American in Need of Help

Started by vantonni, November 04, 2014, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vantonni

DW and I are planning a trip to Paris in Jan. 2015.  We'd like to spend 2 days at DLP.  American packages are 2x-3x the price of converted UK package for Newport Hotel - so websites are terrible in the States. We are annual passholders to WDW and are used to getting hotel discounts that way.

1.  is the 20% room+2 day tickets+free half food a good deal (380 pounds)?

2.  is it worthwhile to buy an annual pass and are there room discounts for annual pass holders? 

3.  is it worthwhile to ala carte - 4x1 day mini tickets + Newport hotel (looking for walking distance to parks, Newport seems cheapest of those)

thanks in advance for the help - I wish it was easier for americans to trip plan 

DLRP Roundup!

1. Yeah thats a fair price for it, £380 for both of you?
2. Nope, the discount is always worse than a package.
3. Usually the deals a little better, but if you've priced it cheaper, go with it.

The Cheyenne isn't as nice a hotel but is roughly the same distance as the Newport and will be cheaper. It's also onsite.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

never2old

I was going to recommend the Sequoia Lodge instead of the Newport, but otherwise Trekkie101 has covered everything :)

vantonni

amanda08

I would also reccomend the SL as the Newport is still heavily in renovation. Plus the SL is my favourite winter hotel - so cosy by the open fire in the evening :)

The Cheyenne is fine - we have had good stays there - but there is a noticable difference in standard. Breafast is better at SL, its about 10 mins closer to the park, has a pool, is recently renovated etc