Big Thunder Mountain 2016 refurbishment (EEP)

Started by msRavenswood, January 09, 2015, 01:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaH

Ahhh it would be great to know the exact date as we are hoping to book last week of January 2017 and would dearly love BTM to be open seeing as Pirates and Star Tours will be closed.

Emma
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

dencarter

I've seen the 16 December 2016 reopening date in a few places, but the official site still says 'January'. I guess Disney won't commit to a date 'til they're confident on hitting it, but I'm really hoping the sources that say 16 December are accurate. Having BTM reopen for the Christmas rush will be a big coup.

EmmaH

Hello I've been told on the Dlp Facebook page that BTM will be re opening February 2017. : (

Zee79

It has just been tweeted that BTM is not opening in December as planned due to a delay. Main street station also delayed by a week.

EmmaH

BTM was opening in Feb 2017 so hopefully that means 1st Feb?

Sugaroo_

Disneylandberry tweeted the following on July 19th:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A look at the major refurbishment of Big Thunder Mountain, closed until December 16 included <a href="https://t.co/lr4mz9kTKR">pic.twitter.com/lr4mz9kTKR</a></p>&mdash; DisneylandBerry (@DisneylandBerry) <a href="https://twitter.com/DisneylandBerry/status/755409641526464512">July 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

December 16th???? Do you guys think it's possible???
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

NCC1701Q

In the just released video about the refurbishments (watch it here, quite interesting shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuPOlIwkwOs)
Beth Clapperton (Art Director, WDE) says "I can't wait for the guests to discover it at the end of the year". So that does point at a date sooner than somewhere at the start of 2017.

Sugaroo_

"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

marf91

Ooh I really hope it opens for my new year visit!!
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

Sugaroo_

Ok so here's a July 25th article from disneylandparis-news.com:

http://disneylandparis-news.com/en/big-thunder-mountain-the-wildest-renovation-in-the-west/

Mine explorations will pick up again on 17 December 2016. Big Thunder Mountain's reopening will mark a new step in the experience enhancement plan of Disneyland Paris, with the refurbishment and enhancement of 10 attractions and shows by 2017.

Let's hope everything progresses as planned and it'll be open for Xmas!

dencarter

Amazing to have written confirmation of the plan to have BTM back in action by Christmas. This has cheered me up after a long day in the office  :)

solo_beckett

I'm so excited by BTM opening for Christmas.  I've just booked a 4 day trip.

twentythingamabobs

YASSSS!!  I'm gutted it won't be open for Halloween but I wasn't expecting it to be open at Christmas either so I'm chuffed!!

EmmaH