Trip report 08/12/14 - 12/12/14 Hotel Cheyenne *COMPLETE*

Started by justlikewedreamedit-xo, December 20, 2014, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

Better late than never but such a lovely trip report - you've made so excited for my next visit! Sounds like you had an amazing time and you seem like SUCH a cute couple (always good to have a partner in crime that can fall in love with Disney as much as you!)

Loved reading it, thank you! :)
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: irJoey on August 02, 2015, 02:39:57 AM
Better late than never but such a lovely trip report - you've made so excited for my next visit! Sounds like you had an amazing time and you seem like SUCH a cute couple (always good to have a partner in crime that can fall in love with Disney as much as you!)

Loved reading it, thank you! :)

Thank you so much for your kind words, irJoey! I hope your next visit comes round sooner rather than later :) thanks for reading!

Jo68

Golly fab report, I feel exhausted!!!! We have 3 more sleeps then we will be there.
We are very excited but somewhat overwhelmed by how full on the days seem.
What would you say are the must do we have our little girl who will wake up in Disney on her third birthday so need to make it truly magical for her. Any little tips or secrets things we might miss? And favourite places to eat we only have breakfast in hotel.
Thanks

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: Jo68 on September 07, 2015, 11:19:12 PM
Golly fab report, I feel exhausted!!!! We have 3 more sleeps then we will be there.
We are very excited but somewhat overwhelmed by how full on the days seem.
What would you say are the must do we have our little girl who will wake up in Disney on her third birthday so need to make it truly magical for her. Any little tips or secrets things we might miss? And favourite places to eat we only have breakfast in hotel.
Thanks

Hi, Jo68! Thanks for reading :) wow how exciting, not long to go at all! I would say go at your little girl's pace. Fantasyland has plenty of rides suitable for her age. I'd recommend using fast pass for Peter Pan, as the queues can be quite long for that.does your daughter have any favourite films or characters? As she is quite young she may be frightened of the characters, so maybe test her out with ones you bump into before dedicating time queuing for more organised meet and greets. The daily schedule is here http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/daily-park-schedules/, this has the park opening times, meet and greet times and locations and show times on. You can grab one of these under the railroad station as you enter the main park. If your little girl is a princess fan, it may be worth visiting the princess pavilion on her birthday. This is running on a reservation system at the moment - one of your party will need to queue by the old mill in fantasyland at around 9.30am, where they will be given a time slot to return later in the day. I would also take your daughter to city hall on her birthday, where she will be given a birthday badge and a call from Mickey Mouse!

I would recommend watching the parade at least once, try and get a spot around 30 mins before. Dreams should also not be missed, this is at park closing - 9pm when you are there. If this is too late for your daughter then maybe go for a nap in the afternoon.

There are some lovely shows in the Studios park for youngsters, so it might be worth checking that out, too. 

Restaurant wise, it depends what kind of food you re after. Children's menus are usually labelled as 3-11 years, so depending on how much your daughter eats she may get away with eating bits from your plates, or she may benefit from her own meal. There is a list of menus and prices here http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/. Not all restaurants are open, so sometimes it is a bit hit and miss over where you end up! I enjoy Colonel Hathis (adventureland - pizza and pasta), au chalet (fantasyland - burgers and nuggets), Annette's (burgers)  and earl of sandwich (both Disney village). There is also a McDonald's in the Disney village.

My friend Sophie runs a Disneyland Paris blog and has some tips here http://ilovedisneylandparis.tumblr.com/post/43558843518/hey-i-just-started-following-you-and-i-have-to

http://ilovedisneylandparis.tumblr.com/post/44487381947/im-going-to-disneyland-paris-for-the-first-time

So they may also be worth reading. Sorry if any of this comes across as patronising, I have never been asked to advise someone with children before   :-[  Overall I would say enjoy it, take lots of photos, and don't worry if you don't get everything done! It can be a very exhausting holiday so take things at your own pace.

I hope that helps, have a magical trip :') xx

littlebitofpixiedust

Loved your trip report and photos you both looked like you had the not amazing and magical time!

I love the Cheyenne I guess it was the very first hotel I stayed in when I was a kid. The theming is fantastic I think by far the best themed hotel but I do like the others too  :)

Thanks for sharing! Counting down until our next trip and can't wait. Trouble is it goes way to fast when your there doesn't it?

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on September 09, 2015, 05:02:13 AM
Loved your trip report and photos you both looked like you had the not amazing and magical time!

I love the Cheyenne I guess it was the very first hotel I stayed in when I was a kid. The theming is fantastic I think by far the best themed hotel but I do like the others too  :)

Thanks for sharing! Counting down until our next trip and can't wait. Trouble is it goes way to fast when your there doesn't it?

Thanks, littlebitofpixiedust! Yeah, we really did. It is killing me seeing the Christmas merch being introduced to the boutiques, I don't know how I am going to cope when the Christmas season officially starts  :'(

Yeah I know what you mean, I feel like the Cheyenne is the most immersive theme wise :) Enjoy your trip, I hope time goes slow for you whilst you are there!

Ohana

I loved every bit of this trip report! I love ones with images, and the fact that this one is Christmas themed is making me even more excited for my trip in November! I'm just a bit gutted that my whole first day will be travelling - flight isn't until 2pm then we've missed our whole first paid park day, bummer!

You said 10.30 was a good time to get checked out etc on your last day, I was hoping to get checked out super early so we could go back for extra magic hours, or at least go for EMH and then go and check out once the park fills up after EMH. Trying to utilise every little minute we have there, especially given that we'll be using one of our days to go out into Paris too!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel