Trip report 08/12/14 - 12/12/14 Hotel Cheyenne *COMPLETE*

Started by justlikewedreamedit-xo, December 20, 2014, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Day 3.

We surfaced early for breakfast once again. Delicious. I had already decided that Wednesday would be our Studios day; as a family, we never spend much time in here, but I wanted to make sure that John was able to see it in detail, giving him the proper Disney experience.  Stephanie and Mum especially hate this park, mainly because we all went on Crush's Coaster once and it was a bit too exuberant for them ;) Personally, I think that there are some good attractions here, but it just lacks the magic of the Disneyland Park. I was looking forward to hearing John's thoughts on the matter.

We decided to go into the Disneyland Park beforehand to make the most of the meet and greets during extra magic hours. We opted for Goofy and Pluto, who were together at Main Street Motors. I left John in the queue, and went and took some photos.

Main Street USA is one of my favourite areas in the park, as I find the architecture of the buildings beautiful; so much detail has gone into them.  Goofy and Pluto were great, and we got some cute photos.

It was about 9.30 by this point, so we headed over to Studios. I hadn't realised that they would let us into the park before opening (I am not sure why this didn't occur to me haha), but luckily it wasn't overly busy. As we entered Studio 1, we were approached by a gentleman with a clip board, who was doing some market research for dlp. I was happy to help. He asked us our ages, where we were staying, how many nights, if we had been before, whether we would visit our hotel bar during the trip, and the reason for this. As we were leaving, John said that he hoped that didn't mean that they were thinking of closing the hotel bars?! In all honesty, it never occurred to me to visit the bar when we got back in the evening – we were always so tired that we just wanted to go to bed straight away! I guess that is just the nature of a dlp holiday though.

We headed straight to Crush, where a queue had already formed. They opened it up a little before 10, and we were on the ride within 5 minutes once the queue had started moving. I hadn't managed to get on this during my last trip, as the queue had been too long. It was nice to be back on it! We were facing backwards, and the ride stopped for a minute or so at the top of the hill. I was a little panicky in case the shell hurled back down! (I know it wouldn't, but the worry was still there!) Everything was fine though. After that, we popped over to the Ratatouille area to grab some fastpasses. As I expected, it was very busy, but we managed to get a fastpass for around 1.15. We went into Toy Story Playland after that, and spotted that RC Racer had a 5 minute queue. It didn't occur to me until we had walked round just what I was getting myself in for! We only had a few minutes to wait, and then it was our turn. All I have to say is – ARGH! I screamed a LOT haha. It was a great ride, but incredibly short, so I was glad that we hadn't queued for it.

Next, we joined the queue for the Parachute Drop.

Natalie and I had wanted to go on this on our last trip, but it had been very busy, so we had given it a miss. We queued for around 20 minutes; it was all undercover, so at least we were dry (it rained quite a bit on the Wednesday). I would liken this ride to the Tower of Terror; obviously the drops aren't of the same intensity, but there is something terrifying about the fact that you are very open, if that makes sense? Yet again, I was screaming at the top of my lungs; John pretended to fall out at one point, and he and the guy next to me were wetting themselves at my expense!

After that adrenaline overload, we rushed round to Place des Stars, for the Stars n Cars meet and greet. I had high hopes of this, and wasn't disappointed. A large array of characters came out; Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Balloo, Jafar, Smee, Stitch, Lilo, Emile, Remy, Dee and Dum, Rabbit, Tigger, Woody, Jessie, Pinocchio and Gepetto.

We decided to move once the characters came out, as one side had a lot less people crowded round than the other. This was John's idea, and it was a fantastic one, as we got to see more characters this way. I got autographs and pictures with 6 characters, which I was overjoyed about. Emile went through my bag, took out my water, and had a little drink out of it! I love interaction like that, it makes it a really personal experience.

