First Timer Trip Report 13-17 Feb 15

Started by Loopyloo43, February 18, 2015, 03:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loopyloo43

Hi All,
I have just returned from my first trip to Disneyland Paris along with husband and daughters (aged 9 and 4) and what a wonderful time we had!
We arrived Friday 13th after flying from Ireland and taking VEA from CDG airport direct to the Sequoia Lodge. I had emailed them a few days before to ask for a room as close to the main building as possible and they obliged and put us in Yellowstone Lodge. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel in general, it is huge but has a warm and cosy feel and the staff were very friendly.
After checking out our hotel room, and trying to make sense of all the leaflets and vouchers we had just been given, we headed out of the hotel, round the lake, through Disney village and towards the park. The excitement was palpable and the girls could not believe it when they saw the Disneyland Hotel. They thought that was the entire park! We had chosen to book the half board plus vouchers so stopped at Caseys Corner for our "pause gourmand" - juices for the kids, coffees for the grown ups and sugary dougnuts for all.
At that point the parade was just starting and we happened to find a spot at the top of Main Street which was clear. It was absolutely beautiful and my nine year old was almost in tears as she squealed each time a new float came along, and Peter Pan winked at her (I saw it!!)
Although we had thought we might go on a few rides that evening, the kids were tired from travelling so we went to the Steakhouse for dinner (pre-booked & delicious) The children had learned a few french phrases - hello / goodbye /please / thank you etc which they used with gusto everywhere they went and they were rewarded with huge smiles from all cast members.
Back to the hotel for a glowtini (I had to try it, lovely but at 15 euro only one allowed) and an early night.
We had decided the spend the Saturday at Walt Disney Studios, I was aware this was going to be a a busy weekend and thought it might have been the quieter park option. Breakfast at hotel (queued 5 mins max) and over to the park. It was heaving and raining... not a good mix.
Ratatouille was first on my list but there was already a 75 minute queue so we headed off to try elsewhere (my worst mistake all holiday - did not take a fast pass) Over the course of the day we went on all the rides except Rataouille favourites included Toy Soldiers, Tower of Terror (other half and 9 year old) and Stitch show, hilarious. My 4 year old also loved the Disney Junior show. We ate lunch in Bistrot Chez Remy which was lovely but I had hoped that we would have been on the ride by then. Fast passes were finished by lunchtime. The sun came out after lunch and we stayed in the park tol closing time, loving the Studio Tram Tour at the end.
We ate in the Earl of Sandwich on the way home which was delicious and very resaonable (for Disney)
The second and third days were spent in Disneyland Park itself. I had booked Character Brunch at Inventions on the Sunday, very expensive but absolutely worth it to see their faces. We met Mickey and Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. I loved how they "were" their characters, Sleepy even fell asleep in the middle of writing his autograph.
We loved Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates of the Carribean and Buzz Lightyear, my little one loved the teacups, the train and dumbo (although the queues for these I did not feel were worth it)
I was still gutted about missing Ratatoille so on the last day we made a made dash in and queued for an hour to get on it. It was FANTASTIC and so worth the queue!!
The last night we ate in blue lagoon, which was magical. The kids waved frantically to each boat as it passed through, and then we watched Dreams before meandering home.
Highlights / Tips for me? Buggy hire for my 4 year old (she has been out of her buggy for years but this was much needed) Ratatouille ride, Inventions Character Lunch and Pirates of the Carribean followed by dinner in Blue Lagoon, The Disney Parage and Dreams.
Sigh!!!
Now back to reality and perhaps to plan another trip!!

vampira

Sounds like an amazing first trip!
Blue Lagoon is beautiful isn't it!? I had dinner there once and although it's expensive, it was absolutely worth it in my opinion.  ;D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

Disney Matt

Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

littlebitofpixiedust

Sounds fantastic! I need to try the character brunch on my next visit only ever done the dinner on the other days we love, love inventions and ratatouille too!!!!