Trip report 08/12/14 - 12/12/14 Hotel Cheyenne *COMPLETE*

Started by justlikewedreamedit-xo, December 20, 2014, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DisneyRon

Thank you for the lovely report justlikewedreamedit-xo, great to see you loved your first visit without your family. :)

Quote from: stormflm595 on January 06, 2015, 06:18:42 PM
thanks for sharing this report, it was such a nice read =) i'd like to purchase the posters from the Gallery on my next trip, do you remember how much you paid for each one?

Also I'm rather a fussy eater...i don't like fish or creamy things etc at all but would quite like to go the Inventions. I did Cafe Mickey last year and it was so great so I'd like to see what Inventions is like. What sort of food do they serve on the buffet? Would an extremely fussy person be able to cope or should I stick to what I know?

It really depends on what you define as extremely fussy. :)
They have a fair bit of seafood (to help justify the higher pricetag I imagine), but the rest of the buffet has a wide variety of dishes, different kinds of meat (lamb, chicken, pork, beef), usually marinated. Different types of pasta (with different sauces) but also plain, and also the standard Mickey Nuggets.

And there's plenty of variety in the desserts. ;)

The kids' food is probably safe for an extremely fussy person as it's mostly safe familiar stuff, the rest is a bit different from the default, as it is a bit more higher-end restaurant, however it was all pretty high quality stuff from what I could see.

stormflm595

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 06, 2015, 07:02:24 PM
It really depends on what you define as extremely fussy. :)
They have a fair bit of seafood (to help justify the higher pricetag I imagine), but the rest of the buffet has a wide variety of dishes, different kinds of meat (lamb, chicken, pork, beef), usually marinated. Different types of pasta (with different sauces) but also plain, and also the standard Mickey Nuggets.

And there's plenty of variety in the desserts. ;)

The kids' food is probably safe for an extremely fussy person as it's mostly safe familiar stuff, the rest is a bit different from the default, as it is a bit more higher-end restaurant, however it was all pretty high quality stuff from what I could see.

It sounds quite doable! The only things I really don't like is any kind of fish and shellfish including sea food (i even hate fish fingers its that bad haha) and creamy things, such as carbonara. but if they do pastas with different sauces i imagine tomato and basil would be one and i love a bit of chicken, pork and beef!

And of course..chocolate cake ;)

Thanks Ron, I think I'll have to book it!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

DisneyRon

No problem Stormflm595, happy to help. ;) Hope you'll have an amazing time.

I seem to recall them having tomato sauce for the pasta. :) And indeed a chocolate cake also featured, though apparently the dessert selection varies quite a bit, so you may not always have it available.

Also, the way you're describing your tastes, I wouldn't call you extremely fussy at all.
You don't like fish and seafood, which isn't uncommon. :)

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: stormflm595 on January 06, 2015, 06:18:42 PM
thanks for sharing this report, it was such a nice read =) i'd like to purchase the posters from the Gallery on my next trip, do you remember how much you paid for each one?

Also I'm rather a fussy eater...i don't like fish or creamy things etc at all but would quite like to go the Inventions. I did Cafe Mickey last year and it was so great so I'd like to see what Inventions is like. What sort of food do they serve on the buffet? Would an extremely fussy person be able to cope or should I stick to what I know?

Thanks, stormflm! I paid €18.99 for each poster, which were the smallest size they do. I think it went up around €5 for each size increase (but don't quote me on that!)

I have found some pictures of the food to show you (my photography skills are awful so apologies in advance for the blurs!) I am a fussy eater too so completely understand your worry. I found that there was plenty to choose from though.

For starter there were tortilla crisps with a selection of dips, along with a lot of meats. There were also cheese and croutons, as well as a large seafood selection.

Then for the mains there were two fish dishes, lamb, chicken and beef in different sauces, a creamy potato dish, two lots of vegetables, couscous, a creamy pasta dish, lasagne, meatballs with spaghetti, omlettes, pizza, chicken nuggets, fish goujons and Mickey Mouse potato things.

Then for dessert there was a large selection of cakes, yogurts, fresh fruit, jellies, popcorn and sweets. Hopefully that will help your decision :) I was impressed by the selection.

Quote from: daddyof2 on January 06, 2015, 06:46:18 PM
Thanks for a great trip report, it's been over 6 months now since our visit and I'm not sure how I'll last another 8 months until our next one! The good trip reports make you want to go straight away

Thanks, daddyof2! You are nearly half way between trips, I hope the next 8 months fly by for you! I find that reading other reports makes you more excited for your own trip :)

Quote from: norhel on January 06, 2015, 06:59:02 PM
Nice report and nice pictures :-)

Thanks Norhel :)

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 06, 2015, 07:02:24 PM
Thank you for the lovely report justlikewedreamedit-xo, great to see you loved your first visit without your family. :)

Thanks DisneyRon, I sure did :) although I am hoping to return with them in tow soon!

stormflm595

ooh it looks really great! i've text my friend to see if she fancies Inventions rather than Cafe Mickey...fingers crossed she'll agree!!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

Uragano Tati

This is really one of the best trip report ever! So exciting and emotional! Thank you very much for sharing. And the pictures are sooo beautiful!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: stormflm595 on January 06, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
ooh it looks really great! i've text my friend to see if she fancies Inventions rather than Cafe Mickey...fingers crossed she'll agree!!

You'll have to let us know what you decide :) I am sure you will have a lovely experience either way!

Quote from: Uragano Tati on January 10, 2015, 04:09:40 PM
This is really one of the best trip report ever! So exciting and emotional! Thank you very much for sharing. And the pictures are sooo beautiful!

Thank you so much, Uragano Tati! That really is kind of you. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it, it was so fun to write :)

jeakat24

Great trip report, thanks for sharing. My first trip with my boyfriend, now husband, was during the Christmas period and we've not been at that time of year since so it brings back lovely memories. It must have been strange it just being the two of you! We've got it the other way around in that we've always gone as the two of us and now we have little ones we bring along at least one grandparent to help out!

This has really got me in the mood for my trip in three weeks time and I definitely think I'm going to get a poster this time  :)
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: jeakat24 on January 12, 2015, 10:30:21 AM
Great trip report, thanks for sharing. My first trip with my boyfriend, now husband, was during the Christmas period and we've not been at that time of year since so it brings back lovely memories. It must have been strange it just being the two of you! We've got it the other way around in that we've always gone as the two of us and now we have little ones we bring along at least one grandparent to help out!

This has really got me in the mood for my trip in three weeks time and I definitely think I'm going to get a poster this time  :)

Hi, jeakat24! How lovely, I am glad that our first trip was during Christmas as it will make it even more memorable :') I would love to return at Christmas at some point, it was so magical. Yeah it was odd, I quite enjoyed being in charge though ;) it must be lovely to return once you have children, sharing the magic with them is lovely I'm sure :')

I hope you have an amazing time! Have you got any posters in mind or are you just going to see what they have when you get there? :)

stormflm595

I spoke to my friend; we're going to Inventions!! Thanks for the help!! :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: stormflm595 on January 12, 2015, 11:43:42 AM
I spoke to my friend; we're going to Inventions!! Thanks for the help!! :)

Eeeeee I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return :')

vampira

What a lovely trip report and pictures! I love that Disney-themed nail polish!  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: vampira on January 14, 2015, 04:09:10 PM
What a lovely trip report and pictures! I love that Disney-themed nail polish!  ;)

Thanks so much, vampira ;') I haven't done them like that since, definitely one to try over the next week or so I think!

ilovedisneylandparis

Cutest trip report ever pal, I can't wait for the next one! :-*