As Gepetto came to me, it was time to go, and Pinocchio came to get him, so I ended up getting a picture with both of them! :')

After that, I took a look at the programme, and we decided to take a wonder back to Front Lot to see Mickey's Christmas outfit. Boy, am I glad we did. Mickey was there... with Minnie in tow!!! I did a little scream when I saw them, and ran to join the queue. How could I pass the opportunity of meeting the two of them together. The cast member shut the queue off shortly after we joined, which was lucky. I left John to queue and popped into a few of the shops, and started making a little list of stuff I wanted to buy. John and I then swapped; he came back with an autograph book, and said he was going to get the characters to sign it. He is going to give it to his friend's little sister for Christmas, how cute! The queue for Mickey and Minnie was very long, but it was worth it. We had a spot of lunch whilst waiting, and he rang his Mum. And then it was our turn!

I hadn't met Minnie for around 5 years, so I was overjoyed to see her. She made a massive fuss of me, and pointed to my hat :') I hate to say it, but I wasn't as impressed by Mickey; he was too busy trying to find another pen to jolly us along so didn't give me a hug or anything really :/ at least Minnie was on form, and we had had a good Mickey experience the day before. The photos from here are nice; I love the colours of their outfits and the backdrop.

By the time we were finished, it was time for Ratatouille. I was very excited about this (albeit a little nervous, as I didn't know what to expect!) I don't want to give too much away, but I thought it was fab, and I was very proud of dlp for creating something so special :') The exit for the ride is directly next to the restaurant, so you can see it as you walk by (similar to seeing Blue Lagoon from Pirates), and it has made me want to try it on my next visit. The theming of it looks great! After taking some pictures of the area, we went for a mooch around Chez Marianne. Whilst in here, John was complimented on his jacket by a cast member; he had purchased 2 Mickey Mouse jackets and 5 tees for the trip, which I thought was lovely.

Next on the agenda was the Studio Tram Tour. We joined the queue behind a family who were discussing how it didn't say anywhere that Rock N Rollercoaster was shut, and you could only find out by walking all the way up to it. I started muttering under my breath to John getting all agitated haha, a) it says on the programme what attractions were shut this week, and b) if they had been on dlrp guide they could have found out what was shut weeks, if not months, in advance. Needless to say, when the queue split, we purposely went the opposite way to them ;) the Tram Tour was the same as usual (it has never overly wowed me), and I was very pleased to see the appearance of a decoration from 1997, my first trip (nicnak, I am sure you will also recognise these :') )

We then decided to pop over to the Tower of Terror, with the plan of getting a fastpass of the queue was too large. However, it was walk on, so on we went! I started to get super nervous as we were waiting to board the elevator. I made sure I was on the end, so I could have more to hold on to – I always find it really awkward with holding on when on this ride, especially if you are sitting next to a stranger. Surprise surprise, I screamed my head off! The on ride photo was hilarious; there was a little girl sat across the aisle from me, and she is looking at me laughing because I was screaming so much haha. She has been cropped out of our photo though.

After that, it was time for Moteurs... Action! However, I also noticed that the meet and greet for Spiderman was closing soon, and we only had chance to do one. I gave John the option, and he chose Spiderman (who is his favourite Marvel character). This was definitely my most underwhelming character experience (due to the fact that I don't class Marvel as proper Disney ;) ), but it was good fun none the less. John's face on the pictures cracks me up!

We visited the Art of Disney Animation after that; I love the activities at the end of this. The shop had a lovely selection of collectibles in it, too :')

We were both beginning to get rather tired, so I thought it would be a good idea to go and see a show, so we could have a little rest. We chose Animagique, which I had seen before; it gave us a nice break, and the Lion King section was a good addition, as it is John's favourite film.

Our last ride of the day was the Magic Carpets, which was walk on. We had a carpet to ourselves, so I was in charge of the height and John the tilt.

After that, it was time to head over to the Disneyland Hotel for our meal at Inventions. We took some pictures on the way.

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Day 3 continued

Only I could go over the character limit haha   :-[

The Christmas decorations in the Disneyland Hotel looked beautiful. We had a look in the hotel shop, and made our way to the toilets, where I touched up my makeup, and we both got changed.

There were a lot of children running riot in the corridor; I know this sounds silly, but I always feel too common to enter the Disneyland Hotel, so I always assume only the quietest and poshest of children stay there ;) A queue started to form outside the restaurant at 6; we decided to join it soon after. Our reservation wasn't until 6.30, but we could easily hang back if needs be. We could see some of the characters from the queue. Earlier that day, the two of us had made a little bet on who we would see here. I had said Goofy, Minnie and Pooh bear, John had said Minnie, Pluto and Chip and Dale. He got all of his right (much to my annoyance ;) I hate being wrong where Disney in concerned!) We could see Goofy from the queue. When we got to the desk, we were taken straight to our table, even though it was a little before our slot. We were sat on one of the tables directly in front of the buffet, near the door that the cast members use to go out of the back. This was an excellent spot, as we got to see all of the characters come and go, meaning that we were able to get some interaction with them each time they passed. It was also really convenient for getting up and down for the food. We were not directly against the window, but John could see the castle from his seat. It looked so magical :') the waiter took our drinks order, and we were told to help ourselves to the food. I had a nacho selection to start; John was a bit more adventurous and had some of the meats. He regretted this though, as he accidentally had some caviar! He pulled some very pained/hilarious expressions as he swallowed it down haha.

Whilst we were eating, we were approached by our first character – Mickey! :') he was a true gent, he helped me out of my chair, admiring my Minnie ears, and then realised that he and Minnie were on my dress! He took my hands in his, and then also clocked my nails, inspecting each one. It was so cute. He then pulled me into a little pose. It was then John's turn; he showed Mickey his shirt (which was the one he wore on our first date, great choice ;) ) and had a cute little photo with him too. We then had a selfie (I know some people hate these but it was the only way we could get a picture of the 3 of us together as people were eating!) After we had finished with the pictures, Mickey tucked my chair in for me, gestured to the food as if to say bon appetit, and then walked away, playing the violin to us. It was PERFECT <3

Daisy was next; again, she was someone who I hadn't met for years. We saw her walking along, so I began to take some pictures of her, and then she came over to our table! :')

Next up was Pluto; he approached our table, then crouched down on all fours, sniffing at the table top. It was adorable, and reminded me of my dog, Matilda (which made me a little homesick actually!) He stayed on the floor and let us stroke him, and I gave him a little kiss. We then had some pictures.

After his departure, I went to investigate the main courses. There was a LOT to choose from; John had some prawns, whereas I had a fish piece, along with some meat and veg. John went for seconds whilst I was still eating. During this time, Dale had approached the tables in our area. I was gesturing like a mad woman to try and get John to come back – luckily, he eventually saw, and we got to meet him together. However, John called him Chip :O I had even told him how to remember which was which, I was mortified haha. I don't think Dale noticed though – or if he did, he didn't react.

Then Goofy appeared; some children were trying to get his attention as he approached us, and he turned around and basically told them to wait haha. The characters were very good at this actually, as even those in the parks always gave you their full attention and ignored and other people who may be calling them.

Chip and Minnie then came over together.

Minnie also noticed my dress, which made me very happy :') she had some lovely pictures with John too. The interaction really was great, I was beaming from ear to ear throughout the whole thing. Being able to see Disney Dreams whilst eating was also a magical experience.

With the characters all met, this gave us chance to focus on the food. There really was just so much choice! I had another plateful of mains, and then focused on the desserts. We were soon incredibly full. It was nice to sit and soak up the atmosphere in the restaurant, and watch the characters interact with others. Mickey presented a little girl with a birthday cake, and then had it re-lit so her brother could blow the candles out, too. A new family came and sat near us, and their little girl was jumping up and down on her seat whenever the characters came to see her; it made me tear up a little bit, it was so lovely. Mickey passed us twice, playing the violin each time. That is definitely a Disney memory which will stay with me forever :') I was filming Dale larking around at one point and Minnie came up behind me, placed her hands on my shoulders, and booed me! Near the end of our meal, a gentleman was sat near us. He was dining alone, so when the characters approached, John and I offered to take some pictures of him with them for him. He was clearly very touched by this. Dale sat at the table with him and started having a drink; it was hilarious. Begrudgingly, we made our way back to the hotel a few hours later. We had a fantastic meal, it really was one of the highlights of the holiday. I was especially pleased with the selection of characters that we got to meet. I would love to return with my family, but with 6 of us, it would be too costly. I have decided to surprise them with breakfast at Café Mickey next time we visit instead :')

Although we were completely zonked, I hadn't looked in any of the shops in the Disney Village, so we left out World of Disney, and had a look around the others, adding to my list. I planned on buying all of my merch the following evening. We were soon back at the hotel, drifting off to sleep.

