When to get to the parks

Started by Caribou, April 05, 2007, 02:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Can anyone tell me what time DLP opens? I have the posted times for the day that I will be there.  I was wondering if this is rope drop and if Main St opens before that time (like at DL in California).

Thanks
Caribou (still planning that first, one-day trip to DLP)
~ Caribou

Nrthwnd

My last vists there, in 2004 was that - if you had your passes already, they let you in half-hour down into Main Street before posted park opening times.

i.e. Letting you in at 0930 for a 1000 park opening.

But - now with new Magic Hours perk available to hotel guests some mornings, this may not be happening any more, except for those with Dream Annual Passes (as a perk for them).

You have only one day - if you can put up with it, and already have your passes pre-bought - plan to arrive an hour before "posted time" that way, one way or other you get to just be there and anticipate longer, the 'entrance experience'of it all - which I did for my first time back in 2002. Was quite the thrill, the first time passing through those gates, lol.

If you are buying passes at park entrance, then getting there an hour ahead of time, gets you into a good early line for immediate buying of one-day park hopper (assuming you want to do both parks in one day?).

All I got for you right now. Hope it helps.

:)
*** Talk is cheap ~ Action is priceless ***

TowMater

At 9am and closes.... Urm.... dunno.  :-k
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel