Can I buy cows milk anywhere in the Disney village etc for my daughters bottles?

Started by peterkellypetekacie, February 23, 2015, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterkellypetekacie

We are travelling to Disneyland in 2 weeks and my youngest daughter doesn't drink anything except cows milk and still takes bottles etc, I remember on our previous visits there was a small shop near the train station that sold long life milk,iv just tried my daughter with this and she wont entertain it! Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can buy cows milk without having to go to the Val d'europe shopping centre? Thanks! :)

caspdex

glenn

You can go in any restaurant or bar and they will fill the baby,s bottle and won,t charge,a cast member told me this
when I asked her where I could buy milk.
At night,if your baby wakes up for a bottle the hotel bar will always fill spare bottles for you.

Hope this helps.

cazspence

Fresh milk is not really common to find in France. We've yet to find any there or Holland in fact either. And we've been traveling to Europe for 15 years. Even in the fridges it's still just uht. We even asked in Auchan and Carrefour when our son was still on bottles and got a look of Confusion from the staff. He just got uht, no other choice so he had no option, he took it no bother.

polar vixen

how about mcdonalds?  Is it a drink option in france like it is in the UK? Also, last time we were in the place you can use your pause gourmand on main street, (I can't remember the name, is it cookie kitchen?)  a woman in the queue before me purchased cartons of milk for her children.

captain rocket

frostie

Cookie Kitchen, Casey's Corner
Looks like the snack type places sell milk.
It lists cold semi skimmed milk but don't know if that is fresh or long life.
I've been following this thread as my daughter also likes milk.

caspdex

Believe me   The only fresh milk is in the Auchan. McDs don't sell milk in France.

Queen Elsa

We went to France last year, we did a eurocamp before Disney so used a lot of milk. The Milk at breakfast was fine for drinking. We bought the long life stuff and it was fine, I would not touch it at home because it tastes disgusting so you may be ok! Xx

DisneyDonna

Quote from: cazspence on February 23, 2015, 07:05:55 PM
Cows milk is not really common to find in France. We've yet to find any there or Holland in fact either. And we've been traveling to Europe for 15 years. Even in the fridges it's still just uht. We even asked in Auchan and Carrefour when our son was still on bottles and got a look of Confusion from the staff. He just got uht, no other choice so he had no option, he took it no bother.

No cows milk in Holland???? Are you sure you've been looking correctly? We Dutchies love our milk!

HildeKitten

The thing is, unless marked differently (e.g. goat's milk or horse milk), UHT milk is still cow's milk.
Pasturizing it doesn't suddenly stop it from being cow's milk ;)

That said, whenever I was in France (and every other European country I've visited for that matter), I've seen cow's milk sold at supermarkets, so it's really not uncommon at all.

DisneyRon

I assume you mean fresh (pasteurized) milk, rather than long term storage milk (which usually has a few additives I imagine)? Shouldn't be too hard to get in the Netherlands, they should sell that almost anywhere.

Now, if you mean Raw milk (ie. not pasteurized, and technically unfit for consumption until you pasteurize it yourself first), then yes, that won't be easy to get hold of. You'll need to get that at a farm I imagine, stores aren't even allowed to sell it I believe, as it really isn't designed for consumption, far too easily spoiled.

Not sure how that is in France, but they should have it there as well.

But I may well be missing something, because almost all milk sold in stores comes from Cows, so I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for exactly.
If it's from another animal (horse or goat), it will be very clearly marked as such.

cazspence

Quote from: DisneyDonna on February 24, 2015, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: cazspence on February 23, 2015, 07:05:55 PM
Cows milk is not really common to find in France. We've yet to find any there or Holland in fact either. And we've been traveling to Europe for 15 years. Even in the fridges it's still just uht. We even asked in Auchan and Carrefour when our son was still on bottles and got a look of Confusion from the staff. He just got uht, no other choice so he had no option, he took it no bother.

No cows milk in Holland???? Are you sure you've been looking correctly? We Dutchies love our milk!

I meant fresh milk. As in not uht, it took us long enough to find semi skimmed. We kept buying butter milk. 😣 found plenty of uht, but not any fresh milk in anywhere in Holland we've been, must be going to the wrong places. Albert hein, dirk, deca. Etc