Princess Pavillion

Started by ianbrownie, November 04, 2014, 11:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianbrownie

Hi,
Can anyone suggest the best time to go to Princess Pavillion?  Does it have "Fastpass" system? Is it open in the early morning "magic hours" for hotel guests only?

DLPWonders (Banned)

It's not open during the Extra Magical Hours.
There really is no best time. Maybe during the parade or dinner time.
But it's always pretty crowded there, since the princesses are highly popular.
It doesn't have a Fastpass system, you just have to queue up. Queues are usually between 60-90 minutes long.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Esti

It's not exactly a FastPass system, but you do need to get a ticket with a time slot to get in. Next to the Old Mill there's a queue area. People queue from very early in the day, between 9:30 and 10, to get the tickets. At 10:30 CMs arrive and they start handing out the tickets for the pavilion. You can choose the time slot from the ones they have left by the time it is your turn. When I went, by 11 there were no more tickets. You can see a sign saying "COMPLETE" near the Old Mill.
The rest is exactly as a FP works. You go to the pavilion and you'll have to wait inside.

I've only been able to the Pavilion without a ticket once, and it was late and raining, so there weren't many people and apparently they decided to open it for everyone.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Esti on November 05, 2014, 12:07:29 AM
It's not exactly a FastPass system, but you do need to get a ticket with a time slot to get in. Next to the Old Mill there's a queue area. People queue from very early in the day, between 9:30 and 10, to get the tickets. At 10:30 CMs arrive and they start handing out the tickets for the pavilion. You can choose the time slot from the ones they have left by the time it is your turn. When I went, by 11 there were no more tickets. You can see a sign saying "COMPLETE" near the Old Mill.
The rest is exactly as a FP works. You go to the pavilion and you'll have to wait inside.

I've only been able to the Pavilion without a ticket once, and it was late and raining, so there weren't many people and apparently they decided to open it for everyone.

You actually don't. Those were test phases.
There's just the normal queue system now.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Esti

I wouldn't say that something that lasted over a year was a "test phase". What a long "phase".

Esti

Aaaand it does look like it wasn't a "one year test phase". I guess they use it when the crowds will be too much, which makes sense, since you still have to queue for almost an hour even when they give out tickets. I'd email them to see if it'll be open to all while you're there, just in case.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-k7921720-Princess_Pavillion_and_Easy_Access_Pass-Disneyland_Paris_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Esti on November 05, 2014, 02:41:22 PM
I wouldn't say that something that lasted over a year was a "test phase". What a long "phase".

They did the ticketing system for about 2-3 weeks in a row, a few times this year. That's a test phase ;)

lea2124

hi, the princess pavillion is now just for meet and greet anna and elsa during xmas. and I believe there is just 1 set so the queue today was 5 hrs long! the other princesses are doing a promenade at some point in the day. the queue when we were there in the summer wasn't too bad coz we got the fast pass ticket and then came back and queued again! but 5 hrs is a joke :-(
we're going in 10 days. when do u go?
hth Louise x

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: lea2124 on November 10, 2014, 03:39:57 PM
hi, the princess pavillion is now just for meet and greet anna and elsa during xmas. and I believe there is just 1 set so the queue today was 5 hrs long! the other princesses are doing a promenade at some point in the day. the queue when we were there in the summer wasn't too bad coz we got the fast pass ticket and then came back and queued again! but 5 hrs is a joke :-(
we're going in 10 days. when do u go?
hth Louise x

The Princess Promenade will start from November 14th, and is once in the morning.
Anna & Elsa will be featured in that as well.

I'm not even the slightest bit surprised about a queue of 5 hours.
We could've all seen this coming, considering the extreme popularity of the royal sisters.

I've had the luck to have met them at the Disneyland Hotel 2 weeks ago when they did approval sets there. Merida also.
But I'm going back in 25 days, and I'm still going to queue up. Even if it takes me 8 hours.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Esti on November 05, 2014, 02:47:00 PM
Aaaand it does look like it wasn't a "one year test phase". I guess they use it when the crowds will be too much, which makes sense, since you still have to queue for almost an hour even when they give out tickets. I'd email them to see if it'll be open to all while you're there, just in case.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-k7921720-Princess_Pavillion_and_Easy_Access_Pass-Disneyland_Paris_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

As I said before, no ticket system. It was a test phase. ;)

Gemma W

Oh my goodness 5 hours! What child can wait in a line for that long! That is a total joke! I was really hoping we would get to see them when we go in a few weeks time but there is no way I am wasting my time for a 5 min meet! Such a shame!

Aurora1

check out in the morning, when paople start queing. Then be there at that time. maybe you can avoid a massive queue that way. And if you`re out side, it is easier to go for a walk or use the bathroom...

never2old

I'm curious to see what the waiting times are during the week, when the park is quieter... Yesterday was a very busy day (holiday) so waiting times were similar to those during the weekends...

Fluffymilly

Ok this is the latest information..... Last week there was just an open queue for Anna and Elsa (2 pairs of them) and the queue time was 8 hours!!! Luckily by the time we got there on Thursday they had started the ticket system again. They said that the tickets would be given out at 10:30 and only one member of each group had to queue, so we joined a fairly long queue at the old mill at 9:30. They started giving out the tickets half hour early at 10:00 and we got a ticket for 5 of us to return between 3:30 and 4:00. Everyone that wanted to visit the princess had to have a timed ticket, you could not just walk in. I don't know what happened on Saturday and Sunday when it was crazy busy in the park but on Monday we met a family that were staying in the Dream Castle Hotel so didn't have extra magic hours and by the time that they got to the queue at 9:40 all the tickets were gone and they weren't even supposed to handing out tickets until 10:00! I felt very sorry for the little girls :'(

Esti

They gave the tickets before 10:30?!?!?! That's just not right. If they queue is so long during the Extra Magic Hours that people who come later can't get a ticket, then don't let people queue before the EMH.
I still find it amazing that, after almost 25 years in business, DLP doesn't know how to manage the smallest of queues. It's just embarrasing. They need to get their shit together.