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dejmurph1

we left on the staurday morning.....went to Dreams Friday night and as it was quiet windy, they didnt have any fireworks, the show just wasnt the same and to top it all it poured rain...........I think they would have been better to cancel the whole thing as it kinda left everybody very disappointed....this has been been our 30th trip to DLP but the first time I managed to persuade my wife to ride Indy!!!...we have celebrated 30ths, 40th and most lately 50th birthdays there as well as many anniversaries.......heading to WDW in June next year and cant wait to ride ST2 and the revamped Thunder Mountain.

ilovedisneylandparis

Another magical couple of days' reports pal, so happy you had such a special experience at Inventions! You have made me want to go when we visit in June ;D Looking forward to days 4 and 5!

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: norhel on December 24, 2014, 07:29:46 AM
Great report and nice photos :-)

Thanks, Norhel :)

Quote from: dejmurph1 on December 25, 2014, 11:55:53 PM
we left on the staurday morning.....went to Dreams Friday night and as it was quiet windy, they didnt have any fireworks, the show just wasnt the same and to top it all it poured rain...........I think they would have been better to cancel the whole thing as it kinda left everybody very disappointed....this has been been our 30th trip to DLP but the first time I managed to persuade my wife to ride Indy!!!...we have celebrated 30ths, 40th and most lately 50th birthdays there as well as many anniversaries.......heading to WDW in June next year and cant wait to ride ST2 and the revamped Thunder Mountain.

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed in Disney Dreams on the Friday, dejmurph! How upsetting, especially as it was our last experience of Dreams that holiday. Did you watch the parade on that day? we did, and were quite disappointed with that too, as a lot of the characters from previous days were missing!

Quote from: geekyjo on December 27, 2014, 09:18:11 PM
Another magical couple of days' reports pal, so happy you had such a special experience at Inventions! You have made me want to go when we visit in June ;D Looking forward to days 4 and 5!

Eee thanks pal, can't wait to tell you all about it later :D

I have finished day 4, just need to have a play around with the photos! It seems a little dreary compared to the other days, that is probably due to the fact that writing it was making me miss dlp so bad :'( so apologies in advance! Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year :')

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Day 4.

Whilst speaking to Nats and Josh over breakfast, I realised that we had completely neglected Discoveryland on our visit – no Buzz or Star Tours!!! What was I thinking?! We had also not been on It's a Small World since Monday, so today was definitely going to be a ride day. After a filling breakfast, we tootled off to the park, wanting to make the most of the Extra Magic Hours.

First stop was Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast. This ride is very special to me, as my family and I were lucky enough to try it out before its official opening. I was eager to see John's reaction to the Buzz in the queue. I think the queue is great for this ride (I got John to film it for Josh cos he always mimics the audio to it haha); it really keeps you entertained.

I am smug to say that I kicked John's ass at this, almost doubling his score ;)

After getting out on-ride picture, we popped into Constellations, one of my favourite shops in the park. After this, we headed over to Autopia, to check out the queue. This is a ride which wasn't open for 4 or 5 of my first visits, so I always make a point of riding it now. The queue was the shortest I had ever seen; we were only waiting around 5 minutes. John let me drive, which we both found rather amusing, as in real life I have only let him experience my driving skills 2 or 3 times, as I am a very nervous driver.

After that, we popped over to Star Tours. I was very excited about going on this, as I am now the proud owners of Star Wars leggings and my very own Starspeeder 2000, so was keen to get reacquainted.

However, on approaching the turnstiles to go through to the boarding area, I realised that I had dropped one of my gloves! They are adorable cream mittens with Mickey's on them (bought from the Disney Store online, but available in the parks), so obviously I was extremely upset/panicky. We raced back, searching on the floor (which was a tad tricky in there haha). Luckily, we spotted a very kind lady holding it. Boy, was I grateful. What a lifesaver! After that excitement, I was glad to get on the ride.

