Tiana

Started by tsaress, March 14, 2015, 10:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsaress

I'm going on 2nd July to 6th July for my 40th birthday. Do you think there is any way I can met Tiana or if I tell one of cast members they would tell me if Tiana is at princess Pavillion in advance if I tell them it's my birthday.

I know it sounds childish but I love to get a picture with her I have pictures with the normal princess already and not that bothered about frozen.
DLP March 2018, DLP October 2017, DLP June 2017, DLP April 2017
DLP July 2015, DLP Jan 2013, DLP August 2006, DLP July 1998
DLP April 1993
WDW July 1988

moonloo

We have met Tiana 2 of the 4 times we have been and entirely by chance so she cannot be so rare. I do believe if you ask at city hall they can tell you if she is doing a meet and greet but I dont know about the pavilion, I feel like maybe they dont tell people who will be there. I may be wrong and someone else will pitch in!
Good luck meeting her, hope you have an amazing 40th there!!!!!

DLPWonders (Banned)

All you can do is go to the Princess Pavillion as many times as needed up until you meet her.
You can't ask to meet her. And no, they won't tell you who is at the Princess Pavillion.
The entire concept of the Pavillion is that it's a surprise who it is.
I get that you want to make your birthday unforgettable, but they have guests with birthdays every single day.
And you won't believe the requests they get, every single day, for someone's birthday.
They're not going to tell you if and what time she will be there, that's just simply based on luck.

What you can do is keep an eye out for the themes of the Sunday Brunch at Inventions.
The theme of "The Princess and the Frog" is quite recurring, with Tiana and Naveen.
You might be lucky that it's the theme during that Sunday, and then you can meet them.

But try not to hope on meeting 1 character, that just get's you disappointed.
You're in the most magical place for your birthday, that's all that counts.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Mitchell

Just checked on the brunch schedule on Character Central (which has been spot on minus two weeks which were swapped by the park) and the theme is Summer which sounds awesome as it has the VIP's including Clarice on top of Stitch and Angel apparently :) However you miss out on Tiana and Naveen by two weekends :(
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

seraphelle

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 15, 2015, 08:25:54 AM
All you can do is go to the Princess Pavillion as many times as needed up until you meet her.
You can't ask to meet her. And no, they won't tell you who is at the Princess Pavillion.
The entire concept of the Pavillion is that it's a surprise who it is.
I get that you want to make your birthday unforgettable, but they have guests with birthdays every single day.
And you won't believe the requests they get, every single day, for someone's birthday.
They're not going to tell you if and what time she will be there, that's just simply based on luck.

What you can do is keep an eye out for the themes of the Sunday Brunch at Inventions.
The theme of "The Princess and the Frog" is quite recurring, with Tiana and Naveen.
You might be lucky that it's the theme during that Sunday, and then you can meet them.

But try not to hope on meeting 1 character, that just get's you disappointed.
You're in the most magical place for your birthday, that's all that counts.

I agree with this 100%. Don't go with your heart set on it, you don't want anything to potentially bring you down whilst there or take your attention away from the fact you're IN Disneyland. I was hoping for Belle and have never met her, but after being there a few hours I got over it  :D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

HildeKitten

You know, it can't hurt to ask at the Princess Pavillion and City Hall and mention it's your 40th birthday.
You never know that a CM will break the rules and tell you anyway.
I have a friend that went for the 30th earlier this year and she asked about a specific princess and they told her that normally they didn't tell anyone but they'd make an exception.
That said, it was pretty dead low season, so it wasn't like there was much of a queue anywhere, which may have been part of them accomodating her.
In any case, we have a saying in Belgium that's pretty spot on that translates like this: you have a no, but you could get a yes.

So ask, politely and who knows. But like others have said: don't get your hopes up. I do think chances are slim they'll accomodate you, but it may happen. It has happened to others in the past so why not give it a go as well :)

DLPWonders (Banned)

^ I might be an old hag for saying this, but that's something that irritates the **** out of me!
The Princess Pavillion has a "surprise" concept, the whole meaning of it is that it's a surprise who you'll meet.
Why are people more special just because it's their birthday?
Every day there are so many guests that have birthdays, they can't make exceptions for all those people.
Us as Disney fans should respect that more than anyone.

I get that Disneyland Paris is a magical place, trust me I do.
I also get that they want to give everyone the most magical experience ever.
But they are also still a company, and there are rules.
And I don't feel you're entitled to ask a CM to break those rules "because it's your birthday".
So what? There are probably 100 other guests at the same day walking in the park who's birthday it also is.
If you're making an exception for 1 guest, you have to do that for all.
Because THAT'S what Disney is, an equal place for young and old.

I have spend my birthday at Disneyland Paris once, and it was the most magical birthday I've ever had.
But I didn't ask for special treatment. I got to call Mickey Mouse at City Hall and he wished me a happy birthday.
Which is something anyone can do. I also got a birthday sticker at City Hall.
And the entire day long all the CM's wished me a happy birthday, and all the characters in the parade pointed at me and blowing kisses at me.
It made my day so amazing, and I felt so special. I got to spend it at the most magical place in the world.
You don't need special treatment or asking a CM to bend the rules for you, to have a memorable and amazing day.
And it actually makes my skin crawl when people do ask for it, and do want it.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

tsaress

I understand what you mean about the birthdays thing and I've never used that before. I just know what a rare character she is and just want to find the best place to see her I was a bit gutted when I saw the investions bunch days but I guess it's one of those things.

I'm a weird one I've never been a big mickey fan.
DLP March 2018, DLP October 2017, DLP June 2017, DLP April 2017
DLP July 2015, DLP Jan 2013, DLP August 2006, DLP July 1998
DLP April 1993
WDW July 1988

AlmostThere...

Hi, this won't help much but I met her in the princess pavilion the first time I went... But I guess I agree with other posters, just go with your fingers crossed and enjoy your magical birthday anyway, you are so lucky to be going for your birthday  :)
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

moonloo

tsaess I know what you mean, our theme is Magic!! Just the normal characters in wizzardy clothes, I have reservations but will probably cancel in all honesty!  :(

laylanmummyluvdisney

technicly you can go to city hall and ask to meet a character
and if that character is avalible to dlp you will be able to meet them......

..... at a cost i beleive last price was 900 euros for a private meet and greet
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

HildeKitten

*falls out of the sofa in shock*
That's a joke right? It's not really € 900 surely?

laylanmummyluvdisney

nope and you get 15mins i think

not that ive had the pleasure lol
i got 4 nights at cheyenne and full board preimium for that for this october lol

someone on the trip advisor forum enquiered and a poster rung for a price for them
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

daddyof2

Changing subject slightly, the writer Jon Ronson said he got to have a 1 to 1 with a princess (at WDW I think) and chose pocahontas. He then asked her how she felt about what's been done to her home land, stripping of resources, etc. Apparently she wasn't very impressed

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: HildeKitten on April 14, 2015, 07:22:39 PM
*falls out of the sofa in shock*
That's a joke right? It's not really € 900 surely?

No it isn't 900€, it's even more.
It used to be 900, it's 1200€ now.
And for that price you get a private meet for 30 minutes with 1 character.