yay finally booked

Started by lovindisney87, March 19, 2015, 02:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovindisney87

So finally booked our january 2016 Disneyland Paris trip today, with a few changes. Originally we were going on Sunday 24th til 28th going by Eurostar. We are now going Monday 25th til 29th and flying from Southampton. Eurostar prices for January are still not released but the prices for December for the same group of people is over £800 so flying is saving around £400 already also we have to taxi from Portsmouth to London for the Eurostar so that's another £180 + saved. Only problem is I have never flown it before so unsure of how it all works. So any tips on flying much appreciated.  ;D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

sarahmumof4

Was going to ask where you are from but can see on re reading Portsmouth .

I'm in southampton :)

First two trips we did eurostar , last we drove so in December we are flying .

Can't give any tips I'm afraid as the last time I flew was 1999 lol

Guessing you are going to Orly as well ?
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

lovindisney87

Quote from: sarahmumof4 on March 19, 2015, 09:31:37 PM
Was going to ask where you are from but can see on re reading Portsmouth .

I'm in southampton :)

First two trips we did eurostar , last we drove so in December we are flying .

Can't give any tips I'm afraid as the last time I flew was 1999 lol

Guessing you are going to Orly as well ?

We are actually from the Island, yeah travelling to Orly as well
we have used Eurostar the last three times we went but it was so expensive this time thought we would try flying as girls wanted to fly as well.
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

mdw

hi ladies, im flying with my hubby and 2 daughters from southampton to orly in 3 weeks time (29th aug- 1st sept). It's our first time flying as well. Will help as much as i can, we have just been given our flight details and decided to pay £56 to book our seats so that we are definitely sat together.

CindersFaye

Hi, to answer about the flying, some people either hate it or love it! I am one of those who love it! As you do not know what to expect I shall explain it you to!
As you sit in the plane (for probably about 20 mins before take off) the pilot will speak to you over the tannoy, and air hostesses will demonstrate the safety procedures whilst you are moving to the runway. Once you are on the runway, the plane will build up speed and gradually you will take off! Your body will feel a bit of pressure from the speed but this is completely normal!
A tip is to suck a hard sweet or mint whilst taking off as this helps to avoid your ears from popping!

When you are in the air you won't feel any speed, you will be flying through the air and will reach France in no time at all, you may experience some turbulence but this is nothing to worry about. If you bring a book, or an ipad or just something to do it will take your mind off of it if you are nervous. Staff will be supportive if you do feel scared.

Finally, landing. The pilot should announce that you will be landing soon and you will feel the plane starting to descend. It isn't all at once and usually the plane will turn from side to side to get lower gradually. As soon as you are approaching the runway, there will be a bumb as the wheels touch the ground. Which again, is normal. Many people do not like this part as it usually where ears will pop and the bumb can sometimes be quite big, but nervous flyers are happy when they feel this as they know that they have landed om ground!

Hope this helps, if you need anymore info, please ask x
Disney Trip - 27th - 30th September - Sequoia Lodge

lovindisney87

Quote from: mdw on August 10, 2015, 11:09:56 PM
hi ladies, im flying with my hubby and 2 daughters from southampton to orly in 3 weeks time (29th aug- 1st sept). It's our first time flying as well. Will help as much as i can, we have just been given our flight details and decided to pay £56 to book our seats so that we are definitely sat together.

Wow hope you have an amazing time and any info would be great. So jealous that you have 3 weeks I still have months 😒 lol.
[size=150]Disney trips

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

lovindisney87

Quote from: CindersFaye on August 11, 2015, 02:10:12 AM
Hi, to answer about the flying, some people either hate it or love it! I am one of those who love it! As you do not know what to expect I shall explain it you to!
As you sit in the plane (for probably about 20 mins before take off) the pilot will speak to you over the tannoy, and air hostesses will demonstrate the safety procedures whilst you are moving to the runway. Once you are on the runway, the plane will build up speed and gradually you will take off! Your body will feel a bit of pressure from the speed but this is completely normal!
A tip is to suck a hard sweet or mint whilst taking off as this helps to avoid your ears from popping!

When you are in the air you won't feel any speed, you will be flying through the air and will reach France in no time at all, you may experience some turbulence but this is nothing to worry about. If you bring a book, or an ipad or just something to do it will take your mind off of it if you are nervous. Staff will be supportive if you do feel scared.

Finally, landing. The pilot should announce that you will be landing soon and you will feel the plane starting to descend. It isn't all at once and usually the plane will turn from side to side to get lower gradually. As soon as you are approaching the runway, there will be a bumb as the wheels touch the ground. Which again, is normal. Many people do not like this part as it usually where ears will pop and the bumb can sometimes be quite big, but nervous flyers are happy when they feel this as they know that they have landed om ground!

Hope this helps, if you need anymore info, please ask x

Thanks so much that is a lot of information that I will tell my older two girls so they sort of know what to expect, I have flown before but not for a while now. My main concern, and I know its a short flight but my youngest just cant stay still at the moment she will be 21 months when we fly and I am just not sure how I will cope if she starts wanting to get up or starts screaming, hoping she may have calmed a little by then lol. 😁
[size=150]Disney trips

Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁

Zee79

Make sure your daughters have an activity pack with them on the plane to keep them occupied. Even at the ages my children are now I still take them things to do.