We both felt a little poorly after getting off haha, but it was great fun all the same. John isn't a huge Star Wars fan, but he said he enjoyed it.

We had a quick browse in Star Traders, and continued towards Fantasyland, where we picked up a fastpass for Peter Pan. We then went on Pirates of the Caribbean, which John also filmed. We then proceeded to Le Pays and Casey Jr. I always feel that these attractions get overlooked because they are a little out of the way.

Again, these are 2 rides which I always try and get on, as for about a 5-6 year period they were closed when I visited. They were open the first year we visited though; I remember waiting for Dad outside Casey Jr, as he had been on Space Mountain and Star Tours (he tried all of the 'big-looking' rides beforehand to check they were suitable for Stephanie and I, how cute :') ) and had come back feeling a little queasy haha.  Anyway, I noticed that they now stop Le Pays to let people get on and off (not sure if this was due to the weather or if it is a regular thing?), which made me smile, as last time we had visited we saw a poor woman practically do the splits due to slipping as she boarded.

We queued a fair while for Casey Jr, which I think is usual, and then went on Peter Pan.

After that, we went on It's a Small World. I still don't think that the Christmas-y vibe made it the same (and still no ticking clock!)

After our time in Fantasyland, we went to Frontierland, where we got a fastpass for BTM. I then decided to take John to the Sword in the Stone, and to visit the dragon. He thought this was really cool :')

We then had a little explore in the boutiques in the castle.

We had a little bit of time to kill, so decided to go for a coffee in the Cable Car Bakeshop.

We sat in here and watched the parade go by, which was lovely.

After that, it was time for BTM. We then went to pay the Ravenswood's a visit, entering the manor, and having a look around Boot Hill. I had lots of fun explaining the coffins to John. My family and I had our lunch in Boot Hill every day on our last visit (lunch in a graveyard, as you do ;) ) so we took some pictures in here for them to see.

We were both quite peckish ourselves by this point, so we wandered down to Cowboy Cookout to see what they had to offer. I hadn't eaten in here for a fair while. I opted for the kid's meal of cheeseburger and chips, whereas John had bbq chicken. It was very nice (the chicken was nicely cooked and reminded me of nandos haha) and I instantly regretted not having that. However, I don't think my stomach could have managed it, as my child's meal filled me.

I then thought that we could catch the railroad, but when we got to Frontierland Station, it was closed. However, it gave us a chance to see where Santa was.

We were both getting rather tired at this point, so took a break and looked around the shops on Main Street.

I could spend hours in Harrington's, staring in awe at all of the beautiful ornaments and trinkets. If only I had a huge house to myself to fill with such gorgeous things.

We then went to get a spot for the parade, the last showing of the day. John was going to film it today. We managed to get a nice spot on Main Street.

There was a bit of pushing and shoving at one point, and raised voices – I was worried that there was going to be a fight! The parade was lovely. Minnie even noticed my hat and pointed at it, giggling!

I started crying at the end, because the realisation that it was our last full day in the park had hit me. John grabbed me and started dancing with me in the snow, it was such a beautiful and romantic moment (what a babe!) I know it sounds so silly to get upset when you still technically have one day left, but I just really didn't want to leave :'( after pulling myself together, we continued through the shops on Main Street, taking some pictures along the way.

It was then time for Christmas Wishes, which I filmed (and bawled my head off at, surprise surprise).

We were both feeling the cold, so decided not to wait 45 minutes for a spot for Dreams, heading into Liberty Arcade instead. There is something so homely about this arcade; it is definitely my favourite of the two.

We nipped outside at around 6.55, standing under the cover of Casey's read for Dreams.

We had a lovely view actually, and I got really emotional at the end. Our last evening at the park :'( we made sure we walked directly in the middle of Main Street so that we could see the castle the whole way down. I kept looking back every few steps, crying. When we reached the tree, John stopped me, put our bags down, and we had one last picture with the castle lit up at night. I then cried my head off haha, and he got upset cos I was so upset (what are we like?!)

It was then time for my shopping! We started at World of Disney.

