Trip report 23/03/2015 - 27/03/2015 *DAY TWO*

Started by stormflm595, March 28, 2015, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

Hey guys, got back from Disneyland yesterday! Unfortunately, I had a terrible time =( Disney itself was fantastic as usual and I really miss it but the company I went with turned out to be bad. She left me alone in the parks twice for 5 hours a time, ignored me, was rude to me and the castmembers and was very horrible about me. To put a long story short, I found out on our last night before we were supposed to go for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, that the girl I was with had been slagging me off all week to another friend VIA text message which I happened to see when checking the time on her phone (she had stupidly left it on the messages). The messages were extremely hurtful and knocked my confidence, enough tat I'd rather not repeat even the tame ones, but basically we are not friends anymore. I confronted her and left the hotel to cool off for a bit, came back to find her suitcase and passport gone with no note. Not even any decency to tell me where she was, even after messages and calls to her phone. I found out after my flight yesterday that she had gotten a flight home Thursday night, essentially ABANDONING me in a foreign country. I have told her to never contact me again. So, for my report, some of the photos are cropped and I will not make any mention of her, even though there were things we did together. I will add day one as soon as my photos are ready =)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

lovindisney87

What a shame about the so called friend you went with, some people can be so cruel. Looking forward to your report tho and photos.  ;D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

stormflm595

Yes lovindisney87, I'm still in shock. we were friends for 10 years. I have no idea what I did to deserve it all but know I am better off.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

lovindisney87

Yeah defo, you don't need people like that in your life. Hope it hasn't put you off another trip tho lol  :)
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

stormflm595

Definitely not! If anything, I fell even more in love with the parks =) Got to explore everything when I was by myself and actually take it all in. No trip for a few years now though, me and my boyfriend are off to Disney World, Florida in 3 years for my 30th! Will be worth it but I'll miss it!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

Rapunzel1

That is terrible.  :o. I hope you managed to enjoy Disneyland.

stormflm595

Quote from: Rapunzel1 on March 28, 2015, 09:07:21 PM
That is terrible.  :o. I hope you managed to enjoy Disneyland.

It was slightly ruined admittedly, but I made the best of it and still love it as much as i do..she can't take that away from me =)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

polar vixen

I am so sorry to hear that!  Especially after you spent so much time looking forward to it!  Try as best you can to keep a few nice memories,  and if at all possible get a cheap couple of nights and get eurostar when it diary becomes availabilities for sixty quid or whatever and get yourself some nice uncorrupted memories!

Disney Matt

You were so looking forward to your trip too :(
You'll have gotten to see the park in a whole new light now by being by yourself though :)
Glad it hasn't dampened your spirits on Disneyland  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

NCC1701Q

Terrible to read what happened. Hope you found some comfort in the parcs. Don't let your selfconfidence be changed by this: some people are not worth your energy or don't deserve to have any impact of what you think of yourself. I hope you keep looking forward to your trip to DWF!

stormflm595

Day one

Up at 4:30am to get ready to go to airport! I was really tired but I always find that every time I go on holiday I can hardly sleep in excitement and I seem to last the whole day even on hardly no sleep. Anyway, it was easy to get up and I was ready by 5:15am. I was picked up from my house and drove to Birmingham airport. Got there about 6am and parked up and headed straight to Frankie and Benny's for breakfast. As usual, it was delicious and the service, even at such an early time when everyone is sleepy, was really quick and my waitress was lovely. Checked in after breakfast and was through security by 7:45am. Didn't really look around duty free as I didn't know if I would be paid by my new job on the 27th and didn't know if I could afford anything. Went to Wetherspoons for a quick lemonade and then it was time to board. The flight was really fast and was half an hour early into Paris which only meant more time in the parks =D Border control was pretty fast too with no problems and when I got to the VEA stand the bus was there and waiting to go...couldn't have timed it more right! I got on straightaway and within a few minutes, was on my way to the resort. Finally got to the Sequoia Lodge at about 1:30pm Paris time and oh my god, it was beautiful! I'd seen it on my last trip but stayed at the Santa Fe so it was surreal getting off there. Checked in, though my room wouldn't be ready until 3pm so I checked my luggage into the baggage area of the hotel and went out for the afternoon!

Decided to head to Studios to ride Tower of Terror. I had to queue a little but that was to be expected as I'm sure I read on here that there was some sort of National Day or two in France meaning the parks would be busier on the Monday and Tuesday of my trip. After the Tower, I headed to the Rock and Roller Coaster and was so pleased to find that they had fixed the speakers in the trains. The last two times I found you could hardly hear the music on the ride but this time it was a lot louder (not unbearably loud) and it made the whole ride so much better. After this, I thought I'd do Crushes Coaster as that is always a long wait, but I only had to wait for around 40 minutes which wasn't bad at all. I absolutely love this ride and was so glad to hear the 'Rip it, roll it, punch it!' in the queue inside, it made me so happy! After that it was close to 4:30 and Animagique was about to start so naturally headed on in. It was the first time seeing the show and it was so good! Had a dance in my seat in the Jungle Book and Lion King bits and couldn't help but sing loudly to Under the Sea.

After Animagique, I decided to head on back to the hotel and check our room out. Picked up my luggage and went to get the room key and then headed to the lodge. I was put in the Monterey Lodge which seemed like a long way from the Village on the maps but it actually turned out to be a really short walk and a lot shorter than the Santa Fe. The room was lovely! I really liked the Bambi theme and the size of the room. I also had a view of the river which was really nice. Tidied myself up after a day of travelling and doing a bit of the Studios and changed and then went to Planet Hollywood for dinner. I ended up having the fajita's...I'm not a fan of stuff like sour cream and guacamole and cheese and the waitress was really accompanying for it and bought me a huge bowl of free Mexican rice to make up for not having the accompaniments, which I thought was so nice. Here are a couple of photos from the meal.

After food, I decided to go back to the hotel and call it a night. Travelling and being up so early had left me tired and I wanted to be wide awake ready for the first day back in the Magic Kingdom...I was so excited!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

stormflm595

Thank you all so much for your comments! It's such a shame that this all happened but I would rather know than carry on a friendship that was actually only one sided! Disneyland Paris will always be a magical place AND I MET RAPUNZEL! So one dream came true =D Will post the photos when I get to that day in the report =) Again, thank you. I'm still in shock and really upset still, so your lovely comments are doing wonders right now.

August 2001 DLP, 3 days

justlikewedreamedit-xo

I am so sorry to hear what had happened, stormflm595! :( I hope you are doing ok, I know it is no consolation but at least you were in the most magical place on earth so you could (hopefully) easily take your mind off things <3 I am glad to hear that it hasn't negatively influenced your view on DLP in any way. Looking forward to reading the rest of your report :)

norhel

I'm sad to hear about you friend. Bad behaviour of her.
But you report for day one is nice.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

AlmostThere...

Hi, I'm so sorry :( was it the same friend you went with last time (I read that report recently and loved it!)

We met rapunzel last time and she was amazing! Can't wait to read the rest of your report x

First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!