Big Thunder Mountain 2016 refurbishment (EEP)

Started by msRavenswood, January 09, 2015, 01:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimy yet satisfying

Choo choo! Can't wait until the 28th!!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

justlikeidreamedit

Managed to go on it Wednesday and loved it. Faster and better than ever. Didn't realise how much we had missed it.

Sugaroo_

Isn't it faster??? I thought so too, others in our group said they thought it felt the same. It has a lot more kick now. I would always put my hands up in the air before the slopes, this time I felt like I had to hold on for dear life  ;D We thoroughly enjoyed it, so great to have it back.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

msRavenswood

Quote from: Sugaroo_ on January 17, 2017, 11:36:04 AM
Isn't it faster??? I thought so too, others in our group said they thought it felt the same. It has a lot more kick now. I would always put my hands up in the air before the slopes, this time I felt like I had to hold on for dear life  ;D We thoroughly enjoyed it, so great to have it back.

Have to agree, I found it faster than before, unless it was the fact that I hadn't been to DLP since 2014.

EmmaH

We visited 30 Jan through to 3 Feb. We rode BTM more times than we could count. My son has a priority pass so we sat in the back carriage each ride.

We all agree that it is faster and so much fun.

Of the times we rode it the smoke effect was on the once and was great but without it is just as ok.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Disney Dad 63

Hello All,

Anyone going to Disney you must try "Big Thunder Mountain" since the referb the ride is just awesome I think faster than it was before it shut down for it`s referb, and to get the best thrill if you can you want to be in the middle or right at the back, I feel right at the back is faster as you get the drag from the front of the train ride yet my daughter thinks differently, but all the same a fantastic ride well worth going on. But please be aware of the Fast Passes as we did have issue`s with that part of the ride even though we had Hotel fast passes, you may find that the fast pass section don`t open till at least 12.30pm even if the ride itself is 40 to 45 min wait...
Disney Dad 63 :-)