never feel awkward! certain characters, like gaston, can get away with saying more risky things to older guests too which means more fun for us! the meet and greets are probably my favorite part about a disney trip! as walt always said, every adult has a child in them...we get treated exactly the same =)
and thank you lovely!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

disnick.322

I'm loving reading your trip report, and am glad you are able to write the report so positively, regardless of what happened with your so called friend.
also I agree with your comment on the face characters, I'm also 26 and as I get older the interaction seems to get better each time.
I can't wait to read the rest of your report

gemma2806

Loving Day 2, some of the best times in the park are when the weather turns and everyone else leaves!

Gaston is great as a face character, he upset my fiancé by calling him a loser and giving me a huge hug. Not that I minded though! I was 30 when I saw him and my fiancé was 38. Our son who was 3 didn't really understand who he was  :D

KevCollins

Great Report Storm,

Reading this is getting me excited about our stay this August! Your mate sounds like a bit of a tool and she missed out on a good time by the sounds of things

Chin up, her loss
Sept 2013 sequoia lodge
Aug 2014 sequoia lodge
6th August 2015 HNY
30th Dec 17 - 02nd Jan 18 ???

seraphelle

Your report is great, loving it! As for your 'friend' - pffffffffffft, you're well rid mate! People like that aren't worth your time! xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019