30 Happy Places

Started by experiment627, November 01, 2004, 09:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

30. Happy Places

Disney offers us so many places to laugh, to dream and just to feel good. I can't say I did justice to them, by listing just a couple of them. And sometimes - no, most of times - you can't even limit it down to a special place or a special moment.
Watching my best friend riding "it's a small world" with eyes as wide as those of a four-year-old, hearing my grandmother squeak in delight while the mice "attack" during "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", enjoying a great meal at one of the restaurants, getting goosebumps during shows like "Tarzan" or "CinéMagique", the phrase "Let's do that again!", a princess that blows a kiss at you, a little girl who is so happy to have helped Eeyore find its tail, a father who's dancing along to "Dancin' - A Catchy Rhythm" and his son turning away in embarrassement (but secretly wishing he could do just the same) -- all these little moments, all these memories... isn't that the reason why we all love Disney so much?
And why we all have happy places?

Personally, I like having these places - and I like being able to return to them... even if it's just in my memory...

:castle;

PAT_MAGIC

Thankyou very much for your month of memories of great places around the resort, i really have enjoyed it.  Also your little speech at the end of the last one was very mooving i know that i got goosebumps just reading that one.  Thankyou :D

Kristof

Too bad those 30 days are already over  :cry:

PAT_MAGIC

Yeah it is sad but now we have christmas with the tree and many other great traditions, YAY :D

Anthony

Thanks for the great topic experiment627!  :D

It's really been nice reading your 30 magical places every day this month, so well done!  =D>  =D>

Riebi

Wow! Never read this before but it´s really great!!!!

Wonderful idea!  =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MinniesBestPal

GOOD IDEA!

I hate novembers! Its inbetween autumn and christmas! No bright coloured leaves, and no christmassy stuff!

SMCD

Wow, what a great thread. Really captured some of the magic this great resort offers. Gave me some tips for my upcoming trip too. Thanks!

Japper

Wow! I agree with you about that happy places! They are so cool and also my favorites. :)

arno-hh

hallo,
thank you! i have really enjoyed reading this thread! gives me some tips for my next visit, too!
Bye Arno

Soap

Thanks for sharing, even if the post is from november 2007  :P
You have got a nice and funny to read style Experiment!!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

giorgio1712

I agree, awesome thread!! Really captures all those places that seem insignificant when I'm there but make me want to be back there once I leave.

experiment627

Thanks guys for digging out this old thread - and all the kind words!

(I should do something like that again one of these days...)

Riebi

It´s one of the best threads ever! :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Rain

I keep coming back to this thread. It's perfect as a way of keeping the Disney feeling alive when you are feeling a long way from the magic, and as a way of bringing back those special memories. Right now I am revisiting it to get back into the DLRP mood before our trip in August. Simply a magical thread.