Auditioning Age

Started by downingsdancer, February 28, 2015, 05:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downingsdancer

Hey guys,
I decided to ask my question on here as I've had little/no luck with contacting the Casting department (speaking of, does anyone have a valid email or phone number I can use to contact them with? Because the ones I have been using haven't been very successful.)
So I was wondering if I would be able to audition for a part in the parades in April in Leeds because I am still 17. I know they can only recruit over 18s but by the time I would be interested in working I would be 18 (after this August). Do you think my application would just go to one side once they saw my age or would I be able to audition in order to hopefully be accepted for a job in the autumn season?
Also, seeing as though there is little contact information on the website regarding the auditions, do you just turn up to the auditioning venue on the day or do you have to send an application or anything?
Thanks so much, as you can tell I'm pretty clueless at the moment, and I just wish I could get some answers! haha, thanks if you can help.

Halosunshine

Hello

Personally when you e-mail your CV I would attach a cover letter stating that you know they don't hire under 18s but you would like to start after your 18th birthday that could help. Also have you visited the casting website? www.disneylandparis-casting.com they put audition dates etc on there when they are announced.

I'm not sure about email addresses. I have one for a guy who is dealing with my recruitment but not sure if i'm allowed to share it and if he deals with auditions as it seems like different people in the casting team deal with different contracts. My contract includes a study element and since i've been offered that type of contract he is the only one contacting me.

Hope this helps at all and good luck with your applications :)