I left John with my handbag at the seating area, and whizzed round with my list. The queue in there was horrendous! I had a lovely chatty cashier though. There were a few things that I was without, so we popped to the Disney Store, and then on to the gallery. Here I made a shortlist of the prints I wanted, and picked up some ornaments for myself, as well as for Stephanie and Natalie for Christmas. The lady who served us was so helpful; I asked if we could have boxes for them, and she did her very best to help us, giving us a larger box so we could fit a few in one, padding them for us. Laden with purchases, we headed off. We hadn't eaten since around 3pm, but we were both too tired for a proper sit down meal, so we went to Earl of Sandwich on our way back. I stuck with the same as before, whereas John had the philly steak, which he said was amazing.

[

On our walk back to the hotel we saw an English couple having a full blown argument, the man was properly swearing at his wife/girlfriend. They had two young kids and I got quite upset/scared. They were staying at the Cheyenne, so we ended up catching up with them, and they were laughing and joking by then, but it still wasn't nice to see or hear. When we got back to the room, it was time to pack the case. We had packed one case inside of the other to travel with (which was a GREAT idea, I would definitely recommend if travelling by train), so that meant going home I could fill one with merch (the bigger one, naturally ;) ) We padded out the ornaments with clean clothing and one of the plushes I bought, and it all fit wonderfully. We then got into bed. I couldn't believe that tomorrow would be the last morning that we would be waking up in Disneyland :'(

BlackPearl

Thank you for your great report and the beautiful pictures.  :D

seraphelle

Excellent trip report and brilliant photos!  Might need to invest in a selfie stick for our next trip. Also, I'm glad the ghouls are back in the mirrors. I had worried they were gone permanently so that's a relief! Xx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DisneyRon

Thank you for the lovely report :D Glad to see it all worked out and you had a wonderful time. :)

stormflm595

love love LOVE this trip report so far. you're making me so excited for my next trip eeee!!!!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: BlackPearl on January 02, 2015, 10:18:30 PM
Thank you for your great report and the beautiful pictures.  :D

Quote from: seraphelle on January 02, 2015, 11:09:05 PM
Excellent trip report and brilliant photos!  Might need to invest in a selfie stick for our next trip. Also, I'm glad the ghouls are back in the mirrors. I had worried they were gone permanently so that's a relief! Xx

Quote from: DisneyRon on January 03, 2015, 11:01:58 AM
Thank you for the lovely report :D Glad to see it all worked out and you had a wonderful time. :)

Quote from: stormflm595 on January 05, 2015, 03:07:32 PM
love love LOVE this trip report so far. you're making me so excited for my next trip eeee!!!!

Thanks everyone :) just trying to organise my photos, the last day should hopefully be up this afternoon :')

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Day 5.

I awoke with a very heavy heart :'( I made the most of breakfast, and even managed to smuggle some extra rolls and croissants to take home (I surprised my family with a Disneyland breakfast the next morning, complete with president butter :') )

We then headed back to the room to double check that we had got everything, and took our luggage over to the luggage area, taking lots of pictures of the hotel on the way.

I was a bit nervous about leaving our bags, having never used this facility before, but it all went smoothly. We arrived in the park at 10.15, which I thought was pretty good going really.

We picked up a fastpass for Peter Pan, and went on Buzz. I beat John yet again ;) (not by quite as much as the first time though, he was learning ;) )

As we came out, it was snowing!!! Only sleet-like and for a few minutes, but it was so magical all the same. We were jumping up and down outside Constellations hugging each other with excitement haha :')

We then went on It's a Small World. On our way to Peter Pan, we saw Captain Hook and Mr Smee. Next up was Pirates of the Caribbean. And guess what?! The lady at the window was there, finally! What a wonderful way to end then week :')

As we came out, who did we see but Captain Jack Sparrow! It had started to rain, so we gave up waiting, and headed to Adventure Isle to have some lunch under cover. Jack wondered through, and the cast member with him recognised us and called Jack over to where we were so that we could have a picture. Thanks, Jonny :')

After a spot of lunch, we headed to Frontierland, where we did BTM and Phantom Manor.

