Audition 26th of March in Amsterdam

Started by Mariss, March 01, 2015, 07:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariss

Hey everyone!

Who's going the 26th? I don't know yet!
I am Dutch myself, and it is an hour and a half of traveling with the train.
To be honest, I am pretty scared, my dream is to act/ be with Disney, but well, I am scared that my insecurities will take over.
Also I don't have a lot of acting experience, and there is a very big chance that I am to tall with my 176 cm. If I look like an princess? Probably not, but if I look like pictures/ vids from youtube, I guess they sometimes don't know either, they just go for 'the' look I guess. 'The' look of loving what you do.

So, I have some questions, I will put numbers for it, so it is easy to answer;
1. Well, who is going?
2. What is the general amount of people who is  going ?
3. Do you think I am to tall ? Or shouldn't it be a problem?
4. Like an CV, you will have to bring it, but should it state only your acting experience? Or can you state your work experience/ school? Just mix it together? I don't have a lot of acting experience, but I do have work experience. Working with kids.
5. Do you have to bring an headshot? And should it be professional ?
6. I wear glasses. I want to get my eyes being treated by a laser, but I must wear glasses for an certain amount of time, instead of lenses. Do you think that will be an problem?

Thank you all!

With magical greetings,
Mariska

MermaidLagoon

Hi Mariska!

Nice to see another Dutchie here, haha :) I live in Amsterdam and I'll be attending the audition as well! I attended one last year as well and got through as a character only but unfortunately, no contract was available for me for six months and so I'll have to try again. Let me start by telling you that the audition is NOTHING to be afraid of or insecure about! Everyone there is in the same boat as you are, we're all nervous and we all have the same dream. In my experience, it's a lot of fun! Just have a good time and make friends- even when you don't get through, you'll have a fantastic day! Since I've only done one audition, I don't know if I can answer all your question 100%, but I can tell you my experience.

I just drew up a CV with all my school- and work experience that may be interesting for Disney to know. Like you said, if you worked with kids that could be a big plus. I put a picture up on my CV, but didn't bring additional headshots and I don't think that's necessary because they take your photo there. You are definitely not too tall, as they look for more characters than just princesses (for example villains and fur characters). Just don't worry too much! If this really your dream, go for it! And maybe I'll see you there :)
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.

Mariss

Hey Dutchie!
Dutchie in the house!

Thank you for your reply! The CV should be written in English I guess ? And I do have experience playing 'zwarte piet', what is well, acting. How do you explain that in English? ha ha !
And I think you have to write your sizes on your CV?
What do you have to wear? Do they really don't care what you are wearing?

Again thank you!

Pixie Dust

Hi Mariska,

I'm dutch too and i will be going in march :)
First: Just try. It's fun! Everyone over there is nervous but most people are so kind and you'll definately make some friends!

I will try to answer your quenstions as well as i can.
1.)  Me! haha
2.) Uhm in Brussel there were about 50 people. But Amsterdam would be around 200.
3.) You're too tall when it comes to princesses. If you look at the disneylandparis-castig website http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en there will be some auditionsheets of other countries which will tell you what the heightranges for certain roles are. Tallest would be princess Tiana with 173 cm. But there will be other roles indeed! You can do fur or be in te parades.
4.) I've put on some things that are interesting for Disney to know. It's workexperience and some acting experience. And it should be in English, yes :)  But you will only have to hand in your CV when you get offered a contract. And i believe they take headshots over there!
5.) as i said above haha
6.) Is it possible for you to wear contacts at the audition? You could switch from glasses to contacts before they start with the auditon itself. But that's because i don't think its very pratical to wear glasses (never seen a character wear glasses though..) When will you get your treatment? :)  And will you be able to work then?

As to your additional questions:
I wrote my height on my CV, that's all. You will get measured over there though and they can tell your sizes by looking at you at the audition ;)
You should wear comfortable clothes in which you can move properly. And something that is a bit fitted, so they can see the shape of your body. Here are some auditiontips!
http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/entertainment/audition-tips

Good luck with you decision and maybe i'll see you within a few weeks!

Mariss

:o Another Dutch person on here? What a small world wide web.
Thank you for your respons!
What a different turn out! If you look to Brussels or Amsterdam.
Is it cheating if I am going to remove a couple of centimeters from my height itself? Ha ha. Oh well.
I can't wear contacts at all, it will mess up my eyes for the laser appointment .
I have it somewhere in April/ May. So it is fast. And about working, you can work the day after and see everything.

Tiana

Hi!

So many dutchies haha, i really want to go myself. I doubt I'll make it through but it's worth giving a shot. How long in advance do you guys plan on being present?

MermaidLagoon

Haha, Dutchies unite! I see Pixiedust answered all of your questions :) As to taking some centimeters off your height, it won't really matter since they measure you at the audition. So, I would just be honest about it if I were you! As to what you should wear: just pick something that you feel comfortable in, like Tiana said.

I just received an e-mail about the audition and it got me even more excited! Last time I was there half an hour early and there already were some people there. In my experience the Amsterdam auditions aren't nearly as crowded as the ones in London, so I don't think you have to be there extremely early. Hope to see you there girls! :)

Mariss

Can I ask how many auditions have you been to?
I come from Rotterdam, so maybe it is nice to travel with someone? So if someone is traveling from Rotterdam, or the stops in between, feel free to message me! It is nicer to be with someone then alone.

I thought btw about my glasses, and I just think I am going to remove my glasses with the pictures, and I try to do without glasses. Even though I doubt it will work.

Pixie Dust

Woah, I didn´t know there were so many dutch people on this forum. Nice to meet you!  :D

I'm from Overijssel, so nowhere near Rotterdam haha. I've been to two auditions, this is going to be my third.
The first time in Brussels i was there about an hour or even more than an hour early. And there was nobody haha! Even the castingdirectors weren't there. And the people of the building said: Disney...?? No idea??
That freaked me out haha. But there were only 50 people. Last time in Amsterdam i was there about 45-60 mins early. I think it's nice to talk to some people and since i have to travel such a long way, i rather leave my home early. NS... you know the problem.. haha!

And about your laserappointment: wow! That's fast! Wouldn't be a problem then. I think they will ask you if you are comfortable wearing contacts when they are interested in you, so you can always explain in to them later!

@MermaidLagoon how come you received an email about the audition?! Did you signed up for it or did you get it because you got offered a contract?

Tiana

i'm from dordrecht and my train stops at rotterdam central station so we could travel together from there on out? Also im a sucker with directions so itd calm my nerves a little bit to have someone else there haha (:

And thank you! i'm hoping there will be around 50 peopel this time around as well then, 100+ people would be a biiit intimidating. I'm so excited!!

MermaidLagoon

Quote from: Pixie Dust on March 04, 2015, 10:03:22 AM
Woah, I didn´t know there were so many dutch people on this forum. Nice to meet you!  :D

I'm from Overijssel, so nowhere near Rotterdam haha. I've been to two auditions, this is going to be my third.
The first time in Brussels i was there about an hour or even more than an hour early. And there was nobody haha! Even the castingdirectors weren't there. And the people of the building said: Disney...?? No idea??
That freaked me out haha. But there were only 50 people. Last time in Amsterdam i was there about 45-60 mins early. I think it's nice to talk to some people and since i have to travel such a long way, i rather leave my home early. NS... you know the problem.. haha!

And about your laserappointment: wow! That's fast! Wouldn't be a problem then. I think they will ask you if you are comfortable wearing contacts when they are interested in you, so you can always explain in to them later!

@MermaidLagoon how come you received an email about the audition?! Did you signed up for it or did you get it because you got offered a contract?

Oh my, you guys live pretty far from Amsterdam! I have the extreme luck that the audition takes place just a 15 minute bikeride away from my home, but I totally understand that you guys want to leave very early to make sure you're on time! Unfortunately I can't travel with you, but we could definitely see each other there :)
I received an e-mail from the lady who recruits people from the Netherlands for all the other jobs besides entertainment (shops, ticketing, restaurants etc.) and because I had contact with her about those jobs, she e-mailed me to inform me that there will also be auditions in Amsterdam!

paula_g

Hey hey!
Me and a boy will be there all the way from Leeuwarden, Friesland!
It's our first time at a Disney casting as well  ;D

Looking forward to meeting you!

guest9295

Hi Dutchies!

I am auditioning as well in Amsterdam! This will be my second audition, I did my first last April in London.
( I am Dutch myself)
I shouldn't worry too much about the audition, smile and be yourself!
The people at the audition are really kind! The people I met in London were haha. Wear something comfortable as you are asked to dance!

Hope to see you there!!
greetings Lynn

(ik kom uit den bosch, dus mijn trein zit niet op jullie traject jammer genoeg!)

Mariss

This is already more then I thought ha ha !
Tiana and I already planned that we go together, with all the nerves included !

It is gonna be awesome! Hopefully with this great weather !

Pixie Dust