VIP fast passes.

Started by ~sarahjayne~, January 15, 2015, 11:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~sarahjayne~

If we were to stay in castle club and have VIP fast passes, how is it different to the extra fast pass you get for staying at DLH?

When westayedat DLH last year we had our daily fast pass where you get a ticket with a time to go back and then our hotel pass which couldn't be used between 1&4pm and still only on a couple of rides.

DisneyRon

The VIP FastPass works in a similar way to a normal Hotel FastPass, valid all day (not sure if the 13:00 - 16:00 window applies to the VIP version or not), only for rides with a FastPass Queue, but unlike the normal version you can ride all those attractions as often as you like, with no real restrictions. ;)

You get a card that's valid for the entire length of your stay, and you only show that to the CM at the queue and they'll let you through.

sarahmumof4

Still looking at prices Sarah lol
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Mrsya

Are there still no other ways to buy these without staying in a suite etc?

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mrsya on January 15, 2015, 08:19:31 PM
Are there still no other ways to buy these without staying in a suite etc?

From what I heard you can buy a Premium FastPass at the DLH and HNY reception desk, unfortunately they are €60 per person, per day. See here: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/services/disneys-fastpass/
They function pretty much the same way that VIP FastPasses do, except you buy these, rather than them being complementary with a stay in a suite or the Castle Club. :)

DisneyGagaChick

Jeez, if it's €60 per person per day at DLP- I wonder how much the VIP Passes are at the other parks (WDW etc)!!  :o

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 15, 2015, 09:35:54 PM
Jeez, if it's €60 per person per day at DLP- I wonder how much the VIP Passes are at the other parks (WDW etc)!!  :o

Not sure, the only info I saw that this is only available at DLP and possibly at Hong Kong Disneyland. :)
WDW and Disneyland California don't have anything like this. ;)

~sarahjayne~

Quote from: sarahmumof4 on January 15, 2015, 07:35:00 PM
Still looking at prices Sarah lol

Yes! But trying to decide if we go again this christmas or wait for the anniversary year again x

~sarahjayne~

Is there any way to get a pass where you don't have to wait to meet characters? Such as princess pavilion, rupunzel etc?
My girls are young and only ride buzz and ratatouille rides where you use fast passes, trying to weigh up if it's worth the extra money. X

captain rocket

Although I would'nt advise it, you can buy VIP fastpasses  on ebay. I have no idea how the sellers get hold of them, but several members have reported buying and using them without problems. From memory, I thinkl they usually ask about £150 for them.

cazspence

Quote from: ~sarahjayne~ on January 16, 2015, 12:44:20 AM
Is there any way to get a pass where you don't have to wait to meet characters? Such as princess pavilion, rupunzel etc?
My girls are young and only ride buzz and ratatouille rides where you use fast passes, trying to weigh up if it's worth the extra money. X

Nope no passes for meets unfortunately. Just have to stand and queue.

Mrsya

I was going to bid on one of those eBay passes but the seller was soooo rude when I sent him a quick question that I decided against it...  >:(

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 15, 2015, 09:48:55 PM
Not sure, the only info I saw that this is only available at DLP and possibly at Hong Kong Disneyland. :)
WDW and Disneyland California don't have anything like this. ;)

Seriously?  :o

I thought WDW & DLC would sell VIP Fastpass.

60 euros per person, per day- hmm, it would be worth it!

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on January 16, 2015, 07:53:33 PM
Seriously?  :o

I thought WDW & DLC would sell VIP Fastpass.

60 euros per person, per day- hmm, it would be worth it!

WDW & DLC both have FastPass+ which is already far more flexible than the system at DLP, the Premium FP thing was a test started at DLP and HKDL in 2009, can't find any information on it having expanded since then. :)

Mrsya

Silly question... Do you have to buy premium fast passes for babies if they're coming on with the adults too?