I hadn't been on the Railroad for some years, and after a failed attempt to ride it the day before, we decided to head to Main Street Station. We saw Tiana in Town Square on our way, but unfortunately she was just leaving.

After going around the whole park on the train, we headed up Main Street, towards Pinocchio.

We then decided to visit La Galerie. I had saved this and Alice's Labyrinth until Friday, thinking it would be a busier day. However, there wasn't really that much difference in the queues for the usual attractions. The weather was so bad that unfortunately we gave the Labyrinth a miss; it is going to have to be a must-do for next time.

After looking at the beautiful stained glass windows and tapestries, we walked through Adventureland, and looped back round to Main Street, as we had missed out Hook's Ship and Skull Rock during our entire visit!

It was then time for the parade.

I hate to say it, but we were both extremely disappointed. Tink and Max were both missing, being replaced by elves (who were cute, but not quite the same). Buzz was also missing, so Woody was walking in front of the float he was usually on. It definitely lacked the magic it usually had. Obviously I understand that not everyone can be there every day, but to have 3 characters missing was a shame. I know in previous years, they have alternated what was missing when, especially with the Wonderful World of Disney Parade back in the day (god I sound old haha).

We then went in a few of the shops on Main Street USA, picking up some bits that I had missed the day before.

Time was then getting the better of us, and we just had time for a couple of last rides. Naturally, I chose Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom Manor.

We then walked down Main Street, feeling like I had lead in the bottom of my shoes. I hate this part of the holiday :'( We stood in front of the tree, having one last look at the castle. John told me that it wasn't goodbye, it was see you soon.

We then headed underneath Main Street Station, and left the park. What a horrible horrible feeling.

Luckily, I had my posters to order from the Disney Gallery to cheer me up :') I chose the smallest posters of the It's a Small World attraction poster, and then a scene from Sleeping Beauty, and Mickey and friends re-enacting the dog/key scene from Pirates of the Caribbean. I also got my brother the poster of Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast for his playstation room; I had it framed and gave it to him for Christmas, it went down a treat :') the lovely lady from the day before served us again, and told us that our order would arrive between 2 and 3 weeks. However, it arrived 1 week later.

I was extremely impressed with the service! I just wish that they had the stretchy room portraits from Phantom Manor :'(

We then nipped to McDonalds for a bite to eat, and went to collect our luggage. Chessy station was a bit hectic, as we had to queue a fair while for our tickets (it was nearing rush hour so our own fault really, I would advise buying your tickets early on in the day to avoid this!) The Metro was awful as well; at one point I got stick between the pole in the middle of the carriage and the cases, I thought I was going to get crushed :'( we had an uneventful journey after that, we saw a Rugby team including a 'Leicester Tiger's legend' at the Eurostar station which John got excited about (pur-lease, they have nothing on Mickey ;) ), and two people who had had a bit too much to drink at their work Christmas do were keeping us entertained on the train back to Rugby.

John's Dad picked us up from the station at midnight, and my parents were waiting up for me when I got back. After briefly telling them about our week, I went to bed. I was exhausted. The next morning, everyone tucked into their breakfast goodies, and Josh and I watched youtube videos of dlp. He is very excited to experience Ratatouille on our next trip :')

It is 4 weeks since I was there, and it feels so long ago :'( I had a magical time though. Going with John was just as good as going with my family, and he really embraced the experience, which was great. I am so thankful to him for going with me; he really did make Christmas at Disney so magical :') I would definitely recommend visiting at Christmas for those of you who haven't – it was just perfect :')

Thanks for reading everyone. Until next time :')

stormflm595

thanks for sharing this report, it was such a nice read =) i'd like to purchase the posters from the Gallery on my next trip, do you remember how much you paid for each one?

Also I'm rather a fussy eater...i don't like fish or creamy things etc at all but would quite like to go the Inventions. I did Cafe Mickey last year and it was so great so I'd like to see what Inventions is like. What sort of food do they serve on the buffet? Would an extremely fussy person be able to cope or should I stick to what I know?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

daddyof2

Thanks for a great trip report, it's been over 6 months now since our visit and I'm not sure how I'll last another 8 months until our next one! The good trip reports make you want to go straight away