Drinking water

Started by Lucyloo, February 27, 2015, 03:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi everyone,

Frist time to Disney in a few weeks.  For our 3 1/2 yr old we're planning on taking empty juice bottles.  I know we can fill them in the parks and we're taking some Robinsons squashums to give a bit of flavour.  Was just wondering though if the tap water in the hotels was ok to us if we're desperate?  I assume that's what people fill the kettles with anyway so would it be best boiled & cooled or doesn't that matter?  We're in a Golden Forest room at Sequoia.
I know that the lounge will provide us with free soft drinks every day but can these be taken back to our room or only consumed in the lounge itself?

Cheers +

learning-the-ropes

Sorry, I can't be of any use but thought I'd comment as I've also been wondering whether the hotel tap water is safe to drink or needs boiling first.

caspdex

HildeKitten

I don't know whether or not the tap water is safe, I *think* it is but it's best to check with hotel staff the day itself.
I've heard from people that they can be a bit iffy at the entrance about letting people in with drinks, but personally I've not had any issues.

daddyof2

We did the squashums thing too - they're a great thing to have

DisneyRon

The water, as far as I'm aware is perfectly safe.
The taste may not be to your liking though, as in my opinion there was a fairly obvious chlorine taste to it.

captain rocket

I'm always amazed that people ask this question! Of course the tap water is safe to drink, can you imagine the effect it would have if it was not! The plumbing in the hotels would'nt be able to cope! The only problem may be with kids, the water is fine to drink but it might taste different and we all know how fussy kids can be! If you are really worried  go to Boots and ask for some water purification tablets. I have always taken these on safari in Africa with me, now there is somewhere you don't want to drink tap water!!!!

vals

We used tap water at Cheyenne and it was fine. My eldest always notices the difference in water in different areas in the Uk and even she didn't moan.   
There are water fountains in the park, but I have never seen them working.

HildeKitten

I've known the water fountains to work, but I think they don't have them on unless it's a warm day.
I remember a really hot day in August where I used them a lot. The water from them is a lot nicer than the bottled water they sell (but that's of course just a personal preference ^^).